Fujin

Smoke's hair is gay. Fujin looks awesome now and he should be like that. It has some chinese flair

I love fujin's MK:A design. He looks young and tough than his MK4 design, Old and "looks like" a wimp. Just saying..

I think he should have an alternate costume with a hat similar to Raiden's. The hat shouldn't be exclusive to Raiden, I think it's a sign of Godliness. Fujin's moves were neat in MK4 and Armageddon, I also liked the cross-bow. It'd be really cool if his hair blew with his wind moves, or if things in the arena could get blown by the wind.

I think he should have an alternate costume with a hat similar to Raiden's. The hat shouldn't be exclusive to Raiden, I think it's a sign of Godliness. Fujin's moves were neat in MK4 and Armageddon, I also liked the cross-bow. It'd be really cool if his hair blew with his wind moves, or if things in the arena could get blown by the wind.

Good thinking. Maybe some leaves flying around Fujin, but not a lot, and maybe see characters' hair, flap or bandages move in the direction of the wind blowing.

For those who havent read about this, I found more insight to Fujin's story during the events of MK4 while reading through wiki. I believe the orginal source was an Mk comic but not really sure. According to it when Shinnok ecaped Netherealm, he first decided to invade the Eternal Palace of the Elder Gods along with his army of darkness. Fujin who was one of the guardians, tried protecting the palace but was quickly overwhelmed and fell from the heavens to Earthrealm. Shinnok's minions pursued him there but he was saved by the arrival of Raiden, Liu Kang and Kai. It was from here that he decided to join forces with raiden and help him fight shinnok. This could also explain his absence upto the events of Mk4 as he was appointed a guardian of the Eternal Palace of the Eldar Gods possibly after being defeated by ESZ during the events of MKM:SZ.
However with the death of Liu Kang in the altered timeline, it would be interesting to see how Fujin's fate turns out in MK10.
Also Fujin's weapon in MK:A was originally a Wind Staff which Ed Boon described as 'an ancient tree branch fitted with 'Forest Crystals' with magical wind energy circling around the twigs at the end of the staff'. However they replaced with a crappy devastator sword due to the lack of time. I really would love to see that staff return with Fujin as either DLC for MK9 or in MK10, coz it sounds so kick ass.

In my opinion: Fujin HAS to make more appearances in future MK games. He seems like a very wise character because he never has temper (like his brother Raiden). I prefered his voice in MKA over MK4/Gold. Fujin's moves are cool too with the tornadoes and everything.

His costume designs in both MK4 and Armageddon were alright. But my favorite thing about his costume design is his ponytail (kind of a Kitana ripoff, but still effectivly used).

Yes. Fujin is awesome. I hope he's the fourth mystery character, but I doubt it heavily.

Y'know guys. I heard a rumor that NRS is making an ultimate edition of MK9. So we could possibly see a UMK with all kinds of cool characters from MK4 like Reiko, Fujin, Kai, Shinnok, Tanya and maybe Jarek(not saying Jarek is cool, he's just another Kano knock-off IMO). This may also include more costumes, fatalities, alternate X-Rays(like in SSFIV with alternate Ultras), and possibly more gamemodes like the Tournement mode from Trilogy.

Back to the subject at hand...

Fujin has much potential in the ways of gameplay mechanics. I already can tell you that his main focus would be zoning, similar to how Kai would function in the 2.5D format. Or as a better comparison, Shang Tsung.

The possibilities for his story elements, however; are near limitless. I won't repeat what you guys said, since I figure you guys are all smart enough to figure out on your own what they will do with him in the story.

Last edited:
Yes. Fujin is awesome. I hope he's the fourth mystery character, but I doubt it heavily.

Y'know guys. I heard a rumor that NRS is making an ultimate edition of MK9. So we could possibly see a UMK with all kinds of cool characters from MK4 like Reiko, Fujin, Kai, Shinnok, Tanya and maybe Jarek(not saying Jarek is cool, he's just another Kano knock-off IMO). This may also include more costumes, fatalities, alternate X-Rays(like in SSFIV with alternate Ultras), and possibly more gamemodes like the Tournement mode from Trilogy.

Back to the subject at hand...

Fujin has much potential in the ways of gameplay mechanics. I already can tell you that his main focus would be zoning, similar to how Kai would function in the 2.5D format. Or as a better comparison, Shang Tsung.

The possibilities for his story elements, however; are near limitless. I won't repeat what you guys said, since I figure you guys are all smart enough to figure out on your own what they will do with him in the story.

Kinda agree, but I think Fujin would be more of a rushdown with some of his specials as anti-air properties and a lot of spinning stun.

Kinda agree, but I think Fujin would be more of a rushdown with some of his specials as anti-air properties and a lot of spinning stun.

This makes sense. Perhaps some zoning, but I shift more towards your opions on this one. He would most likely have much more anti-air than zoning. I could see the rushdowns with possible "wind-teleports".

Yeah. Fujin's more dangerous when he outjuggles his opponents with his wind attacks, especially ending the combo with either Air Kick or Gusting Cyclone.

Hopefully Fujin will return in the next game. I would like for his knee jab special move to return though I wouldn't want it to be like Kahn's rising knee where he just seems like trotting and lifting his knee. I like it to be more like how it was in MK4 where he could fly half way across the screen and jab his opponent multiple times. It could be an effective anti-air too.

Fujin should have a slightly less serious and more sarcastic tone and have more of a fighting role akin to the humans (yet still wise) in the story of MK10 in contrast to Raiden's more serious personality and "wait-and-see" approach. In that way, his personality would be differentiated from Raiden's and he wouldn't come off as just "another Raiden". His backstory needs to be fleshed out more; by that, I mean explain what he was doing during the events of MK9, a little bit about his powers and what he does, and how he's going to tie in the story of MK10. Don't just say, "Oh hey guys, here's the God of Wind, his name's Fujin, he heard about Shinnok and Quan Chi so he's gonna prepare to fight against him with Raiden kthnxbai". That was a BIG problem I had with a lot of PS2 era MK characters; how they would just randomly introduce new characters with shallow backstories only to find out, "Oh, gee, this guy's actually important to the storyline!" *cough* Taven and Daegon *cough*. He needs a proper reintroduction, so that casuals who don't know who the hell this Fujin guy is won't be completely lost on where he came from, and also so that this reintroduction can pleasantly surprise MK fans who may have wrote him off before in the older games.

For those who havent read about this, I found more insight to Fujin's story during the events of MK4 while reading through wiki. I believe the orginal source was an Mk comic but not really sure. According to it when Shinnok ecaped Netherealm, he first decided to invade the Eternal Palace of the Elder Gods along with his army of darkness. Fujin who was one of the guardians, tried protecting the palace but was quickly overwhelmed and fell from the heavens to Earthrealm. Shinnok's minions pursued him there but he was saved by the arrival of Raiden, Liu Kang and Kai. It was from here that he decided to join forces with raiden and help him fight shinnok. This could also explain his absence upto the events of Mk4 as he was appointed a guardian of the Eternal Palace of the Eldar Gods possibly after being defeated by ESZ during the events of MKM:SZ.
However with the death of Liu Kang in the altered timeline, it would be interesting to see how Fujin's fate turns out in MK10.
Also Fujin's weapon in MK:A was originally a Wind Staff which Ed Boon described as 'an ancient tree branch fitted with 'Forest Crystals' with magical wind energy circling around the twigs at the end of the staff'. However they replaced with a crappy devastator sword due to the lack of time. I really would love to see that staff return with Fujin as either DLC for MK9 or in MK10, coz it sounds so kick ass.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

X-Ray for Fujin:

He traps them in a pillar of tornado, being constantly spun around in the air. Then he uses his powers to fly and as the opponent is still spinning, he starts with a timed flying kick to the face, breaking their skull. Then, he breaks their spine with a flying punch to their lower back. Afterwards, he finishes with a powerful wind blast, that shreds his opponent and knocks them back to the wall, breaking their spine even more and shoulders.

Specials and Enhanced Version:

Tornado Wind
*Tornado Storm: He launches two human-sized tornadoes at the opponent. If it connects, they will be stunned longer and spun around faster.
Wind Kick
*Hurricane Kick: He does a homing dive kick that hits 3 times. It's unbreakable on the last hit and sends the opponent to the wall.
Air Lift (Air Funnel)
*Wind Lift: He lifts his opponent even higher before bouncing them twice on the ground, each one sending the opponent higher than the last.
Gust Twister
*Gust Cyclone: He spins faster in place, gaining vaccuum properties, sucking the opponent within a certain distance before sending them upwards instead of straight to the ground.

Fujin is epic!

My main in Armageddon... Can I please have him back? Please Mr. Boon, can I have him back?