Frost

Im a fan. MKDA was her first version and as you know, characters change with each new game (some more than others). There is plenty of potential to update her story of moves to really make her seperate from SZ. I can see the similarities between the two but i dont see her as a SZ rip off.

What about her ground freeze that makes opponents unable to balance themselves or just stick to the ground, or the ability to send out a flurry of ice shards.
I really like the idea of frosty breathe - similar to scorpians fire breathe but is freezes opponents.

Well one thing you mentioned, her ground freeze, and how you described it are exactly the how Sub Zero's freeze are or have at once been like. In MK2 they slide toward you all unbalanced like, and in MK9 they stick to the ground.

I think her character is going to be doomed to being called a rip off or unoriginal no matter what they do, just based on the fact that she has freezing powers and so does Subby. But then again, Street Fighter has a ton of Ryu clones, so I guess it could work.

Ok since I'm 99% sure Frost is gonna be in the next game, I thought of an xray and one fatality.

Xray-
Frost shoots the ground with ice freezing the opponents legs. She then shoots a giant ice spike under the oppenent's legs shooting them in the air towards her. While the victim is still in the air, Frost uppercuts them hard in the bottom of the jaw shattering it into pieces. The oppenent does a flip in the air and comes back down only to be violently knee'd to the face by Frost.

Fatality-

Ok so Frost freezes the victim's lower body and walls towards them. She graps them by the shoulders and attempts to torso rip them. After failing once the victim laughs and says, "Copycat". Furious, Frost kicks the lower body which was covered in ice leaving the victim wailing in pain. She then freezes the victim's upper body and stomps it into pieces leaving only a severed head.

I think Frost would be a better character if they gave her a more diverse moveset and make her faster but weaker than Subby. So it's like, if Subby focuses on turtling/defense, Frost focuses on offense, speed, and/or flair.

Ok since I'm 99% sure Frost is gonna be in the next game, I thought of an xray and one fatality.

Xray-
Frost shoots the ground with ice freezing the opponents legs. She then shoots a giant ice spike under the oppenent's legs shooting them in the air towards her. While the victim is still in the air, Frost uppercuts them hard in the bottom of the jaw shattering it into pieces. The oppenent does a flip in the air and comes back down only to be violently knee'd to the face by Frost.

Fatality-

Ok so Frost freezes the victim's lower body and walls towards them. She graps them by the shoulders and attempts to torso rip them. After failing once the victim laughs and says, "Copycat". Furious, Frost kicks the lower body which was covered in ice leaving the victim wailing in pain. She then freezes the victim's upper body and stomps it into pieces leaving only a severed head.

Epic. Just, epic. Made me laugh :)

Xray-

Fatality-

Good one. Could've thought of that X-Ray myself, except that you beat me to it.

It's 2012 dammit.
I hope that Frost has NONE of Sub-Zero's moves.
NO ice-ball
NO ice-clone
NO ice-slide
NO ice-puddle
NO ground freeze

Have her throw ice daggers.
Maybe even a move where she forms stalagmites from the ground under your feet, as a pop-up move.

stock-illustration-7222022-stalagmites-and-ice-crystals.jpg

I'm just sick and tired of seeing Sub-Zero with tits.
I don't mind Frost in Mk10, but they've got to get more creative with her.

Last edited:
I hate her short hair.
I think thats why she's so boring to me.

I'd like her to have longer hair, like shoulder length, but still keeping the spiked tips at the end.

^^^^^^^^^^ Yes please. Oh, and Araknyd, nice idea! I'd love to see Frost contrast with Sub-Zero by having more of an offensive-type of playstyle. I just don't know how what her fatalities should be like since I don't know all that much about her (besides her ice powers, of course).

I'm actually kinda excited to see how NRS is gonna revamp her in MK10 (or 11)

^^^^^^^^^^ Yes please. Oh, and Araknyd, nice idea! I'd love to see Frost contrast with Sub-Zero by having more of an offensive-type of playstyle. I just don't know how what her fatalities should be like since I don't know all that much about her (besides her ice powers, of course).

I'm actually kinda excited to see how NRS is gonna revamp her in MK10 (or 11)

Seeing as NRS did some awesome revamps in MK9, I have faith that NRS can do some awesome stuff with frost, and I hope they do.
She has so much potential as a character, rather than them giving her copy cat moves.
Same goes for Jarek.
I don't mind seeing him in MK10 either, IF NRS doesn't give him Kano copy-cat moves, and gives him original moves.
Didn't care for his whip in Armageddon, but at least it was original.

What if Frost, instead of being a Sub-Zero copy, she can possess crystals & diamonds and not ice. Well ice crystals are the same, I don't know.

I hope she won't be hard to play as and that she'll look more like this.

tumblr_mcp7sfe4IX1qk7uz4o1_1280.jpg

I hope she won't be hard to play as and that she'll look more like this.

tumblr_mcp7sfe4IX1qk7uz4o1_1280.jpg

Frost looking like that is a Square-Enix lawsuit waiting to happen.

EDIT: Upon looking at it further, it IS the Shiva eidolon/esper/aeon/GF/summon monster from the Final Fantasy series. DEFINITELY an infringement lawsuit from Square Enix!

Last edited:
Too bad she won't be wearing that outfit, although that hairstyle with a flair of ice spikes aren't a bad idea for Frost. I do agree with the above posts saying that Frost should be more of an offensive type kombatant since she needs to take advantage of her speed. This is what I thought of for her moveset:

Rising Shard: She fires shards of ice diagonally upwards.
-Ice Mortar: She fires upward diagonally a giant icicle to her opponent, which it either damages them if hit directly or freezes them from the splash radius from being too close.
Snowy Dash: She slides on ice as she charges and attacks the opponent with a straight elbow.
-Avalanche Dash: After the initial hit, Frost follows up with two more hits before finishing it with a ice dagger uppercut.
Ice Geyser: She hits both of her palms on the ground and summons a huge ice spike from underneath. If hit by it, it will cause pop-up, having Frost an opportunity to execute her juggle combo. Can be used at either short, mid or long range.
-Crystal Eruption: Same thing, but instead of summon 1 ice spike at one of the ranges, she summons 3 giant ice crystals at all 3 ranges, popping the opponent up further in the air.

That's all I can think of.

I think Frost would be a better character if they gave her a more diverse moveset and make her faster but weaker than Subby. So it's like, if Subby focuses on turtling/defense, Frost focuses on offense, speed, and/or flair.
Fair call. I have nothing against her as far as her moves or as a copycat Sub-Zero. But I'm getting annoyed with the storyline and Sub-Zero's softness on her disloyalty.
I just want to know if she is good or bad once and for all?

Frost was awesome!!! I hope she retains all of her specials from DA and her first costume is left intact. Two dead Sub-zeros mean we need a replacement and i can't think of anyone better than Frost. I think she was the most underrated character in the PS2 era MK's and deserves a nother shot. She was the only character worth keeping from the 3-D kombats.

Make the Sub-zero title a successive position, make Frost the "new" Sub-zero! Like I said the other two are dead and are being made less and less relevant. Do away with them entirely and save their come back for MKXI. Frost for Sub-zero in MKX!!!

Last edited:
Okay... First off, I am a HUGE fan of her. I'm one of those fans who defends the character when people call her an obvious clone of Sub-Zero. Um, she's not. Her moves differ from Sub-Zero's moves, despite that there's similarities. I mean it DOES say her in biography that she has similar ice abilities to Sub-Zero. If anyone constantly claims that she's a clone of Sub-Zero then I have the right to say that Kenshi is a clone of Ermac.

My complaint however is that I hated her tragic endings. For the record, I'm going to ignore Armageddon's ending. Both of her endings have her just as one tragic character who's delirious for... unknown reasons. Why does she want the Dragon Medallion. For power? Well if so then how come she's completely unaware of how much power you must possess in order to even just hold the darn thing? I mean, something like that isn't just for show, you basically won that because you did something to obtain it. Sub-Zero obtain his medallion because he became this great Lin Kuei warrior and it shows with the kind of training he's completed and all that other stuff. With Frost, her intention was just to snatch it when Sub-Zero wasn't looking, but you cannot tell me that she had no clue that the medallion she was after was just a medallion for show and nothing more. That's just utterly ridiculous.

With her second ending, she's gotta gain revenge against Sub-Zero because she thought that he placed her in a tomb to die. Well, when you're frozen solid and there seems to be no reason to wake you and it appears that you might be dead... well... a tomb is a place you're most likely going to end up in. But she somehow wakes up and heads back to the Lin Kuei and starts seeing Sub-Zero everywhere and starts killing them. Sub-Zero finds out, freezes her (basically killing her because it says "one day she can be revived and cured from her dementia) and then puts her in a room and freezes that up too.

For a character that was actually supposed to debut in the second game, I'm afraid to know what her story would be had she debuted in the second game. (Her bio card explains this if no one believes this) But I don't like her story at all. And if she is to return, I would definitely appreciate a story change.

Here's what I would do if I had the magic ability of being a writer for the characters of this game:

Let's say hypothetically, she's apart of the Lin Kuei (the one that isn't created by Sub-Zero) and she's a survivor from the Automation Program. (Like, the entire place was undergoing this program and there were those who wanted to escape. Those who were trying to escape were going to be hunted down and automated right there on the spot.) Frost would be the one that gets away. She stumbles upon either Raiden or Sonya and Cage and they ask for her help because they are aware of where she's from and such. I would definitely appreciate it if she is a good guy and not some wild and crazy "evil" (And I say that ever so loosely) demented kid who's got her eyes set on the goods that she somehow doesn't know its true power and such. She really shouldn't have been a "bad" character to begin with, they could have just made it where she's a student who Sub-Zero took under his wing.

And her abilities could be touched up too. People are saying that Killer Frost in Injustice was a great example of how they can use ice in a different way. And there is a perfectly good way to make her and Sub-Zero different if these two are to appear in the same game in the future. As of right now I don't have anything on my mind because 1.) I'm tired, 2.) After 10PM I'm not really in a thinking mood, but I could always come back and add more details to her abilities.

Yeah.

If anyone constantly claims that she's a clone of Sub-Zero then I have the right to say that Kenshi is a clone of Ermac.

Kenshi WAS a clone of Ermac, UNTIL MK9.
He had the same / similar telekinetic moves as Ermac in previous games.
It wasn't as blatant of an Ermac rip-off as Jarek was to Kano in MK4, but the similarities were QUITE substantial.
MK9, on the other hand, proved that Kenshi could be his own character with his OWN unique move-set, and I hope they do the same for Frost if she's in MK10.

Some of these are just examples of how NRS could differ Frost from Sub-Zero:

I hope that Frost has NONE of Sub-Zero's moves.
NO ice-ball
NO ice-clone
NO ice-slide
NO ice-puddle
NO ground freeze

Have her throw ice daggers.
Maybe even a move where she forms stalagmites from the ground under your feet, as a pop-up move.

View attachment 2987

This is what I thought of for her moveset:

Rising Shard: She fires shards of ice diagonally upwards.
-Ice Mortar: She fires upward diagonally a giant icicle to her opponent, which it either damages them if hit directly or freezes them from the splash radius from being too close.
Snowy Dash: She slides on ice as she charges and attacks the opponent with a straight elbow.
-Avalanche Dash: After the initial hit, Frost follows up with two more hits before finishing it with a ice dagger uppercut.
Ice Geyser: She hits both of her palms on the ground and summons a huge ice spike from underneath. If hit by it, it will cause pop-up, having Frost an opportunity to execute her juggle combo. Can be used at either short, mid or long range.
-Crystal Eruption: Same thing, but instead of summon 1 ice spike at one of the ranges, she summons 3 giant ice crystals at all 3 ranges, popping the opponent up further in the air.

That's all I can think of.

There's so many things that can be done with ice, but she has to have goddamn copy-cat Sub-Zero moves?
Why?
How the hell is that original?
NRS has proven, over the years, all the various ways that fire can be used, so why the hell not be original and give her some original ice moves?

Last edited:
Shut up about copy cat moves. Almost every god damned fighter has clone characters. Why can't Frost have a few of Sub's? It isn't like Sub Zero was the first Cryomancer in fiction.

Frost needs to be a more acrobatic Sub Zero. Similar to Cyber Sub

Because she should have her OWN moves, hence being her OWN character.
I'm not saying for her NOT to have cyromancer powers, so stop acting like it.
I'm simply stating that she needs original moves, just like Kenshi got for MK9.
I know that Sub-Zero wasn't the first cyromancer in fiction, but is asking for some originality too much?
There were 7 possible different character special moves, involving cyromancer powers, in my last post.
Are you suggesting that NRS can't come up with some original moves?

While we're at it, why don't we have another Shaolin Monk with Liu Kang's Fireballs, Flying kick and bicycle kick, or maybe even another reptilian creature with Reptiles exact moves, or maybe we can have another Shirai Ryu character with Scorpion's exact moves, or maybe even another Lin Kuei robot with Sektor's exact moves?

Is asking for some originality too much?