Tanya

Jade

Tanya

360px-Tanya-MortalKombat.jpg

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 121 lbs
Resides: Outworld
Origin: Edenia

It is unknown when Tanya fell to the lure of the dark side of existence. Possible explanations may have been her youth under the harsh regime of Shao Kahn, when Outworld and Edenia were still merged, or her attraction to the forbidden areas of magic, which led her to make contact with Shinnok. Her upbringing on Outworld may also explain her total lack of affinity with her native realm Edenia.

At any rate, Tanya first appeared on the stage during the events of Mortal Kombat 4. As the daughter of Edenia's ambassador to new realms, she invited a group of refugees fleeing their own world into the peaceful realm of Edenia. However, the refugees were in actuality a disguised Shinnok, along with Quan Chi, and their Netherealm forces. Thanks to Tanya's treachery, Shinnok was free to wage war against the gods. During this time, she attempted to lure Liu Kang into a trap, but the attempt did not succeed, and Shinnok's power base was soon destroyed. With her master gone, and herself a wanted traitor in Edenia (having earned in particular the wrath of Jade), Tanya fled to Outworld.

Years later, Tanya resurfaced in the Deadly Alliance's ranks as an enforcer (although she preferred the term "ambassador" and was not a playable character in the game). She imposed Shang Tsung and Quan Chi's will upon the denizens of Outworld. But when the Deadly Alliance crumbled, Tanya found herself alone once more, and desired to return to Edenia. She was found, however, by Baraka, who gave her the choice of serving the newly resurrected Onaga or dying. She joined the ranks of the Dragon King, who was searching for ancient incantations that would enable him to fuse the Kamidogu into one, and thus acquire incredible power. Believing that such information still existed in Edenia, Tanya brought Onaga to her native realm.

Signature Moves
Human Cannon Drill (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
Surging Blast (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
Air Fire Blast (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
Split Flip Kick (MK4, MKG, MKD, MKA)
Find Me (MKD, MKA)

Fatalities
Kiss of Deceit (MK4, MKG)
Neck Snap (MK4, MKG)
Torture Rack (MKD)
Kneebone Knife (MKD)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Eye Stab (MKD)​

The way she grabs her victims at the thigh bone makes me cringe and think of something even nastier. ;-)

My second favorite female character (Sonya's my first and foremost). I hope she becomes DLC for MK2011. I never understood the hate that she gets...she's like the Cammy of Mortal Kombat (albeit the black, evil Cammy). She's been one my mains since Mortal Kombat 4, loved her in Deception and Armageddon.

Yup I knew someone would say he isn't black, facepalm
To me it seems like ppl don't want a black girl -_-.
I guess jax isn't black either

To me, Tanya reminds me of one of those female hoodlums or ghetto prostitutes down the streets of Oakland, California or Brooklyn, New York. She reminds me of ladies like Lil' Kim, Nikki Minaj, and Trina.

LOL @ Tanya not being black. I mean look at her. LOL She's not from Earth so she's not African/African American/Carrib/etc. but of course Edenian. A black Edenian, not hard to wrap your mind around. She doesn't look blue/orange/purple/yellow/red/white or green to me. Haha.
shehulktanya.jpg
]
Technically all black people are brown but why get so technical over it. Haha. Technically Noob Saibot is the only real black MK character. ;^_^
noob-ano.jpg

She's my favorite MK female that's not from the 2D games. I think it's safe to bet on her being DLC.

Last edited:
To me, Tanya reminds me of one of those female hoodlums or ghetto prostitutes down the streets of Oakland, California or Brooklyn, New York. She reminds me of ladies like Lil' Kim, Nikki Minaj, and Trina.

Yea for some reason Mileena fits the prostitute part perfectly >:)

I found her look and evilness oddly sexy in Deception. :p She was the only new character in MK 4 I actually liked.