Should Mortal Kombat Include 1 Button Fatalities ?

Include 1 button fatalities ?

• Yes

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 83.9%

• Total voters
This game's supposed to be hard. That's why I'm glad there's no fatality stance like in MK:DA and MKD. That was ridiculous. The fatality trainer is enough of a crutch, why give the players more of one? Plus, there's nothing more satisfying than doing a fatality correctly.

This game's supposed to be hard. That's why I'm glad there's no fatality stance like in MK:DA and MKD. That was ridiculous. The fatality trainer is enough of a crutch, why give the players more of one? Plus, there's nothing more satisfying than doing a fatality correctly.

Thank you. You have a fatality trainer in the game, as well as the fatality motions in the pause menu, and you still want an option for a one-button fatality? That's not making it accessible to casual players, that's just being lazy. It's not that hard to perform a fatality, the only hard part is knowing whether you're in the right part of the screen or not to pull it off. And since the fatality trainer shows where you need to be in order to do it, the hard part's gone.

*EDIT* How is a fatality a reward for beating someone? It's just a neat show-offy move that you can use to rub in someones face. Or just a neat little "show". If it is such a reward, isn't beating some a "reward"?

Because it is. It's a pleasure to do a fatality, it gives the match some sense of finality and delivers a final "F You" to your opponent.

Ironically after your defense of 1 button fatalities and your statement that people should be able to do so if they want to, you contradict yourself by making an equally obnoxious and asinine comment about people's idea of what a fatality means to them.

con·tra·dic·to·ry 
adjective, noun, plural -ries.
–adjective
1. asserting the contrary or opposite; contradicting; inconsistent; logically opposite: contradictory statements.

Sorry, had to.

no-no-no.jpg

cnn.say_.no_m_.jpg

I think they should have one button fatalities. This isn't MK 1,2 or 3 anymore where all the characters played the same with the difference of appearance and special moves. I already have enough on my mind just memorizing the characters chain combos, juggle and special moves.

One button fatalities would be nice to have, I mean the fatalities are just for show and entertainment purposes only, the match is already over by then so what's the point of inputting more commands to execute someone?

I say no, but I'm having a terrible time trying to do Jax's second fatality, he keeps ground pounding.

I say no, but I'm having a terrible time trying to do Jax's second fatality, he keeps ground pounding.

There are a few that give me trouble. I climb the ladder with whatever character I want to practice with and just focus on the technique for that one fatality, like holding block and getting the distance right.

I vote NO because I like to watch other people mess up when they're trying to do a Fatality but instead mess up a button press or whatnot and he/she does that "one punch" to end the match. That to me is just funny to watch when it happens. :)

The fatalities in MK9 are crazy easy by comparison to older games, you can really take your time and input the buttons over the course of about 3-4 seconds. Takes away from their coolness if every scrub can do them and means the people that are good are less inclined to waste time with them since we've all seen them a million times.

Still, hope the EVO finalist this year ends with some gore. Or a babality.

Sure why not. People keep looking over the fact that one button fatalities could just be optional. If you are so worried about how others do something, you need to get over yourself.

Don't use the whole "want one button combs too?"because that is irrelevant for this topic.