Should Mortal Kombat Include 1 Button Fatalities ?

Include 1 button fatalities ?

• Yes

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 83.9%

• Total voters
No, this takes away from the game in a big way. I like the fact that you have to press a set of controls to do the fatality. Almost as if you have to work to see your opponend be killed violently.

There shouldn't be. Like people said already, there's already a fatality trainer in the game to help people perform them. Having a one-button fatality option in addition to the fatality trainer would just be insulting the players. It'd be like NRS saying "Oh hey, do you still have trouble even after we laid out for you the steps for doing a fatality as simple as possible? Well then you'll love the one-button fatality! Now you can be lazy as shit and make our fatality trainer absolutely worthless!"

No offense, but what the hell is wrong with some of you? Its because of fans like you, our beloved, rub it in your face that I beat you, finishing move is becoming more and more accessible. The fatality is meant to be hard to pull off, it was meant to be a REWARD for winning the epic battle. Now all you have to do is pause the game when FINISH HIM appears and pull off a fatality. Learn it beforehand by using the internet or strategy guide and memorize the commands, and hope your positioning is correct. Oh wait, now we even have a TRAINER to make sure we have the correct position. The fatality idea has been butchered IMO from what it was supposed to be, and some of you are making it worse and worse.

Wow, that is some intense fanboy rage. :laugh:

Kinda surprised you're this mad about the fatality trainer when there are other things in the game that would actually be reasonable to be mad about, like the reward you get for the Challenge Tower for example...

Last edited:
Hell no! They show the fataility on the menu now>:l.

Kinda surprised you're this mad about the fatality trainer when there are other things in the game that would actually be reasonable to be mad about, like the reward you get for the Challenge Tower for example...

Why would you kall someone a fanboy on a MK fansite?

I also don't like the Fatailty trainer nor the fact that they show the Fatailty on the menu now. Fatailties should be where you learn how to do them on your own and find them. Not have a Fatailty trainer nor show them on the menu. Thats not the way Fatailties should work. They should be where it is hard as **** to find them out. I want them to be the klassic way. The way Mortal Kombat was known for(secrets). Maybe you don't see Mortal Kombat as we see it.

Last edited:
Why would you kall someone a fanboy on a MK fansite?

Because someone can still be a fanboy even if it's on a fansite. And I wasn't calling him a fanboy per se, but rather that he had the rage of a fanboy in that comment. And since I'll be in the minority with this, I'll just prepare to be berated for my comment. Or possibly get some minus rep. Either one.

Last edited:
One button fatals are for wimps and sissies. The fatality is a reward for a match well fought, but you shouldn't be able to just 1-button press it away. If you don't know it or screw it up, you lose.

For the record, a 'yes' vote means you're an

ass_hat1.jpg

I dont care about rewards, beating the game is a reward in my opinion, so I could care less about what I receive. Id rather be mad about something that played a part in what made MK what it is being ruined, which IMO is what I think is happening, and I bet a lot of original MK players would agree with me.

I dont care about rewards, beating the game is a reward in my opinion, so I could care less about what I receive. Id rather be mad about something that played a part in what made MK what it is being ruined, which IMO is what I think is happening, and I bet a lot of original MK players would agree with me.

Well, in that case I can at least understand where you're coming from. I still don't think it ruins them though because it seems to me like they took the idea of people searching on the net for fatality videos to see how to do them and just stuck it in the game. The only way I could see that the fatalities would be ruined is if they censored them in the final version without telling us in order to appeal to the politicians and parents.

I voted yes even if the majority says, because if you want it (to use it), you should have it (use it). It really isn't a big deal. If you don't want it, don't use it. Why should someone elses good time ruin yours? But that's just my two cents.

P.S. I like preforming fatalities myself, but some people, like my Sister, just suck at the moves, so if she was to beat me (letting her haha) why would it piss anyone off that she press one button to do it? Also, some people just want to press one button to do it just so they don't have to look up what it is, so w/e, it's their choice.

*EDIT* How is a fatality a reward for beating someone? It's just a neat show-offy move that you can use to rub in someones face. Or just a neat little "show". If it is such a reward, isn't beating some a "reward"?

i don't think so with everything else in the game how easy do u really wanna beat it I'm sorry the fatality trainer is a plus but no we don't need a 1 button finishers !!!

Eh, why not have the option? Most people playing it just want to have fun and nostalgia; they aren't going to stress over every minute detail like they were 12 years old again with tons of spare time.

This isn't like it's affecting gameplay, it's a cutscene showing off a cool gory moment. If the leet tournament wannabees want to do the regular fatality motions they are free to do so.

What a fukn laugh, would you idiots like a 1-button combo aswell?

You've got 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand, FUKN USE THEM.

Dude, calm down! It really doesn't affect you in ANY way. I really don't see what the big deal is. Who cares if someone does the same 'move' as you easier? Millions of other do it the same way, does one person doing it easier really make you look any worse?

one button fatalities lmfao wow, the fatalities are easy enough as it is but theres a slight chance that u can mess it up while inputin it and ur opponent could live to fight another day. this thread shouldnt exist "FINISH IT"

No way, in this MK it's so easy to perform a fatality that there's really no reason for cheats like that. I mean you get enormous amount of time, the button inputs are simple and you even have a freakin' training mode to practice them! I don't see how anybody could be that bad/lazy to not be able to perform them.

Dude, calm down! It really doesn't affect you in ANY way. I really don't see what the big deal is. Who cares if someone does the same 'move' as you easier? Millions of other do it the same way, does one person doing it easier really make you look any worse?

50 people care, compared to the 8 that "don't care".

Millions of who does what the same way?

1-Button finishing moves have absolutely nothing to do with making anyone look worse.