Liu Kang

I thought that punch would be good for like waves at the heart to stop beating. I don't know.

How would you bring back Liu to the next game?

Liu Kang? King of Edenia? I'm sorry but no lol

Liu Kang would never just leave his home realm like that

Besides, Ermac would be more of a fitting king, hell, he is the former king of Edenia

Liu Kang? King of Edenia? I'm sorry but no lol

Liu Kang would never just leave his home realm like that

Besides, Ermac would be more of a fitting king, hell, he is the former king of Edenia

But I'm tired of Liu being champion of MK all the time. Why not pass the torch?

Give Liu a new duty.

But I'm tired of Liu being champion of MK all the time. Why not pass the torch?

Give Liu a new duty.

Liu Kang being a King? Man, hell no. Liu Kang needs to leave his ass on earth. He doesn't have to be a Mortal Kombat champion. But he sure as hell can't be the king.

Why would he need to pass the torch? Lol he's still young and going strong, he doesn't need to think about retiring anytime soon.

I used to hate Liu Kang's portrayal in the story of MK9, but when I understood him more, it actually made me love him. His reaction to Kitana's death along with him questioning Raiden's actions were some of my favorite moments, because it helped make him more human and relatable. Liu Kang's always sort have been the typical goody-goody main hero, and the conflict he had with Raiden gave his character some much needed dimension.

Liu Kang is most likely dead now but I think he could have a great role in future MK games rebelling against Raiden by going off to form his own Forces of Light to prove his superiority to the thunder god as Earthrealm's protector. That way he would stay good, but still be interesting enough as he would have like a Malcolm X/Martin Luther King Jr-type relationship with Raiden.

Also, I'd like to add that I really liked how NRS handled Liu Kang's and Kitana's relationship, they had clear feelings for each other but NRS kept things subtle and didn't force the whole thing on us.

But yeah, if there's one character that I felt was truly done right in MK9's story, it was Liu Kang.

Why would he need to pass the torch? Lol he's still young and going strong, he doesn't need to think about retiring anytime soon.

I used to hate Liu Kang's portrayal in the story of MK9, but when I understood him more, it actually made me love him. His reaction to Kitana's death along with him questioning Raiden's actions were some of my favorite moments, because it helped make him more human and relatable. Liu Kang's always sort have been the typical goody-goody main hero, and the conflict he had with Raiden gave his character some much needed dimension.

Liu Kang is most likely dead now but I think he could have a great role in future MK games rebelling against Raiden by going off to form his own Forces of Light to prove his superiority to the thunder god as Earthrealm's protector. That way he would stay good, but still be interesting enough as he would have like a Malcolm X/Martin Luther King Jr-type relationship with Raiden.

Also, I'd like to add that I really liked how NRS handled Liu Kang's and Kitana's relationship, they had clear feelings for each other but NRS kept things subtle and didn't force the whole thing on us.

But yeah, if there's one character that I felt was truly done right in MK9's story, it was Liu Kang.

You may be right.

Maybe Liu can come back scarred. His body was stolen by Shinnok and brought him back.

Shinnok would promise to bring back his fallen friends, IF he swore allegiance to him and help him get back at Raiden. Shinnok would implant Liu false memories of Raiden and he says that he'll help him protect Earthrealm from Raiden, but doesn't know Shinnok has an intent on destroying it.

You may be right.

Maybe Liu can come back scarred. His body was stolen by Shinnok and brought him back.

Shinnok would promise to bring back his fallen friends, IF he swore allegiance to him and help him get back at Raiden. Shinnok would implant Liu false memories of Raiden and he says that he'll help him protect Earthrealm from Raiden, but doesn't know Shinnok has an intent on destroying it.
Sounds cool enough to me. Even Liu will be so enraged by what happened and want revenge against Raiden that even he will fall for it! Nobody is perfect...not even Raiden!

I thought that punch would be good for like waves at the heart to stop beating. I don't know.

How would you bring back Liu to the next game?

Just an idea but what about this.

The battle with Raiden left Liu Kang badly burned but still breathing. Around this time Shinnok fought Raiden in Mortal Kombat with Shinnok being the vwinner. Shinnok then started to merge both Earthrealm and Outworld with the Neatherrealm. Liu Kang now recovered leads a rebellion of some of Earthrealm and Outworlds finest warriors to prevent Shinniok and his plans.

It just kinda came to me.....Idk whatever NRS decided to lets hope it will be for the better.

Still the Man, Raiden seemingly second best (remember the ORIGINAL Deadly Alliance ending)? But I would not mind it if there be a new MK Champion of Earthrealm in the future.

LIU KANG-A Shaolin descendant who defeated the sorcerer Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat tournament & the defender of Earthrealm.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Ok so I have a theory..... What if in MKX Liu Kang doesnt die after the fight with Raiden leaves the group after getting better, Realize that there is still chaos in Earthrealm due to both the Red and Black dragons, Decided to kill Daegon, becomes the new leader of the Red Dragon trains this guy
Spoiler:
mkx-comic-reddragon.jpg
to be his personal bodyguard and uses them as a vigilante force combat the black dragon!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

Ok so I have a theory..... What if in MKX Liu Kang doesnt die after the fight with Raiden leaves the group after getting better, Realize that there is still chaos in Earthrealm due to both the Red and Black dragons, Decided to kill Daegon, becomes the new leader of the Red Dragon trains this guy
Spoiler:
mkx-comic-reddragon.jpg
to be his personal bodyguard and uses them as a vigilante force combat the black dragon!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

That'd be some pretty crazy stuff there. I'd have to see his fighting style or read his story first!

Ed Boon hasn't revealed any dead MK9 characters, and Liu Kang is rumored to be playable, so I think it's safe to assume that he didn't die in MK9.

I thought it was rather clear that Raiden killed him. I didn't think anyone could misunderstand that.
But he's still immortal until the next tournament. He is entitled by the Elder Gods to defend his title in tbe tournament after all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

But he's still immortal until the next tournament. He is entitled by the Elder Gods to defend his title in tbe tournament after all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Is part of the MK9 new canon or the old?

That doesn't add up if Raiden was able to kill him.