Liu Kang

Do people not know why Liu Kang does his turkey noise? Its not for the jokes. Its something serious in matrial arts. I thought was for jokes to till I researched about it when I was kurious about it. I am pretty sure Liu Kang does it the same reason Bruce Lee does.

Here you go:

"Almost every martial art has its characteristic sound, expelled when the fighter attacks or defends. In Japan, Karate and Kendo use the "kiai" and the most ancient kung fu styles along with some korean styles use a kind of "heyp". Producing this sounds while attacking force the fighter's body to contract muscles and expel air from the lungs. By doing so, you're not only increasing the strength of the strikes and defense movements, but also preparing your belly and rib muscles to absorb a possible counter attack.

Great masters change the sounds produced during the fight and Bruce Lee had reached those sounds as he built his personal fighting style. Of course, the sounds we hear in the movies have an artistic effect, but in real life fights, Bruce would probably sound something like that.

Jet Kune Do works with fast and piercing attacks, the penetrating "wa" made by Bruce Lee was a perfect match to those moves, helping the mind to go into the correct state to the fight and confusing the opponent."

Its not for jokes guys.

I accidentally just read the spoiler :cry:
I think I'm going to be sick :barf:

It makes me want to kry:(.

I'm so tempted to read that spoiler.... But I won't, cause I R Patient! ;)

I didn't know that Aldo, thanks for the info. That does explain why almost EVERY martial artist does that.

I'm so tempted to read that spoiler.... But I won't, cause I R Patient! ;)

I didn't know that Aldo, thanks for the info. That does explain why almost EVERY martial artist does that.

I don't wanna talk about it"/.

Thanks. I just hate it when people think its for jokes. It also explains why Liu Kang has his own sound kause of his fighting style.

I've always liked Liu Kang's battle cries. I tend to make the same noise when play-fighting with my buds. They get the message. Lol

I think Liu Kang is a good character but I was happy when they killed him off in Deadly Alliance. Annoying fiction characters should be killed off (Jar Jar Banks)

I like Liu Kang in MK9; they gave him a very likeable personality. Other than the Sindel Cathedral scene, his scene with Raiden near the end was one of the most impactful moments of the story mode for me. Liu's ending in the Ladder mode was pretty cool though...

Yeah I kinda liked it too. I would rather much keep him as the champ.

@Everyone disses Liu Kang, if you don't like Liu Kang, don't say anything negative about him. It should stay a friendly thread.

liu kang really needed 2 kiss kitana...
29995728_50223a2c06.jpg

I thought it was really neat when they resurected him in Deception, also his alternate outfit as spirit Liu Kang was really cool.

y,x,a,y,x,a,y,x,a
back a,x,y,back a,x,y,back a,x,y
X-RAY!!!
back back foward B.
and then your dead
ahh i hate liu kang :/

Do people not know why Liu Kang does his turkey noise? Its not for the jokes. Its something serious in matrial arts. I thought was for jokes to till I researched about it when I was kurious about it. I am pretty sure Liu Kang does it the same reason Bruce Lee does.

Here you go:

"Almost every martial art has its characteristic sound, expelled when the fighter attacks or defends. In Japan, Karate and Kendo use the "kiai" and the most ancient kung fu styles along with some korean styles use a kind of "heyp". Producing this sounds while attacking force the fighter's body to contract muscles and expel air from the lungs. By doing so, you're not only increasing the strength of the strikes and defense movements, but also preparing your belly and rib muscles to absorb a possible counter attack.

Great masters change the sounds produced during the fight and Bruce Lee had reached those sounds as he built his personal fighting style. Of course, the sounds we hear in the movies have an artistic effect, but in real life fights, Bruce would probably sound something like that.

Jet Kune Do works with fast and piercing attacks, the penetrating "wa" made by Bruce Lee was a perfect match to those moves, helping the mind to go into the correct state to the fight and confusing the opponent."

Its not for jokes guys.

It makes me want to kry:(.

You are right Aldo, in taekwondo for example if you don't "Kihap" during a belt exam, you fail the exam... It's purpose is to release more power during a punch or a kick.

Ah yes, Liu Kang. The hero. Everyone's favorite bundle of ass-whooping.

When I first played Mortal Kombat games, I thought his high-pitched cries were his actual voice (so kind of like Crash Bandicoot). This is what made me attracted to this character. Not only that, all the jumping he does in the Jun Fan stance makes him look so much fun to play as.

He's smooth with his moves, deals with opponents effectivley. The bicycle kick is my overall favorite move because of his mumbling and the fast-pace kicking (despite the logic of him remaining perfectly level without falling the whole way through is beyond me). The fire balls and chi powers are a nice touch.

But my favorite thing about Liu Kang is the changes his body goes through. No, I'm not talking about the dragon animality (although I have to admit, it's pretty cool). I'm talking about the post-Deadly Alliance Liu Kang; how he exists as a spirit and a corpse, then together (thanks to a certian thunder god who's obsessed with protecting Earthrealm). The zombie attire made him look so much cooler and menacing with the green skin and chains and creepy eyes.

Then there's Ghost Kang (who I only ever saw in training with Shujinko in konquest, along with some Youtube videos), which I think was even cooler. But my favorite thing was his ending where his corpse and spirit could neither best the other, until a "jolt of energy" merged them back together, allowing the champion of Mortal Kombat to live again.

Liu Kang, you make the blood-ravaged, brutal fought battles look like sport. Thank you MK team for making the Jesus of MK.

I only started using Liu Kang the last couple of days and I think I'm going to use him a lot more from now on :)