Ashrah

This is off topic, but does anyone else feel Kenshi is a rip off of Ermac in terms of specials? Almost half of his specials are taken from Ermac. Other than that, he is a pretty cool character.

W-why would you come to the Kombatant section, and talk about Kenshi in the Ashrah thread?

Makes zero sense.

Character design and and abilities good, story lame. I think it'd be cooler if she was a spirit that was working her way up, or evolving into a god. I didn't think that the sword needed to be included especially since her sword mode didn't have really special powers or anything.

Ashrah was one of my favorites because she looks so passive and heavenly, and she incorporates her heavenly light powers into her fighting ability to serve a blinding justice. I love the hat with the curtain on it, and the clothes are outstandingly beautiful. What I don't understand is how someone like Ashrah obtained those clothes in the Netherrrealm.

The one thing I don't like is her blade. At first I thought it was just a regular magical sword, but once I found out that it compelled Ashrah to slay vampires, I got a little disagreeing. This is what caused the little disturbance between Nitara and Ashrah. Nitara is just a vampire from her realm; so what if she has to drain others of blood for her own survival? It's her nature of her very own realm, Vaternes or whatever it was called. And all Ashrah wants to do is to redeem herself from her time serving Quan Chi. So the real bad guy here is the Kriss sword.

But I digress. Ashrah is definately a unique character because she is the first white clothed warrior, and the second female to have non-revealing cloathing (the first being Sonya).

Ashrah?, yea, could be insteresting as DLC
I mean, i preffer Ashrah, over Tanya, Nitara, Limei, Kira, Frost and Sareena.
Why?
Tanya: Fire powers, i saw that in a lot of other characters, Nitara is cool concept, but a vampire in mk, feels like van helsing or something, besides, Skarlett have blood tricks now, Limei?, another generic gal, Kira is a kano ripoff, besides that, the red haired is now skarlett. Frost?, we have already subzero AND the uncalled for "cyber" sub zero, and sareena....well, more knifes.
Ashrah breaks the scheme of the "Wore"fighter.
Light tricks are cool, the design and story needs more job, the "voodu doll" can be easyly a X-ray move.
Ashrah needs more polish, but is a cool "idea", i say in past forums, she needs maybe a more religius look, like Maria or something like that.
The idea of Ascending demon is cool anyway.

Ashrah was one of my favorites because she looks so passive and heavenly, and she incorporates her heavenly light powers into her fighting ability to serve a blinding justice. I love the hat with the curtain on it, and the clothes are outstandingly beautiful. What I don't understand is how someone like Ashrah obtained those clothes in the Netherrrealm.

The one thing I don't like is her blade. At first I thought it was just a regular magical sword, but once I found out that it compelled Ashrah to slay vampires, I got a little disagreeing. This is what caused the little disturbance between Nitara and Ashrah. Nitara is just a vampire from her realm; so what if she has to drain others of blood for her own survival? It's her nature of her very own realm, Vaternes or whatever it was called. And all Ashrah wants to do is to redeem herself from her time serving Quan Chi. So the real bad guy here is the Kriss sword.

But I digress. Ashrah is definately a unique character because she is the first white clothed warrior, and the second female to have non-revealing cloathing (the first being Sonya).

No she slayed demons, and the stronger the demon, the quicker her ascension was. That's why she sought out Ermac and Noob\

I liked Ashrah. Never found her bland, she had a unique voice, her clothes looked good, and her specials were cool. She was harder to play. Loved her. I just want her to look more demon like

Likes about Ashrah:
1. Her special moves
2. She isn't dressed like a whore

Dislikes about Ashrah:
1. She comes across as a female Raiden
2. Not very interesting or cool looking
3. Pointless storyline/gimmick/character
4. She is part-demon in storyline. She isn't part-demon in appearance (like Mileena is)

Just to geek out for a moment, Mileena isn't actually part-demon herself. She is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster, for sure, which is why she has that "demon" look, specifically due to Tarkatan blood. The good part of her appearance comes from her "sister" Kitana's blood.

I do like the rest of your points here, and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Ashrah back in the line-up, but very much agree that a redesign is in order. :)

Last edited:
Ashrah was one of my favorites because she looks so passive and heavenly, and she incorporates her heavenly light powers into her fighting ability to serve a blinding justice. I love the hat with the curtain on it...

LOL. a curtain?

Do you mean a veil?

Dude, that was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

A hat with a curtain. hee.

Ashrah....LOVE HER !!!

So much potential in the character that some of you guys are missing.

Brotherhood of shadow, connection to Shinnok and Quan Chi, ascension. All these things give her great potential storywise.

What if Ashrah is Shao Khans human mother that was corrupted by Shinnok, and when he was banished to the netherrealm, so was she ?

Maybe I'm partial to anything netherrealm due to playing and loving MKM:Sub-Zero. That game went more in depth with MK than any other MK to date ! I mean who's gonna dispute that Sub-Zero's journey there amd subsequent corruption into Noob Saibot took him father away from Earthrealm as a spirit can possibly get ?

Ass-rash...

Hee.

We used to call her "AssRag" when we were drunk.

LOL.

I loved to fight as her. Her Chou Jaio / Ba Gua (Zhang) / Kriss / Chain was KILLER. I destroyed that ***** Onaga so easily with her, it was laughable.

She was my most deadly character in Deception, but yeah, her costume? BORING. I, too, liked that she wasn't dressed like a two-bit whore (her 2nd costume was a little more exciting) but that first costume looked like she should be in the fields, picking rice.

Crikey...

Just to geek out for a moment, Mileena isn't actually part-demon herself. She is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster, for sure, which is why she has that "demon" look, specifically due to Tarkatan blood. The good part of her appearance comes from her "sister" Kitana's blood
Mileena actually is 25% demon. She is half-Tarkatan, and Tarkatans are half-Netherrealm and half-Outworlder (they are actually a race of demons that emigrated to Outworld).

I loved Ashrah. Her story is very unique, she is surprisingly one of the only characters who utilizes light and is the only "good" Netherrealm character. If they do bring her back, hopefully she'll have her alternate costume from Deception look and mostly a new moveset. Oh and her sword was incredibly lame, so hopefully they put more thought into a sword that feeds off demons

I think Ashrah can be suited to be a light warrior.

She'll be beside Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Tanya & Skarlet.

What kind of moves can she be given?

How can you make Ashrah not a female Raiden? Plus her moves are okay... but get rid of the voodoo and that hard sword of hers.

I actually love the voodoo! The sword is ok too. However, her primary outfit is hideous! I want her to look pore like a priestess similar to Kikyo in Inuyasha or Chizuru Kagura in King of Fighters.

LOL @ her man hands

I never really paid much attention to Ashrah or cared for her much. She is THE textbook definition of a bland character in MK

Nothing about her really stands out at all to me besides her random rivalry with Ermac and her quest for ascension, which is the only aspect of her I do like

I never get tired of redemption stories, and I think hers is sort of unique because of the fact she sort of blindly kills what she considers to be malevolent creatures because of her sword and desire for redemption

So, in a way, her Kriss sword corrupts and cleanses her soul at the same time, and I kind of like that

I agree with others here though that she should still look partly demonic because already looking so pleasant and divine when she's supposed to be just on her way to completely purifying herself doesn't make sense at all

It also, in a way, takes away from the concept of her being a demon wanting to better herself because you don't get to see the initial growth of her character, which IMO, is vital to establishing a connection with the character

I never really thought that she looked like a female Raiden like people are saying, but she does look hella bland

Definitely a character that could use a major overhaul