Batman: Arkham City

never been a fan of Batman really but after being pressured a lot by a friend to try it out, I did and loved it. great game. the trailers and images from the follow up of the series got me even more excited. the only thing that coems to mind that I'll miss is Scarecrow. as far as I know he's not included this time around. can't wait :D

I have played a lot of Batman games, and this is argueably my most anticipated game for this year, not only because it looks awesome but because I'm a huge Bat-geek(my avatar is pretty good evidence). The cast being from the animated series(mostly) really brings a lot of nostalgia to this game, and it shows how influencial TAS was on Batman.

It'll be interesting to see how Gotham comes alive, and where Talia ties into this. If Talia's here, we may even see Ra's or even Damian. But who knows, Talia may just be the only one. A little dissapointed that she's blonde, but it's not that big a deal.

I'm looking forward to Mr. Freeze's level as well because he is pretty similar to Batman in that he fights out of passion for his wife, similar to how Bruce fights to avenge his parents.

Still wish the CE came with a batbelt as that would've been much cooler than the statue.

Robin looks allright:

batman_arkhamcity_robins1.jpg

The one in the middle is the design Rocksteady is using by default. The other two, Red Robin(the one on the left) and TAS(the one on the right) are optional skins for Robin; how they are doing it I have no idea, but I assume if you preorder at Best Buy you will get all of them, or perhaps other retailers will carry Robin but with the other costumes.

I have no confirmation on how the other skins will work though.

I'm no fan of Robin, either. He's cool in the Teen Titans, or as Red Robin(when Tim Drake fights solo as an adult) or as Nightwing, or even when Dick became Batman for a while, but fighting alongside Batman I never liked him. He always kills the mood, and just seems goofy and awkward next to Batman in most cases. I never really liked his Red and Green costume either as he looks like an advertisement for Christmas.

Anyway, I get the idea to try and make Batman more relateable to a younger age group by adding Robin, but he always kills the mood when with Batman.

Well he looks more like a man in the pictures (not the fairy fairy right one though :?)

So hopefully he will play the role of partner, and not so much sidekick.

No, he's only available in the challenge maps as DLC, so he might have a small cameo, but it's highly unlikely he'll be anything major in the plotline.

The Batman:TAS Robin was very well done as he was portrayed pretty well. However, he still killed the mood in most cases, and although having awkward moments he was fairly mature for the most part, and actually helped Batman figure out crimes. In TAS, he would drop in and out of seasons as a partner, so TAS Robin was better than the other ones. In contrast, Tim Drake, which was the 13 year old one in TNBA, was more of a tag along sidekick than a partner if I remember correctly.

Rocksteady knows Robin is a pretty controversial character for Batman fans, so that is why they avoid him in the games. Loved by some, Hated by more, he is very risky, but as DLC in challenge maps, the Robin lovers get to play as him and the Robin haters don't have to play alongside him in the campaign. Win-win if you ask me.

I always hated Robin, but I think its a shame to not let that hooded design see more of the major plotline.

But you are right, its a win win.

batman is the best and only super hero i like, this game is gonna be amazing but the only thing im upset thats not in the game is the batmobile like wtf rocksteady im preety sure alot of fans asked for it to be in this one(lets hope they are keeping it a secrete}. if the batmobile and clayface are in this game u better believe this game will be game of the year.

The Batmobile would be cool, as long as it had an option to play Joker's Jingle bells(Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, the batmobile lost a wheel and the Joker got away!!!).

Although it would be cool, there would be some issues with it. For starters, it would distract from roaming on rooftops, which the game has a large focus on watching from up high. Also, I think there are a lot of obstacles on the roads and criminals, ans since Batman doesn't kill people, it would be hard to drive around. It would also take away from the players view of all the details in the game, like how people abused the Detective mode in AA and it lowered the visual quality.

I think it would be cool to have the Batmobile, but again, I could see issues with it as the game is currently constructed.

Here's the clip from Christmas with the Joker that has the Joker's Jingle Bells:

Mark Hamill is the best Joker in my opinion, Heath is close, but his was much too serious. Hamill's was dark, but his also had that really twisted humor side. Check out the rest of Christmas with the Joker to see Hamill's dark humor. Not that Ledger's Joker was bad, it was great, but his was much more realistic and sociopathic killer like, while Hamill was more well cartoony, I guess. It's hard to explain, but they're different ways to interpret the character.

Last edited:
Mark Hamill is the best, I agree, but there were some moments of dark humor with Heath's Joker in TDK.

Deadshot just got confirmed, but I dunno who that is. :?

Deadshot is an assassin who claims that he never misses. He usually has two wrist mounted guns and a metal face plate with a targeting system over his right eye. Most likely he'll be in Arkham City to kill someone.

I honestly don't know who though. Maybe Catwoman? Batman? I'm not sure, but he will likely try to kill someone.

Deadshot is an assassin who claims that he never misses. He usually has two wrist mounted guns and a metal face plate with a targeting system over his right eye. Most likely he'll be in Arkham City to kill someone.

I honestly don't know who though. Maybe Catwoman? Batman? I'm not sure, but he will likely try to kill someone.

DEADSHOT is a assassain in batman

DEADSHOT is a assassain in batman

I said Deadshot is an assassin. Here's the reveal video of Deadshot, which discusses his role in Arkham City:

As the video states, Batman will be trying to figure out exactly who is on Deadshot's hitlist, so he is in fact trying to murder many people. It appears that Deadshot is more of a side-quest mission, but it isn't said whether he will be in a main quest or a side quest. His design looks pretty good, I might add.

Mr. Freeze looks pretty awesome as well, and it sounds like they used the same voice actor from Batman:TAS, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

i've been thinking this arkham asylum. do you think it was wise to use the oracle version of barbara gordon or do you think they should have brought back batgirl.

I always felt that Oracle was a cool character, and that in AA she was a more modern replacement for Alfred. She had a cool role in AA, and it added a little bit more drama to the parts when Commissioner Gordon was in danger as she got emotional. So, yes, I felt it was a good move.

However, it was always more Alfred's job to aid Batman, not Oracle's as she led her own team of heroes(or anti-heroes; kind of fuzzy memory) who were heroine's. So it is better to see Alfred inside the comms in this game.

In the recent Reboot of DC comics, Barbara has been given her mobility back through rehab of sorts and has resumed her work as Batgirl. So, it is possible that she may have a cameo in AC as Batgirl, but given it is so late in development, she may still be Oracle, and that's if she is in the game at all.

Barbara was more interesting as Oracle than Batgirl in my opinion as she got paralyzed and yet continued to fight crime, albeit as an organizer after that, but it proves how strong she was. It'll be interesting to see how her recent rehab impacts how she is portrayed in media in the future.

Last edited: