Jade

Lol @ Jade being light skinned in that pic

Why is that 'lol'?

In the Sega versions of MK, she was originally light skinned, and then she went to darker skin. A lot of her renders still have her with lighter skin and she wasn't even that dark in MK 2011.

I just don't get why people still have stuff to say about her skin being light when it was originally in some of the ports, anyway <.<

By "lol", I just meant she looks hella weird that way to me

I'm not trying to debate how light or dark she originally was, I just personally think being darker skinned suits her a lot more. Like, I still can't actually imagine a light skinned version of Jade running around with her staff even though I've seen her light skinned before

Jade is my favourite female character. Kitana is a distant second.

I guess part of the reason is all the Kitana/Mileena fame. Jade isn't an unpopular character but she isn't as upfront in the games as Mileena and Kitana (what I mean is that she isn't made out to be as big of a "star" character as Kitana and Mileena). I like that "secondary" character vibe she has. She is doing a fine job of holding her own.

Sonya Is my favorite Female character. Jade is a close second regardless of her skin color. Why does her skin color matter anyway? I wonder why this isn't as big an issue for Ermac. =/

I like in Mk9 how Jades iris' and pupils are completely metallic green. An her primary costume has the best design out of all the ladies except for sonyas alt. ;)

Last edited:
Jade is an awesome character and has always been a tough formidable fighter both in story and gameplay (she is just a pain to deal with in MK2 and UMK3 thanks to those sweet moves and being projectile invulnerable). Not only that, she is shown to be completely loyal (okay betraying Shao Kahn does not count to me) and I like loyal people.

However I must say that I miss her look from Deception. She just stood out from the other girls from her nice darker complexion (which she lost in MK9), her afro centric looking face (which looks so much better than her MK9 face IMO), and her primary costume (which was like no other costume wore by the MK "ninja" girls before with its two piece nature and a loincloth to add some fluidity to it and her added jewelry and those boots are amazing. Plus her alternate in that game is one of my favorite costumes ever bc while it brings back that classic look, it still look fresh thanks to her hairstyle and the way the boots were done.

Another thing I liked about that game is that it gave Jade a storyline outside of being Kitana's loyal friend. She got a foil in the form of Tanya and I hope they do this rivalry in the storyline of the new continuity for this very reason. It was nice seeing Jade do her own thing for once while still fighting for Edenia. Deception showed that Kitana does not have to be the end all be all for Jade and her story.

Well, that's my VG lover right there, Sparkling. Vicious, brave and also very loyal to the end. That's the reason I began using her the 1st time when Deception came out and been using her ever since (right behind Scorpion). It was like love at 1st sight....Plus, this fatality was awesome. Not original, but very brutal and badass.

Well, that's my VG lover right there, Sparkling. Vicious, brave and also very loyal to the end. That's the reason I began using her the 1st time when Deception came out and been using her ever since (right behind Scorpion). It was like love at 1st sight....Plus, this fatality was awesome. Not original, but very brutal and badass.

I always liked doing this fatality but after thinking about the fact that her staff isn't a blade that can slice, I don't think it's for her weapon anymore. This fatality is more compatible for Kenshi's sword or a chainsaw infact.

I just hope they can her arcade ending. I really do. It's so that people could stop being so darn stupid in thinking it's a character that we've seen before that somehow drastically changed within this one ending.

I mean, how in the world is that dream woman Li Mei? Or Daliah? Or Khameleon for heaven's sake?

Are you talking about Taven's mother? Delia?
I think it might be her for 3 reasons:

The ending mentions she speaks with regal authority

Her costume looks like it's red and yellow, and Delia is known as "The Lady of Flame"

And she can view events through mortals. That sounds like some sorceress shit to me.

I just don't think NRS will make any new characters for MK10 when there are so many existing Post UMK3 characters. Sure they sucked, but they still exist and can be reinvented.