3 Aronian, Levon
4 Kramnik, Vladimir
5 Ivanchuk, Vassily
6 Karjakin, Sergey
7 Topalov, Veselin
8 Nakamura, Hikaru
9 Mamedyarov, Shakhriyar
10 Grischuk, Alexander

I always lose at chess. I just don't play it enough to study it and know what the hell I am doing.

Checkers, on the other hand <3

"The game of chess is like a sword fight. You must think first, before you move"

Off topic: Straight from Shao Lin yu Wu Dang, eh? That movie was awesome!

On topic: I'm more of a checkers player as well; I lack the patience to learn chess right now, but its something I plan to at least attempt to learn how to play sometime in the near future.

Off topic: Straight from Shao Lin yu Wu Dang, eh? That movie was awesome!

On topic: I'm more of a checkers player as well; I lack the patience to learn chess right now, but its something I plan to at least attempt to learn how to play sometime in the near future.

Dude! I didn't think anyone would recognize that!

Chess is the second greatest game ever, Mortal Kombat 2 is the greatest game ever, I have a feeling mortal Kombat 2011 will change that

its all about reading your opponents moves/style, countering them and setting them up.

You have time to think when you play chess, whereas for fighting games, lightning-quick reflex is involved. That's why I think chess isn't a good analogy for fighting games.

I played chess in elementary school. I got pretty good at it, but I lost my touch after a long hiatus from obligations in secondary school. Besides, reading on strategies and such is a bit of a bother for me. To each his own. :)

ahhh, so there are other chess lovers here!? awesome...

although, i noticed your list didn't have a header that stated "Bobby Fischer is the best ever"

anyways, i'm an avid chess player, always learning...idk if anyone has xbox 360, but there is a Chess Masters Live game, that you can play against ppl online, great way to get experience. add me if anyone has the game also.

ok 2 things, lol!

1. yeah, its timed but, depending what ur playing you have between 10 and like 25 minutes.
2. all them guys touching multiple pieces!??!?! ILLEGAL! there is no way they were able to clarify "Jadoube" each time they centered a piece

oh yeah....but #3. HOLY SMOKES! i know the openings are basically set, but they are way past the opening, they are easily in mid game

Here is the bracket for this year's Candidates' Match. Currently the top 2 are playing. The winner will go against Viswanathan Anand for the World Title!!!