Official Pictures Thread Part 2

You should get rainbow streaks in your hair. I met a girl like that once she called herself Skittles. No joke.

That reminded me, I stopped at McDonald's today and one of the girls behind the counter had hair and makeup exactly like Nicki Minaj. I know that it's not exactly a 9 to 5 office job but it was kind of hard not to stare which just made me feel kind of awkward.

Can't. I can't have awesome hair like that in my profession.
Also, I've done stuff like that before and it's seriously way too much upkeep.

Sigh. The things women do for beauty. ;)

Yea it did kinda make that girl I met look like a clown and yea no job could take someone like that seriously unless as [Sek] said it was a place like McDonalds.

The whole 'looking a certain way because of your job' thing has always irked me.

I like my 'weird' hair colours and my piercings, and no one should tell me I can't look a certain way. I shouldn't be judged at work for my appearance, I should be judged for my work.

At my old job, there were business people coming to do a tour of the DC and my hair at the time was pink and everyone was all OMG POTENTIAL CLIENTS ARE COMING, HIDE!1!!111 and I didn't hide at all, I greeted them and they thought nothing of the way I looked.

This makes for a great debate topic, actually.

*goes to make thread*

The whole 'looking a certain way because of your job' thing has always irked me.

I like my 'weird' hair colours and my piercings, and no one should tell me I can't look a certain way. I shouldn't be judged at work for my appearance, I should be judged for my work.

At my old job, there were business people coming to do a tour of the DC and my hair at the time was pink and everyone was all OMG POTENTIAL CLIENTS ARE COMING, HIDE!1!!111 and I didn't hide at all, I greeted them and they thought nothing of the way I looked.

*goes to make thread*

What's worse is how schools don't allow kids in school to have "unnatural" colors of hair. WTF is so serious about HIGH SCHOOL that something like that isn't acceptable? Yeah, it would be a distraction at first, but after the novelty wears off and it's more acceptable, no one would notice.

Then it would also be more acceptable in "adult" society, so it wouldn't be such a big deal in working world, either.

My wife worked for a shitty picture company making about $9/hour and she got written up for having bright red/sorta pink streaks in her hair. Yeah, it was obviously unnatural, but it looked nice and most of the customers complimented her on it. It's ****ing pathetic.

I wonder if Jade is gonna get any more promoted, and after how many posts.Since you already reached 7000 posts.Could anyone tell me what is the highest rank :)

DSCF2851.jpg

I dunno, I thought of Kirsten Dunst when I saw it.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

Thanks, Pattycakes. Figures the one pic where I didn't really try to make it good turns out good, lol.

What's with the whole comic-book avatar look thingies!!

Why haven't I got one? I'm cool too... I wanna be in the cool gang!! Mommy, why aren't I in the gang??

Ah well... will have to do with my trusty "the way you look after ten days of boyscout-camp when awake at 8 am" pic...

tittiemcnuggets said:
I'm a nurse. Would you trust a rainbow haired girl to insert IV needles into your veins?
Even though personal appearance shouldn't and does not effect an individual's work performance; sadly, it's the way of the world.

I would give you extra money to stick the IV needle in my veins when you would be a rainbow haired girl...

:-D

*goes to make thread*

I 100% agree, I hate being punished in society for having a beard (or long facial hair).
Every-time I go out looking for a new job people are like "your going out looking for job with THAT BEARD?"
It's BS, it's not like I'm going to be working in food, my facial doesn't make me more or less qualified for any work.
It's like men have to look like women now-a-days to get anywhere in life, why am I persecuted for being a man? : /