Official Pictures Thread Part 2

Been away for a few days, but for good reason. On Sunday morning this little dude arrived:

alexac.jpg

Also this weekend I realized my wife is the toughest person I will probably ever meet in my life. Not only did she go through two days of labor, about halfway through her epidural stopped working right around the time the medicine she was taking to induce her labor had her contractions coming every 30 seconds or less. Then after all that, they ended up doing a c-section so she got the best of both worlds.

Right now I'm just getting things ready for everyone to come home tomorrow, and realizing not only is this the quietest that our apartment has ever been (my mother in law is babysitting our dog) but it's probably the last time it ever will be this quiet.

Can't wait though. Not to get completely livejournal-ly up in this piece, but a lot of trials and tribulations went into getting him in to the world and it's just amazing that it finally all paid off.

Congratulations, he is beautiful! What's his name?
Awwwwww.

I have to ask though, why did she have a c-section after so many hours of labor?
Just interested, I help deliver babies every day. :]

His name's Alexander David Francis Dawes. Since (barring a miracle) he's going to be our only child, we did the double middle name deal to honor both my father in law and my dad.

My wife ended up diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, so they decided to induce labor a week early. She didn't really respond to being induced, so that's why she ended up with the c-section. I nearly ended up brawling with the doctor since I suggested they do it once we hit the 14 hour mark with little change in dilation, but they insisted that we keep trying for normal delivery. Next thing I know, it's 5:30 am and the doctor is poking me awake to inform me we're in fact doing the c-section. Only about 12 hours after I suggested it, but hey, they have the MD after their names and I don't.

Congratulations, dude! He's real cute! Make sure you give him hell in his later years; "Lighten up, Francis" galore. :D Best of luck. You've got more courage than I do, raising children.

Fixed. =P

Been away for a few days, but for good reason. On Sunday morning this little dude arrived:

alexac.jpg

Also this weekend I realized my wife is the toughest person I will probably ever meet in my life. Not only did she go through two days of labor, about halfway through her epidural stopped working right around the time the medicine she was taking to induce her labor had her contractions coming every 30 seconds or less. Then after all that, they ended up doing a c-section so she got the best of both worlds.

Right now I'm just getting things ready for everyone to come home tomorrow, and realizing not only is this the quietest that our apartment has ever been (my mother in law is babysitting our dog) but it's probably the last time it ever will be this quiet.

Can't wait though. Not to get completely livejournal-ly up in this piece, but a lot of trials and tribulations went into getting him in to the world and it's just amazing that it finally all paid off.

Congrats, man. Cute kid and have fun with him.

alexac.jpg

Congrats man to both you and the mother of Little [Sek] . :D

The only 'new' one is one I don't think I posted here from when I was like 17 and with my garbage webcam.

I am a phaggot.

ok well you seemed to be implying that because tittiemcnuggets is beautiful there can be no such thing as a bad pic of her. That's BS. The fact that that pic makes her look less beautiful than you and I both know her to be is what makes it a bad pic. Get it?

additionally, it's not really even THAT bad... so it's a tad silly we're even arguing about it. Oh well... some days I'm just in a mood to argue semantics I guess