360 Wont have exclusive character, but will have exclusive mode

Re: Online region locking

I also really doubt there are going to be dedicated servers for MK. It'll be peer to peer.

An option for the filter is what they should have done, instead of forcing it on us. This is the first thing from NRS that I really have a problem with. It's a shit idea, and they're probably trying to cover up that they haven't improved the netcode, just tricking players into believing they have by restricting them, thus lowering the chances of lag.

I can hear the pre-order cancellations already!

What's the point of on-line play if you can only play with people in your area anyway? You may as well just release the game to arcades then and be done with a console versions -- on-line will die in ass in a matter of weeks. I want to play people the world over, not just next door to me...

I still think this info is bogus given Boon said verbatime that the net-code has been overhauled to accommodate better international hook-ups. He even cited a US-UK connection as an exmaple. (*Giantbomb)

I'd be VERY surprised (and disappointed) if this turns out to be fact.

I think there is just miscommunication here. I wouldn't be surprised if the matchmaking code looked for players in your region first, and then expanded that search based on your connection.

Uh, this game wouldn't get through Microsoft or Sony certification if it prevented you from playing people on your friends list. It would fail all kinds of TCR/TRCs that deal with online game invites. They are most definitely talking about ranked matches imo. And even then I would hope they would be smart enough to let the user decide if they want to be restricted by region or not in the options. Hopefully there is just some miscommunication here.

God I hope it's just ranked matches. I have friends in the UK who keep talking shit about already finding a good combo to hit me with. :laugh:

You guys are tripping balls, we dont know the exact context of it. All it is so far, is some brazilian hearing what hector had to say and probably got put through google translate. Just wait for the official statement.

i´m wondering what xbox360 users will get... maybe a scorpion flesh pit costume? lol

I think there is just miscommunication here. I wouldn't be surprised if the matchmaking code looked for players in your region first, and then expanded that search based on your connection.

I'm hoping this is the case. This sort of thing has been done before though, see Starcraft 2.

I'd blow some serious Boon shlong (figuratively speaking of course) if it was an expansion to the challenge tower, like an extra 20 or 30 levels.

i´m wondering what xbox360 users will get... maybe a scorpion flesh pit costume? lol

;-)

meat-bust.jpg

You guys are tripping balls, we dont know the exact context of it. All it is so far, is some brazilian hearing what hector had to say and probably got put through google translate. Just wait for the official statement.

^What this guy said.

MK Kinect! Not likely, but it would be a hot mess of fun at parties. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered, and I can't wait to see if this X360 exclusive mode will be enough for me to double-dip.

lol why is everyone convinced they're getting an exclusive mode on 360? They said exclusive content... I don't get how you extract mode from that. A exclusive mode is HIGHLY unlikely.

I really dont see the big deal. Yeah people want fairness and all, i understand. But im buying MK because its MK! Not for any additional characters or whatever. If the 360 gets an exclusive mode, cool. But it really doesnt matter much to me. Im buying BOTH versions, so i play play with my xbox friends, and my playstation friends. Kratos isnt a buy for me. The gameplay, the roster, the graphics, the fatalities. Thats a buy for me.

lol why is everyone convinced they're getting an exclusive mode on 360? They said exclusive content... I don't get how you extract mode from that. A exclusive mode is HIGHLY unlikely.

Yeah, mode was never confirmed. He just said content, and it wouldn't be a character. I'd guess it's probably an arena or something non-MK related. It could be a Gears of War themed arena or something.