360 Wont have exclusive character, but will have exclusive mode

They should make the content RAIN, and he's only on 360. Imagine the entertaining poop storm that would initiate!

They should make the content RAIN, and he's only on 360. Imagine the entertaining poop storm that would initiate!

Exactly which is why I would boycott the game even as a 360 user, thats big slap in the face to a lot of MKers.

Rain should be available to both consoles, but he should be free for 360 users who buy the game new.

wait, huh?? region-locked online :( thats pretty silly, i understand they want to eliminate lag, but what about playing against friends across the country??

And i see Hector acknowledged the extracted files to be authentic. I didnt spoil much for myself, except 1 (unimportant) ending and a few bios... oh, and the fact that Sindel can use her Hair Whip in battle again! ^_^ (not really a spoiler)

what ever the content is, all i hope is that it's just not exclusive to online only and not that "King of the Hill" that we already heard of

^ sounds good but...

"The online mode will be restricted to your area. E.g., if your playing from the west part of the USA, you'll only be able to play against people from the same region."

I'm sorry...WHAT!?

Yea this has me a tad concerned, while I dont enjoy playing with any latency it does shrink the player pool substantially. I wonder if they are just going to "split" the US in half or how exactly they are going to do it.

Online region locking

The online mode will be restricted to your area. E.g., if your playing from the west part of the USA, you'll only be able to play against people from the same region. Sanchez explained that this decision was made in order to prevent lags during online matches.

This seriously needs some clarification. I don't like this one bit.

Thoughts?

Re: Online region locking

To prevent lag? They did the same thing in MK Vs DC and that game had probably the worst online servers I've ever seen...

I dont see the problem in this, there is gonna be more than enough players online in your region I would expect. Maybe I am speaking from an anti-online bias LOL.

This seriously needs some clarification. I don't like this one bit.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this at all. I assume they are talking about ranked matches here. An Option should exist to let the user restrict searching to their region only if wanted, but it shouldn't be forced. No way they can do this for player matches. That would be ridiculous if I couldn't invite my friends from the East Coast to play in a non-ranked lobby lol

I dont see the problem in this, there is gonna be more than enough players online in your region I would expect. Maybe I am speaking from an anti-online bias LOL.

Yeah, I think it's the anti-online bias talking. :laugh:

It does suck that you'll be locked to a certain region, but seeing how NRS said they would update the online aspect of the game through patches, that might mean that they'll also eventually upgrade the range to where you can play with anybody. Don't know if that would actually happen though, but I'm hoping it does.

The biggest reason why I'm extremely disappointed about this is that I have many friends I looked forward to play with. Now it looks like it won't be possible :(

What is wrong with giving players the option to filter the region they prefer to play in like SSF4 does? When I couldn't get local games I played against people in other regions a fair bit in that game and the experience was fine in most cases.

I just don't like such choices being made for me. If I want to put up with lag, that's my choice. If I don't want to put up with lag then I'll choose to play against people in my region, again, my choice.

^ Hear, hear sir...

I think the reasoning behind it is absolute ********...

I've played SFIV online with ppl from Europe and Japan and have gotten smoother connections than some who live a couple states away from me...

It should be our choice to decide who's within our jurisdiction or not...

I'm thinking people on your friends list will be exempt from this.

I don't think that's the case, because tons of people have friends that don't live in the same country as them, and if they were exempt from it then there would be no point in having it region locked.

Isn't this "Exclusive Content" the King of the Hill??? Or something else since he said content and not mode

lol no way they are going to make basic online lobby functionality exclusive to 1 console. 4-8 player lobbies with spectating is pretty standard fair since SSF2 HDR. It's going to be something different, and I doubt it will be a gameplay mode.

To be honest I would be totally cool if they just gave the first 1 or 2 DLC characters free to Xbox users. I would much rather have that than a exclusive character that isn't tournament worthy.

I don't think that's the case, because tons of people have friends that don't live in the same country as them, and if they were exempt from it then there would be no point in having it region locked.

Uh, this game wouldn't get through Microsoft or Sony certification if it prevented you from playing people on your friends list. It would fail all kinds of TCR/TRCs that deal with online game invites. They are most definitely talking about ranked matches imo. And even then I would hope they would be smart enough to let the user decide if they want to be restricted by region or not in the options. Hopefully there is just some miscommunication here.

Fade, +1.

SSF4 online system is near flawless. You should at the very least be able to
choose which regions you want to play in.

Regarding servers, people should be able to make their own lobbies
like in SSF4. This is a much better option than NRS or WB maintaining
dedicated servers for national/international gameplay.