Old schoolers, what do you think of the demo?

i havent tried this since the pc barely jumps at me, but can u still uppercut/jugglepunch/roundhouse(if there even is a roundhouse in the game) someone out of the air when they jump at you?

those big combos are enhanced moves, you cant pull them off everytime because your bar depletes. so dont worry, it takes a pro to master those big ones and connect the enhanced moves. Mileenas are so far the hardest in my opinion
This. I'm trying to master Mileena's enhanced combo's but it's so hard!

those big combos are enhanced moves, you cant pull them off everytime because your bar depletes. so dont worry, it takes a pro to master those big ones and connect the enhanced moves. Mileenas are so far the hardest in my opinion

I disagree on two points:

1. It doesnt take a pro to do them, I was doing big combos after 30-45 minutes of playing last week, all you need to do is buffer the inputs.

2. I believe Scorpion is the easiest followed by Mileena and Johnny equally with Subby being the hardest of the four.

Last edited:
I finally did the classic Scorpion Deep Jump Kick>Teleport>Spear combo, but you have to do the deepest jump kick possible, as in you have to nearly land before you press kick.

I really like the Demo Visually and for it's Gameplay I think it is easily accesable yet there is alot to learn, the motion is very fluid and I really enjoyed it overall, I think this will be more popular than SS4 hands down because more moves and the combos are better and the special moves are easier...More game modes too... Please NRS don't make it any more difficult to access for these MK Nutta's complaining it is too easy... I Think it is just right.

Announcer is not a patch on MK2 MK3 Announcer, Uppercut and Roundhouse needs a more empahasised sound like the originals, Death chime when player Energy low (not for NPC), ying yang or infinity symbol when timer off, Background music should be controllable from the Pause Menu and even selectable (Music player please in Options with picture like the Old Skool Ports to console)

As an old MK fan (i discovered MK1 in arcade in 1992, and played every MK game since then, both arcade, consoles and handheld) i think this one is almost perfect ! I love it ! It's fast, it's nasty, and the controls are very easy to perform !

About the fatalities, it's like the other MK games : once you've seen it, you know it... but it's always a great pleasure to finish your opponent !

In fact, the only thing that disturb me is the long time recovery after each move... We are not in MK Armaggeddon (the longest recovery time of all MK game), but sometimes it's like you lose control of your kombattant.

I've got a question for all of you : does anyone know WHAT THE USE OF THE "CHANGING STANCE" BUTTON (L2) ??
It's totally USELESS, no ???

Dont get us old school MKers wrong, we love the game, we just need some of these minor imperfections addressed and we have a winner, This can be the perfect mk game if they will just fix these things, Faster gameplay, sound effects, announcer, more blood, new and better fatality music, and special punch moves with punch buttons not kick buttons, that is confusing

that has nothing to do with why or how this thread has gone to shit.

if i asked someone in particular a question, i sure as hell wouldnt want to hear anyone else's opinion on it the question. if you smell what the rock is cooking.

that has nothing to do with why or how this thread has gone to shit.

if i asked someone in particular a question, i sure as hell wouldnt want to hear anyone else's opinion on it the question. if you smell what the rock is cooking.

As an old schooler, and huge MK player, what do you think about the L2 button, Tim ?

The title of the thread is "Old schoolers, what do you think of the demo?"

So, expect old schoolers to come here and talk about their impressions of the demo.

The title of the thread is "Old schoolers, what do you think of the demo?"

So, expect old schoolers to come here and talk about their impressions of the demo.

basically.....like i mentioned i really like the gameplay and visuals its easily the best since UMK3 (I started on MK2) but the game just isn't as eerie as the old stuff its lost abit of its atmosphere, maybe because the sound was way low who knows....

Glad this thread is still going. I took a break from the demo and the started playing it again tonight and really can't wait for the full game. I'm still not sold by the camera movement during the fatality's, I guess its just the one thing I can't let go from the old days. That and the announcer. If thats not changed in the retail version, please make it a DLC option.

Announcer's FIIIIGHT annoys me a lot, but now i see that there are at least two versions of "FIGHT" he shouts at the beginning, one is good and one is AWFUL, but there's still a chance to kick the awfull one out...

im still questiong the camera zooming on the fatalities, i to dont like all the close ups during a fatality unless its incredibly detailed. Id rather watch them from a spectators view.

basically.....like i mentioned i really like the gameplay and visuals its easily the best since UMK3 (I started on MK2) but the game just isn't as eerie as the old stuff its lost abit of its atmosphere, maybe because the sound was way low who knows....

As far as the atmosphere and presentation is concerned, this it the best MK since MKII. The gameplay is the best since UMK3. I like the respective features of the old games a little more, but having them done this well in one game is fantastic.

Announcer's FIIIIGHT annoys me a lot, but now i see that there are at least two versions of "FIGHT" he shouts at the beginning, one is good and one is AWFUL, but there's still a chance to kick the awfull one out...

im still questiong the camera zooming on the fatalities, i to dont like all the close ups during a fatality unless its incredibly detailed. Id rather watch them from a spectators view.

Are you serious? I swear... I've never seen such pathetic nitpicking as the shit some of you guys post.

pads are great for playing sports games, and other kinds of games. i dont use them for fighting games.

I think he was asking about the functionality of the L2 button... it's the button that you click to switch your character's stance.

I think he was asking about the functionality of the L2 button... it's the button that you click to switch your character's stance.

Yes, it was about the "useless" L2 button, but i opened a (uselesse ?) thread to talk about that... L2 is a mystery for me, even if it's pretty cool to change stance and see Mileena's a** :)

Me too, its not nitpicking its just a preference.

I love it I feel like im a little kid again playing MK1,MK2,UMK3 all over again only enhanced!

This! I remember standing in line, as a kid, mind you, for the first MK on the Genesis, and hearing rumors of "a,b,a,c,a,b,b". I remember another time standing in-between a Killer Instinct and MK2 machine, each with lines, and I had a quarter placed on each (remember that? lol). People were talking about the latest arcade builds and secrets, and it was just magical. That's the feeling I'm getting with this one, and with this community. Even though the face of the scene has changed (online vice arcade, and such) this one just has that "feel" to it, don't you all agree? Oh, and the "toasty" being back in it? Nice! It makes me want to press down and start when it happens! :D

Last edited: