Summary of Story Mode... ***MAJOR SPOILER***

I summed up story mode... there are still a lot of details not included in this spoiler. As someone who is an avid follower of the story mode, I can honestly say... reading this has made me want this game A MILLION TIMES MORE.

Spoiler:

Cyrax is human initially—at least in story mode.
Sektor becomes Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei after defeating his father (former LK GM)
Liu Kang wins the first tournament after defeating Tsung.
To save face, Tsung offers a plan to Kahn for the takeover of Earthrealm.
A tournament in Outworld. If Outworld wins, Kahn invades Earthrealm.
If Earthrealm wins, Kahn must give up on the invasion.
Tundra is in story mode—wondering Outworld with younger Sub and Smoke.
Smoke meets up with Raiden and company, which leads to him never being turned into a cyborg.
Because Smoke was never caught, younger Sub was caught and was automated.
Kitana is advised to go to the flesh pits to reveal the “truth”.
Kitana meets up with Mileena in the flesh pit and is disgusted at the sight.
Shang Tsung and Quan Chi unite for a cameo of the Deadly Alliance to fight Liu Kang.
Kung Lao is killed by Shao Kahn (conclusion drawn from dialogue) after Earthrealm wins the tournament.
Shao Kahn is “killed” but it is shortly revealed that he really isn’t dead, thanks, in part, to Quan Chi.
Tsung, after losing again, offers another solution for Kahn to invade Earthrealm.
Tsung resurrects Sindel, only she is completely loyal to Kahn, thus allowing the invasion.
Kabal is burned. (Apparently this is shown in the story.)
Stryker is sought out by Nightwolf because he is one of Raiden’s chosen warriors.
Kabal does not rejoin the Black Dragon. (Speculation from text)
“Raiden has killed Motaro” (Explains why he’s not in the game.)
Sub-Zero, Unit LK-52O
Sub-Zero, however, still has his soul/spirit.
Someone named “Haokah” is mentioned multiple times. (I believe they are referring to Raiden)
Sektor recalibrates Unit LK-52O’s “neuromodulators”.
Bi-Han and Kuai Liang meet each other. “Restored? You and I both. We are flawed copies of our former selves.”
“Pilamaya” is mentioned. (I believe they are referring to Nightwolf.)
Raiden seeks help from the Elder Gods who refuse to help on a technicality.
“Invasion is not itself a transgression. It is the merger of the realms that is proscribed.”
Because of the lack of help from the Elder Gods, Raiden seeks Quan Chi for help.
Kang believes Raiden to be delusional and takes matter into his own hands.
Raiden offers the fallen’s souls to Quan Chi in exchange for his assistance.
Quan Chi reveals that Kahn has already given him the soul’s as “payment for Netherrealm’s allegiance.”
Kang’s faith in Raiden falls greater when he returns from the Netherrealm without Quan Chi’s alliance.
Raiden states “We must allow Shao Kahn to merge the realms!”
Raiden kills Kang to prevent him from stopping Kahn from successfully merging the realms.
Shao Kahn successfully merges Earthrealm with Outworld.
Kahn is then punished for breaking the decree of the Elder Gods.
Closing Statements:
Unknown: Your plan worked to perfection, Lord Shinnok.
Shinnok: Shao Kahn was blinded by rage. How easily he was convinced that the Elder Gods would ignore his merging the realms.
Unknown: Yet the thunder god still lives.
Shinnok: No matter. Neither Earthrealm nor Outworld can now withstand the Netherrealm’s onslaught.
Either Shinnok or Unknown: It is time. Soon I will be free. Earthrealm and Outworld will be ours.

EDIT:

Please keep in mind, I've constructed this summary from my interpretation of the script that was posted (http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15742-Warning-Storymode-Spoiler.) by whtillnvrb .

This script did not include who is saying what, but I used a little bit of common sense and a little bit of intellectual intuitiveness to construct this summary.

My point being, this information is obviously subject to change (the info released on the demo is likely older and may not be the final release) and this information, while may not be 100% accurate, this is my best educated guess based on the script.

Last edited:
Lol. I'm sorry. I figured that there are people that don't care for the story so much... but more importantly I had hoped that maybe there would be more people like me-- that would read the story and want the game that much more.

i can see where your coming from but after playin MKvsDC and see how awesome that story mode was i kne this one will be awesome!(i hav not read anything about the story mode)

I'm super excited after reading this. I'm glad there are actual changes, too! I was really worried about that.

I read this one and it seems pretty interesting. Still can't wait to see all this in cinematic's in-game. The "other" spoiler thread has actual scripts, that one I am NOT reading.

I read this one and it seems pretty interesting. Still can't wait to see all this in cinematic's in-game. The "other" spoiler thread has actual scripts, that one I am NOT reading.

Yeah, I definitely cannot wait for the cinematic. And yes, I got my information from that other thread. It slipped my mind, but I should have given a shout out to whtillnvrb and his thread http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15742-Warning-Storymode-Spoiler.

EDIT: Reposting this in my last post to ensure it gets read.

Please keep in mind, I've constructed this summary from my interpretation of the script that was posted (http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...rymode-Spoiler.) by whtillnvrb .

This script did not include who is saying what, but I used a little bit of common sense and a little bit of intellectual intuitiveness to construct this summary.

My point being, this information is obviously subject to change (the info released on the demo is likely older and may not be the final release) and this information, while may not be 100% accurate, this is my best educated guess based on the script.

Last edited:
I am gonna post what I said in the other story mode thread here as well, just in case:

This is one thread in the Spoilers sub-forum I will not be going to as of now because I know if I have the slightest view, someone is gonna make a comment about the story without spoiler tags (which they are entitled to, because thats the point of this thread).

I am here to just say to PLEASE KEEP WHAT YOU SEE IN THIS THREAD ONLY IN THIS THREAD. No one needs to get screwed over by having some jerk-off running to another thread saying "OH I READ THIS HERE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS". Anything that you find out stays here PLEASE, for the sake of other MKers.

Otherwise I am gonna neg rep you, report your post and hopefully get you banned from the site, no matter who you are, friend or foe. In the end, we are playing this game for ourselves and for our own benefits and some of us do not want that to be ruined at any cost. And I am allowed to do that if anything from this thread gets out to other threads without a spoiler tag, according to the Admin himself, Patrick McCarron. For reference, see the Spoiler Sub-Forum Thread: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15697-Spoilers-Now-Have-a-Home!/page10000

This is your warning from me and probably a lot of other forum members.

I was wondering when you were gonna get around to my post Taj.

No worries man. This is a zero tolerance zone on spoiling details for our fellow members.

I want to read it .... I am doing this ..... I can't resist ....No I am not .

But thnx for saying that you loved it ... Thnx a lot man .

Spoiler:

Wow, Liu Kang.....dies. I finna kry. Looks like to me Outworld and Earthrealm are going to team up to fight Shinnok and his forces! I really kan't wait for this game now(only bekause the story sounds kool and I LOVE STORIES). I wonder what is going to happen after they fight Shinnok and his forces off.

Spoiler:

Wow, Liu Kang.....dies. I finna kry. Looks like to me Outworld and Earthrealm are going to team up to fight Shinnok and his forces! I really kan't wait for this game now(only bekause the story sounds kool and I LOVE STORIES). I wonder what is going to happen after they fight Shinnok and his forces off.

Spoiler:

It was brought to my attention that Kang my not be killed. The text never states that he is, but with the emotion going into the battle, and Raiden's desperate attempt, I assumed that Liu was killed.

Spoiler:

It was brought to my attention that Kang my not be killed. The text never states that he is, but with the emotion going into the battle, and Raiden's desperate attempt, I assumed that Liu was killed.

Spoiler:

"We must allow Shao Kahn to merge the realms!
That is insane!
The Elder Gods forbid it without victory in Mortal Kombat.
When he does, the Elder Gods' fury will fall upon him.
Defeating Shao Kahn before the merge is but temporary. \nHe will return, bringing Armageddon. I have foreseen it!
Enough, Raiden!
He is here.
No! Do as I say!
Have faith in the Elder Gods. Have faith in me.
Liu Kang! I cannot let you fight Shao Kahn!
Then you are my enemy!
Liu Kang, do not interfere!
Liu Kang, stop!
Liu Kang! Raiden! No!
Enough of your madness! If you must die, so be it!
By the gods, no!
No. This was not meant to happen.
What did you do?!
Liu Kang, Forgive me....
You...have killed us... all....
C'mon! It's up to us!"

Dude he sounds dead to me.

Spoiler:

"We must allow Shao Kahn to merge the realms!
That is insane!
The Elder Gods forbid it without victory in Mortal Kombat.
When he does, the Elder Gods' fury will fall upon him.
Defeating Shao Kahn before the merge is but temporary. \nHe will return, bringing Armageddon. I have foreseen it!
Enough, Raiden!
He is here.
No! Do as I say!
Have faith in the Elder Gods. Have faith in me.
Liu Kang! I cannot let you fight Shao Kahn!
Then you are my enemy!
Liu Kang, do not interfere!
Liu Kang, stop!
Liu Kang! Raiden! No!
Enough of your madness! If you must die, so be it!
By the gods, no!
No. This was not meant to happen.
What did you do?!
Liu Kang, Forgive me....
You...have killed us... all....
C'mon! It's up to us!"

Dude he sounds dead to me.

Spoiler:

I agree. I was just stating what someone else had told me lol.

Spoiler:

Of all the characters possibilities to be killed, I hoped Liu Kang wasn't one of them. In fact, I kinda relished Kung Lao's death in order to make Liu Kang a more brooding hero (which happened), but then they had to go kill him off aswell. (If this is trustworthy)