MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

I'm not sure how releasing the demo will make Xb0x users angry. It's better to be late than never.

It's not better late than never. What if the full game came out on PS3 and the 360 version didn't come out for another year, wouldn't you be mad? Better late than never, right?

It wouldn't surprise me if MK9 comes to Live 1-2 weeks before release...

Boon saying that he "doesn't know" when the demo is dropping makes me think that it's in certification.

this is bullcrap. i mean dang the ps3 users have been playing and enjoying like none other while we sit on the dang sidelines benchwarming. this SUCKS

It's fair shithouse ay, it's completely out of Ed's and our control,
we need the big boys to get their shit sorted.

In my opinion, either the demo is released next Tuesday (March 29), or NRS should not release it at all, because i think releasing it on April could backfire and make some potential XBOX 360 buyers angry, and hurt the sales of the full game. They should just come clean and say that Sony secured exclusivity for the demo, and i think almost everybody, if not everybody would understand and accept that, we would just forget the freaking demo and continue to count the days till April 19th. But releasing one or two weeks before the full game may be seen to some as inappropriate, and a bit of and insult to XBOX 360 players.
I agree totaly on everything you just said, i do not even care about the demo anymore. Just waiting for the release.

Still, regarding that last bit about what X360 players may think after a possible late release, or no release at all, of the demo, i would like to say something: We should not base our decision of buying or not buying this game on the release of a demo, especially in this day and age of exclusivity deals and economic crisis, where the gaming giants want whatever edge they can get to outsell their competitors even in the slightest, we should decide based on what the full game is like, and for the looks of it, is going to be awesome and worthy of buying it, with or without demo.

I agree on everything you just said, I do not even care about the demo anymore. Just waiting for the release.

What do you guy's mean by "Certification"?

Before anything is put on the Live marketplace the developers have to submit their code to MS to go through a certification process. From what I understand it's basically so MS can go over the code and make sure it's secure and fit for users to download. This process typically takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks from what I've seen in the past.

Before anything is put on the Live marketplace the developers have to submit their code to MS to go through a certification process. From what I understand it's basically so MS can go over the code and make sure it's secure and fit for users to download. This process typically takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks from what I've seen in the past.

Wow, That actually make's alot of scence then. Seeing that everybody is saying "Soon" and "Later". That's what is probably going on, That whole Certification deal. Anyway's thank you for making me understand that, I never heard of that before. Well let's just hope that's the deal.

I dont think its certification thats holding it up. If it was they could say, hey we are working on the demo for 360, it just has to pass certification or something else is holding it up. Its either they are working to get something into the 360 version of the demo/game, or sony has exclusive rights to the demo. Sony could have paid them a lot to add kratos, and advertise him as exclusive while Boon cant talk about the 360 version until a certain date. They are acting too secretive for it be over certification.

I dont think its certification thats holding it up. If it was they could say, hey we are working on the demo for 360, it just has to pass certification or something else is holding it up. Its either they are working to get something into the 360 version of the demo/game, or sony has exclusive rights to the demo. Sony could have paid them a lot to add kratos, and advertise him as exclusive while Boon cant talk about the 360 version until a certain date. They are acting too secretive for it be over certification.

Oh Well. Iv lost alot of interest in the demo, We will get it after the release. THEN! We can play it! lol

He's being vague regardless of the reason. If it's a PS3 exclusive demo then why is he saying "I don't know" when people ask about the 360 demo at all? Wouldn't he just say that there is no 360 demo? The "I don't know" seems like certification is the likeliest of scenarios.

The official MK Community twitter said 2 weeks ago that there will be an xbox demo.

What if the 360 demo will feature different characters, maybe keeping Scorpion and Sub Zero while adding Kung Lao and Nightwolf for example???

That would be a smart move!

What if the 360 demo will feature different characters, maybe keeping Scorpion and Sub Zero while adding Kung Lao and Nightwolf for example???

That would be a smart move!

I really hope that it is an updated demo with extra characters and arenas but hell I'll take any thing