MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole "tuesday" thing. Well like RoboSmoke said, The possible days that it can come out are the 22nd, 29th. 5th, and the 12th. I'd expect it to come out on the 29th but things never go by way so I'll agree on the 5th.

Yeah but xbox live adds stuff every day, not just one day a week like PSN. So it doesnt have to be on a tuesday.

The D-Pad definitely isn't great, but the dev team seems to be playing the game just fine in the videos I've seen of them using 360 controllers.

I was planning on getting it on PS3 but I'm starting to wonder if the 360's crappy d-pad might actually be better for this game. It seems like you'll be able to roll your thumb into the next direction when pulling off moves. Sometimes I try that with the PS3 d-pad to pull the move off quicker and I catch the edge of the button and don't quite press it all the way so it doesn't register. I haven't really played a fighting game on the 360 yet so maybe somebody could tell me how well the d-pad behaves in other fighters.

As weird as it is may sound to some by saying this, I find the 360 D-Pad easier to use, especially the new one. I played MK9 for PS3 the other day, its like Goro's Armpits said, I sometimes catch the edge of the buttons and my finger gets stuck.

I was planning on getting it on PS3 but I'm starting to wonder if the 360's crappy d-pad might actually be better for this game. It seems like you'll be able to roll your thumb into the next direction when pulling off moves. Sometimes I try that with the PS3 d-pad to pull the move off quicker and I catch the edge of the button and don't quite press it all the way so it doesn't register. I haven't really played a fighting game on the 360 yet so maybe somebody could tell me how well the d-pad behaves in other fighters.

I've played the PS3 demo a ton. I'm interested in the 360 demo mainly to compare playability.

As weird as it is may sound to some by saying this, I find the 360 D-Pad easier to use, especially the new one. I played MK9 for PS3 the other day, its like Goro's Armpits said, I sometimes catch the edge of the buttons and my finger gets stuck.

One of my friends said that the new 360 controllers with the spinning dpad really work great. Unfortunately i dont have one.

Yeah, the D-pad on the new controller is really solid. It's basically like a Genesis 6-button/Saturn model 2 D-pad. I don't even bother with the "plus" style transformation, it works pretty great as is.

I've played the PS3 demo a ton. I'm interested in the 360 demo mainly to compare playability.

Exactly. Since 95% of the time multiplats perform better on the 360 it all really comes down to which is the better version. If the 360 d-pad works fine and it's the better performing version then it's a no brainer.

One of my friends said that the new 360 controllers with the spinning dpad really work great. Unfortunately i dont have one.

I've been wanting to snag one of these but I don't want to spend $55. I wish they'd sell them without the play and charge kit.

tumblr_lhg88cpMUk1qhchcdo1_400.jpg

Where do people find this stuff? I broke down laughing at this

the 360 dpad on mk vs dc was ok not that bad but the only problem was that i keep jumping up when i dont want to

I am really surprised they did not announce a demo release for the 360 when they announced KABAL the other night....

They will announce it 2 weeks after the game release date, it would not surprise me.

Funny I never thought of it, but I guess I should download the 360 demo just to see. I hate the 360 pad for UMK3 and so my pre-order for MK has been PS3 without question. Having Kratos is also a nice bonus. But just to say I tried it, I'll download the 360 demo and give it a whirl.

But I can pretty much guarantee I'll be all about the PS3 controller after comparing. Just like I will always play shooters with the 360 controller, the PS3 will alway be superior for fighters.

They will announce it 2 weeks after the game release date, it would not surprise me.

Maybe! They never said they would demo would be before launch... they just said there would be a demo. I hope for some of y'all that you get it a few weeks before, not after.

I would be happy it they release the demo at march...if its at april....Im think I dont download it....I hope for next week :/

I agree. I didn't play with the new controller, but I find even the old one better than the PS3 one. I remember one of my fingers hurted after playing MKvsDCU on the PS3 after sometime, but on the Xbox, a play it for a long time and no fingers get hurt :)

I dont know why im disappointed tbh. I want to download it...but im not sure if i would play it. Ha. I mean, i would just rather have the final thing and enjoy it in all its glory. But i still want the frigging option to download it.

152l4pz.jpg

I dont even care if we EVER get the demo. I think I lost hope or just lost the hype for it but I do know that if it comes out I will download it and still buy the game.

Hold up people..I might be able to shed some light on this topic. It is RUMOURED that the Demo of Mortal Kombat for the Xbox 360, Will be released on March, 22 (According to a thread on IGN) April, 5th (According to a statement by, Ed Boon himself). To Everyone who is saying that, Ed Boon BUTT ****.ED all of the Xbox 360 Owners..Don't think that!? Ed Boon said himself he prefers the Xbox 360 Version over the PS3 Version, And the reason why PS3 is getting all of these "Deals" is because of exclusitivity for it..PS3 is paying more for these deals than Microsoft, And WB is giving them what they payed for. So if anything..Blame Microsoft :). Although i can't wait till' tomorrow to see if this demo actually comes out..Already Pre-Ordered the game..Got the Klassic MK1 Scorpion costume, And not to mention his Iconic "Fire Spit" Fatality..Gonna' make some noobies "TOASTY" when this officially come's out..

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Never Do Anything You Would Not Want To Explain To The Paramedics..

Last edited: