MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

If the demo really does come out for Xbox, (chances are low) NRS better throw in an extra character for us just to show they still care. Releasing the demo doesn't count :p

"they better"? im sorry but i wouldn't mind if we get less characters. as long as we get a demo im happy. and it will count.

i'd be happy with one character and one stage to tell you the truth =P

"they better"? im sorry but i wouldn't mind if we get less characters. as long as we get a demo im happy. and it will count.

i'd be happy with one character and one stage to tell you the truth =P

You'd be happier with one more character though wouldn't you? But I guess you're right considering that I actually played the demo on my bro's PS3 for a while anyway. I'm just greedy for more.

I'd be mad if they gave us an extra character, because it added to the time it took for the demo to come out.

There wont be an x-box demo before release. Soo...

Honestly, I think the 360 users need to stop holding their breath for anything. You should probably expect nothing or mediocre exclusives. That way, you can't be disappointed if it's true and surprised if it's not true.

Like I said before, I personally dont care for a demo after the first two weeks but understand some people wont be able to get the game on release date or want to try it out first. The only way I would take a demo at this moment it be because is the FINISH product,4 players unlock and same game mode as the PSN. Anyways, I'm still getting game 5 days earlier.

@ Lux the Elder God: Imagine knowing the game is coming out and the closest you can get to it until release date is by constantly checking forums, twitter and youtube for new announcements/videos. It would be enough to drive anybody off their head. I don't begrudge the PS3 users the demo, far from it but people still would like to get a bit of a feel for the game, even if the demo is old code. It could be something as simple as just seeing how the xbox dpad holds up, can they use it or do they need to use their arcade sticks or in the event that they don't have a stick, go out and buy one. A lot of the people here will want to play competitively online and knowing which set up works better for them from the start is a helping hand. Those that have a PS3 and an arcade stick for that (but are getting it on 360) will know how it feels and will have an idea of which control setup they'll use. Getting used to some of the new commands for the special attacks or some of the new special moves that characters have such as Mileena's Face Gnaw etc etc.

I agree that playing it for the first time on release day (I'll pretend since I've played it only twice) will be...amazing for some people but there are others that would've liked to have that little bit of a leg up. As for sinking money into it most of, if not all, the members in this forum will be getting it, most at release date, others a bit later for whatever reason. The demo would have been good for those who were on the fence or perhaps unsure if they'd like it. MK vs DC did a lot of damage for some people.

Alright, fair enough. I'm starting to understand why some Xbox gamers would be pissed about no demo. Above all else, I understand the frustration of having the developers say there will be a demo and then there not being one (though from my understanding, Microsoft's to blame for that). And depending on what kind of gamer you are (i.e. hardcore or leisurely) you would want the demo to prepare yourself for the full game, online fights and so on.

MK v. DC was terribly disappointing this is true but I think it's safe to say MK'11 is on another level :)

I
CAN'T
WAIT
FOR
THIS
GAME!!

well id give away my demo 2 a 360 user, i got bored of it, probably because i dont like the characters in it :p

So do you guy's think this demo is coming out in a few hour's or what.. I doubt with my whole being it is though.. lol

So do you guy's think this demo is coming out in a few hour's or what.. I doubt with my whole being it is though.. lol

It's possible. That machinima stream is going on later today also. Maybe today the demo is coming out and that stream will play also? I bet that you or n9195v will be the first to post about the demo being up, if it comes up. haha

It's possible. That machinima stream is going on later today also. Maybe today the demo is coming out and that stream will play also? I bet that you or n9195v will be the first to post about the demo being up, if it comes up. haha

Nah. I'll be to busy playing the demo to post info about it. !L0L!

@Lux the Elder God Yay! I managed to convince someone of something. Now, time to try to convince my local gamestop staff to give me a copy of it early...I agree though, this MK will be leagues ahead of MK vs DC. Definitely watching the film the night before, only the first one though. Second one was a heap of steaming crap.

Back on topic, doesn't seem like the demo is going to be up today, though it could be a late update. Not that it matters at this point.

Yeah, oh well, tis no matter, we're not too far from the game's release date now anyway, I'm sure we can all find something to occupy ourselves with. Go achievement hunting in games or complete unfinished ones etc.

They updated Mortal Kombat on xbox.com. Well I guess we actually have a chance of the demo being released today!