MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

i got faith in NRS. come april there will be alot of cool stuff / information released. let PS3 users enjoy their last week. Xbox stuff is coming. saying they forgot about us or treat us lower is really stupid to say. be patient we have like 3 weeks in april also. and if they really treated us lower we wouldnt be getting MK!.

plus if we get a demo im pretty sure we will have different characters (&, or more game types)...so be patient people its almost our time!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. how do you start a new topic?...i want to know about full size arcades. if anyone is making them and selling them and or old school arcades, if they are for sale. ect. mk1,mk2,mk3 and MK 2011....thanks.

Last edited:

maybe they think its a bad idea to market the xbox more then two weeks
before release because xbox 360 users have a short attention span =P?
but really xbox's sales will be fine there not snuffing the larger party.
the adds all over every game stop will help out the xbox for sho.

even if we don't get the demo we get the "King of the Hill" mode which looks great,
we also get a bunch of mk avatars! both of these are xbox only.

Well this was an interesting experiment. This month is practically over and no 360 demo. 23 days. **** it, I don't even care about a demo now.

Actually, King of the Hill mode is for both consoles, the only exclusivity is that in addition to the tiny MK characters you can use in that mode, Xbox 360 users can also use their avatars in that mode. That's the only special thing we got, SO FAR.

You know... I'm not even mad about it. Just as long as Mortal Kombat stays multi platform for every generation of the game, I'm cool. I don't do online playing at all, so this whole PS3 favoritism or exclusive deals makes me feel uneasy about NRS going fulling exclusive in the future. Has that actually ever happened before with other games?

Well this was an interesting experiment. This month is practically over and no 360 demo. 23 days. **** it, I don't even care about a demo now.

Same here, I played it a bit at a friend's house and that was enough to quench my thirst, now it's all about the full game!

It's almost here dudes, still can't believe it!

I still want the demo. No guarantee I'll be able to get the game on release, and it's nice to have something to tide me over in the meantime. I just hope it comes sooner than later.

At this point, I hope one doesn't come out for 360. So when release day comes most people are on a level playing field (not including natural talent at fighting games - which I am at the bottom of the list).

If one does come out, I know I would just be getting crushed by JC, Scorpion, Sub Zero and Mileena online for a few weeks as I try to figure out Cyrax or someone not on the demo

EDIT: Actually I mean I hope one doesn't come out PRE release. If one come out the day of release or a week after, no big deal..it gives everyone a chance to try the game.

people who have both consoles will have the uper hand on the xbox then

At least they should give us different characters and stages, for example Scorpion and Sub Zero plus two other random characters (let's say Cyrax and Nightwolf).

I think march was all for the PS3, the demo, gameplay of kratos
well this month might be for the xbox because not only the demo is coming but ed boon hasnt denied that there is a exclusive character for the xbox. on twitter someone asked him if there is a exclusive character and ed boon said that he cant tell yet but even if we dont get the exclusive we still might get a exclusive dlc

i really dont care about exclusive stuff as long as its not mk content. all i want is the damn demo, or a demo release date.

I think if it isn't April 5th, like some have been saying, then they shouldn't release the demo.

It's way to late now.

I think if it isn't April 5th, like some have been saying, then they shouldn't release the demo.

It's way to late now.

I disagree with that. From a die hard, already pre-ordered months ago MK fan's perspective it may be to late. But the purpose of a demo is to entice players who don't know much about the game and/or are slightly interested and want to test the waters.

It is smarter to release a demo before launch, but if Sony penned a deal with WB there is nothing NRS can do about that. It was obviously a better business move to hold off the 360 demo or else they wouldn't have done it.

Honestly, I think 360 only owners are going to be disappointed if they get the same demo. At first it was a lot of fun but now after all the info is posted for them to read and seeing all of the footage they'll probably play it for a few days and be bored too. The demo doesn't really have any substance, you just get to play four fights. And learning the characters is pretty pointless since they're bound to change for the final game. It would've been a better demo if they included a sample of some of the other features.

There is one thing I do find a little interesting... I follow Carlos Pesina on Twitter, and this past week he has tweeted about him mokapping at NRS. What I find interesting is that the game releases in about 3 weeks, and they are still mokapping. Maybe, just maybe, he is mokapping for a 360 exclusive character which they got very late in development. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I just find it odd that in 3 weeks it releases and it has not gone gold yet.

I disagree with that. From a die hard, already pre-ordered months ago MK fan's perspective it may be to late. But the purpose of a demo is to entice players who don't know much about the game and/or are slightly interested and want to test the waters.

It is smarter to release a demo before launch, but if Sony penned a deal with WB there is nothing NRS can do about that. It was obviously a better business move to hold off the 360 demo or else they wouldn't have done it.
Yeah, agreed. If I was someone who wasn't sure on whether or not to buy the game or "what is this mortal kombat you speak of??" then I would still download the demo even on release day or after.

There is one thing I do find a little interesting... I follow Carlos Pesina on Twitter, and this past week he has tweeted about him mokapping at NRS. What I find interesting is that the game releases in about 3 weeks, and they are still mokapping. Maybe, just maybe, he is mokapping for a 360 exclusive character which they got very late in development. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I just find it odd that in 3 weeks it releases and it has not gone gold yet.

I smell an unfinished game that's going to be rushed out of the doors :\

And learning the characters is pretty pointless since they're bound to change for the final game.

What do you mean? Their moves will be exactly the same come game release. The only thing that may differ is the damage scaling and slight differences with what's allowed with some combos.