MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

Im really shocked that they have not released the 360 demo yet. We only have 25 days left until april 19th... maybe the demo will come out this coming up tuesday for the 360...

Hopefully it'll be coming for 360 players next Tuesday or the Tuesday after that.. But if it's 14-21 days away from the release and you still haven't gotten it, then I don't think you'll ever be getting it.

If it doesn´t come out next tuesday...I will lost hope :D

Somebody said this is one of the many rumored reason's why Our demo is not released yet. I got this off of another forum.

The reason why Xbox is not getting a demo until an unspecified date is because of the new Halo Map Pack being released. Halo is Xbox "bread and butter" and they make big money off of these map packs. They need people to stay focused on the Map Pack for a couple weeks and then they will release the demo for Xbox. It sucks to have to wait but at least we have Halo.

If 1/4 of all Halo users download the map pack @ 800 points they would be looking at half a million bucks give or take . Most of that money would be profit. Now if people are focused on a free MK demo (which would appeal to alot of Halo fans), money might be lost on an already heavily promoted DLC. Follow the money baby!

I for one find that to be Bull*** if that is true, Because Microsoft is a Multi-$BILLION$ dollar industry. But Hey, Like our freind said in his forum post."Follow The Money Baby!"

Last edited:

Somebody said this is one of the many rumored reason's why Our demo is not released yet. I got this off of another forum.

The reason why Xbox is not getting a demo until an unspecified date is because of the new Halo Map Pack being released. Halo is Xbox "bread and butter" and they make big money off of these map packs. They need people to stay focused on the Map Pack for a couple weeks and then they will release the demo for Xbox. It sucks to have to wait but at least we have Halo.

If 1/4 of all Halo users download the map pack @ 800 points they would be looking at half a million bucks give or take . Most of that money would be profit. Now if people are focused on a free MK demo (which would appeal to alot of Halo fans), money might be lost on an already heavily promoted DLC. Follow the money baby!

wow....i wanna stay positive in these forums but, seriously? Halo is postponing this demo?....wow....i feel like taking my xbox and throwing it out my window and buy a ps3 just because Microsoft is money hungry and makes us all pay for online. then sold us broken xboxs (red ring of death). like really?...these people have taken me to my last straw.......unbelievable.

I'm sorry, but whoever posted that is incorrect. Halo fans are going to buy the map pack whether or not a free demo is out for a game they might be interested in.

The only reasons I can guess would be A.) Certification. But I doubt it would take this long for that. Or B.) Sony bought timed exclusive rights. I see that as far more likely. Especially since we haven't really heard any X-box related news in terms of MK yet.

I for one find that to be Bull*** if that is true, Because Microsoft is a Multi-$BILLION$ dollar industry. But Hey, Like our freind said in his forum post."Follow The Money Baby!"

I'm not sure what's worse, the idiot who thought this up or the people on here who believe it.

People honestly think that a demo is going to keep people from buying the Halo map pack? Halo is the best selling exclusive title ever and is consistently towards the top of the list as most played games on Xbox Live. People will buy the map pack in droves regardless of when the MK demo drops. Does anybody honestly believe that Halo players will hold off on buying the map pack because they'll be playing the Mortal Kombat demo non stop? lol no...just no.

I realize this is an MK centric forum but if we're being realistic here MK holds nowhere near as much weight as Halo in the gaming community and a simple demo is not going to put a dent in Halo map pack sales. This is probably the dumbest "reason" for holding off on a demo that I've ever heard.

I'm sorry, but whoever posted that is incorrect. Halo fans are going to buy the map pack whether or not a free demo is out for a game they might be interested in.

The only reasons I can guess would be A.) Certification. But I doubt it would take this long for that. Or B.) Sony bought timed exclusive rights. I see that as far more likely. Especially since we haven't really heard any X-box related news in terms of MK yet.

Yeah, That's what i was thinking..Why would they just download the MK Demo and not what they just payed $20 for 1600 MSP for DLC For halo..That's just absurd..

And i doubt any of this is true..There are alot of "Holes" in that story..The best reason to believe is that Sony bought Exclusive timed right's to the demo, And Microsoft cannot do anything until there time is up..BUT DOES IT REALLY MATTER! 25 days until the game is released, And i read anyone's post who say's "A little demo time would be nice..To brush up on the game and get a head start on the competition" I agree with them..i also want a little bit of training time before i hit online. But hey..25 Day's left. We can wait guy's

wow....i wanna stay positive in these forums but, seriously? Halo is postponing this demo?....wow....i feel like taking my xbox and throwing it out my window and buy a ps3 just because Microsoft is money hungry and makes us all pay for online. then sold us broken xboxs (red ring of death). like really?...these people have taken me to my last straw.......unbelievable.

Hey, Throwing your xbox out of the window wouldnt do you anygood..Lol, This is just speculation by some guy. The Mortal kombat demo for PS3 is a timed exclusive, Sony bought right's to the Demo. When it comes down to it, by the time the Timed Exclusive for the PS3 runs out. The game will probably be in our 360's already. They probably paid WBIE (Warner Brother's Interactive Entertainment) enough to last until the game come's out. Nice move..Lmao

First post here on the forums, but yeah I do agree it's odd the demo isn't out yet for Xbox 360. I mean, sure its just a demo, but some people decide if a game is worth the purchase from trying out the game - hence a demo.

We may get lucky and get it next week, but known Microsoft we'll get it a month after the full game release. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

It is worth the wait. I have a PS3 and a 360. I love it for the PS3, but I know I would love it much much more for the 360.

Its not because of Halo guys, thats just stupid fanboy speculation. It has to be because of Sony's many CLEAR exclusivity deals. I dont know why some people are in denial of that, its clear thats whats happened to this game. Either way, its Microsoft's fault that this is happening to us.

i just want a release date is that to much to ask for ? if they said the demo isn't coming out until after the 19th i would be fine with it. its the not knowing thats pissing me off.

I honestly don't think they know what's happening either (in regards
to a timeframe/release date). PS3 demo got announced a week
before release, so it's safe to say we'll get a similar announcement
before the 360 demo is released.

i just want a release date is that to much to ask for ? if they said the demo isn't coming out until after the 19th i would be fine with it. its the not knowing thats pissing me off.
Just do what I did; just don't care anymore. haha. I no longer care about the demo, and I won't download it when it comes out. I can wait 24 days, especially now that I bought Soul Calibur IV, and I'm also creating MK characters in it =D

I've already gotten spoiled enough from people on here that don't know how to use spoiler tags and/or post in the spoilers forum. I think allowing spoilers on this forum in the first place was a bad idea. If they handed out bans for spoilers it would have gotten taken care of quickly.

I honestly don't think they know what's happening either (in regards
to a timeframe/release date). PS3 demo got announced a week
before release, so it's safe to say we'll get a similar announcement
before the 360 demo is released.
That's what I was thinking. I think they might give a release date this tuesday on the 29th and then it will come out on April 5th.

Its not because of Halo guys, thats just stupid fanboy speculation. It has to be because of Sony's many CLEAR exclusivity deals. I dont know why some people are in denial of that, its clear thats whats happened to this game. Either way, its Microsoft's fault that this is happening to us.

It's MS's fault that Sony dumped a bunch of cash in NRS's lap to gain exclusivity?

Just do what I did; just don't care anymore. haha. I no longer care about the demo, and I won't download it when it comes out. I can wait 24 days, especially now that I bought Soul Calibur IV, and I'm also creating MK characters in it =D

I've already gotten spoiled enough from people on here that don't know how to use spoiler tags and/or post in the spoilers forum. I think allowing spoilers on this forum in the first place was a bad idea. If they handed out bans for spoilers it would have gotten taken care of quickly.

That's what I was thinking. I think they might give a release date this tuesday on the 29th and then it will come out on April 5th.

I think you are right....I hope this tuesday..but it will be if they bring us a demo ...at the 5th april... I believe sony has the exklusive rights for march.