*SPOILER THREAD* Sub-Zero related thread

Taj Gill

Okay, so since people couldnt shut up about the Cyber Sub-Zero talk and all, the majority of the forum probably knows about it, whether they wanted to or not. So what this thread is made for is to discuss what YOU THINK is gonna happen with this character and who do you think it is.

If you know what happens already due to reading the entire story mode, leave this thread at once. This thread is for people who do not know and want to speculate whats gonna happen.

What I think is that this Cyber Sub-Zero is gonna be Bi-Han's body reanimated into a Cyborg. After reading the Noob bio and ending, there is no mention of Bi-Han's name, leading me to believe that Noob and Bi-Han are seperate entities in this game. Therefore, to keep Bi-Han in this game without being repetitive, they made him cyborg.

For his role in story mode, I think he is made to hunt down Kuai Liang. What are your thoughts?

AGAIN, IM GONNA SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME, IF YOU DO KNOW THE STORY OF THIS CYBER SUB-ZERO AND WHO HE IS, DO NOT POST HERE. THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF HIS EXISTENCE, BUT DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM, LIKE ME.

I can deal with change. I don't really know how they'll handle it, but I'm sure NRS and John Vogel will make this revelation natural.

I would agree with you Taj.. they are two seperate "entities". But from what your saying, i'm getting the feeling that you are saying that Noob isn't the elder Sub-Zero, as he always been.

Is that what your meaning, or am I just understanding you wrong?

Good thought about the automation thing though... It wouldn't make sense for the younger Sub to change his mind about the automation process just because Raiden goes back in time.

Edit: My thoughts = Elder Sub-Zero's body become cyborg, but his soul is still Noob..

If this were the case, this could be a very interesting plot twist down the road.

My thoughts = Elder Sub-Zero's body become cyborg, but his soul is still Noob..

If this were the case, this could be a very interesting plot twist down the road.

Thats what I meant to say, my bad bro.

And yes it could, in a way, I wont be mad if that were the case because Noob and Kuai Liang would still exist.

I would agree with you Taj.. they are two seperate "entities". But from what your saying, i'm getting the feeling that you are saying that Noob isn't the elder Sub-Zero, as he always been.

Is that what your meaning, or am I just understanding you wrong?

Good thought about the automation thing though... It wouldn't make sense for the younger Sub to change his mind about the automation process just because Raiden goes back in time.

Edit: My thoughts = Elder Sub-Zero's body become cyborg, but his soul is still Noob..

I thinking your right thisbleaves the possibility of noon fusing with cyber sub if noob is still elder subs soul

Thats what I meant to say, my bad bro.

And yes it could, in a way, I wont be mad if that were the case because Noob and Kuai Liang would still exist.

Man... I could see this turning into this huge world domination thing for Noob.

Noob sees himself only now as a cyborg.

First he destroys the Lin Kuei.

Next he destroys his brother for allowing this to happen.

Then he destroys Scorpion for killing him... and the list would go on.

I saw this twitter post from Ed Boon.

Spoiler:

@noobde via TWitter said:
RT @Subzero8025 Is Sub really becoming a cyborg? Im literally nervous. Noobde: Haven't u played the demo? Looks human 2 me.

Do you think he's serious, or just being Ed Boon?
If he is serious, do you think they just put him as a challenge in the Challenge Tower, like the Tarkatans and Zombies we saw in the Challenge Tower video, and not story mode???

it could be possible, that this can be a "new" Sub-Zero... the next generation

Bi-Han is still Noob Saibot

Kuai Liang is still the human Sub-Zero

and a new guy from the Lin Kuei is going to be transformed into a Cyborg. Sub-Zero is just a codename for a assassin who controls ice, so they can be thousands of Sub-Zero's... I think...

but it is also possible, that this time Kuai Liang will be transformed into a Cyborg and Smoke can escape... so they're changing the rolls...

Yeah to my knowledge the only Cryomancers in the Lin Kuei are Bi-Han and Kuai Liang. Being that Cryomancers are extremely rare and the two brothers are only half Cryomancers my guess is that the young Sub-Zero is the one in question here. Since Bi-Han is a Wraith (unless Noob is someone altogether different) my guess is once a Wraith always a Wraith.

Sorry but your speculations don't make much sense. What I think happens is that for some reason Sub-Zero is captured instead of Smoke. I came to this conclusion because, for starters, in MK3-MKT, it is stated that both Sub-Zero and Smoke ran from the Lin Kuei, but Smoke was captured. Since this is an alternate retelling, it would make sense for Sub-Zero to be captured. Also, both Smoke and Human Smoke were playable in the old games, which means that both Sub-Zero's could be playable as well. I determined that the original Sub-Zero is still Noob Saibot because he simply says, "We may be blood, but we are not family." And for the record, the original Sub-Zero was going to be originally playable in this game. In his profile on the official site, it said that he was resurrected as himself and he wanted revenge on Scorpion for killing him. They soon changed this when his story video came out and revealed that it was the younger brother again. One more thing. On the original site, it was stated that Sub-Zero's original codename was Tundra, before taking on his brothers. This means that there's only one Sub-Zero, by name I mean. Not many.

Last edited:
Sorry but your speculations don't make much sense. What I think happens is that for some reason Sub-Zero is captured instead of Smoke. I came to this conclusion because, for starters, in MK3-MKT, it is stated that both Sub-Zero and Smoke ran from the Lin Kuei, but Smoke was captured. Since this is an alternate retelling, it would make sense for Sub-Zero to be captured. Also, both Smoke and Human Smoke were playable in the old games, which means that both Sub-Zero's could be playable as well. I determined that the original Sub-Zero is still Noob Saibot because he simply says, "We may be blood, but we are not family." And for the record, the original Sub-Zero was going to be originally playable in this game. In his profile on the official site, it said that he was resurrected as himself and he wanted revenge on Scorpion for killing him. They soon changed this when his story video came out and revealed that it was the younger brother again. One more thing. On the original site, it was stated that Sub-Zero's original codename was Tundra, before taking on his brothers. This means that there's only one Sub-Zero, by name I mean. Not many.

So what does your post have anything to do with the Lin Kuei being able to re-animate Bi-Han's BODY?

WHAT THE ****, I FULLY SAID IN MY FIRST POST THAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, GET OUT OF THIS GODDAMNED THREAD. Mods, I know you deleted his post, but please ban the user "Freeze" if youre reading this. And delete asddgd's reply please, that still includes the spoiler which I READ.

WHAT THE ****, I FULLY SAID IN MY FIRST POST THAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, GET OUT OF THIS GODDAMNED THREAD. Mods, I know you deleted his post, but please ban the user "Freeze" if youre reading this. And delete asddgd's reply please, that still includes the spoiler which I READ.

Geezus... WTF is people's problems.

Edit: I'm agreeing with you Taj, not disagreeing.

I have no idea what happens, zombie lui kang was in armageddon. everyone already knows about cyber sub-zero which i didnt give any info on

I understand that the guy messed up, but let's be a little nicer about it. Report the post and move on. The op deleted his own post, if that makes it any better.

i do not see any spoiler info in my posts at all

No, but you quoted someone who revealed a spoiler that I specifically said not to reveal in this post. Freeze messed up, he realized that what he did was wrong as Jeff said and deleted his own post which was the correct thing to do, but before he did that, you quoted his spoiler, hence I could still see what happened. You shouldnt have quoted his post.

EDIT: Sorry for calling you out Freeze, I didnt know you deleted your post yourself. Post again so I can +rep you.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, only scanned through the thread briefly before I posted. Dumb move on my part. I deleted what I wrote soon after (with in ten minutes of writing it after I went back and read the whole thread) but someone had already quoted my post, quickly too if I might add. It always works that way- Murphy's law.

The whole scenario where Smoke and Sub run off, and Sub gets captured instead of Smoke seems the most plausible. It would make sense why there is no (confirmed anyway) cyber Smoke.

Last edited:
The whole scenario where Smoke and Sub run off, and Sub gets captured instead of Smoke seems the most plausible. It would make sense why there is no (confirmed anyway) cyber Smoke.

Thats what I think since this is a retelling but I also think it could be Bi Hans body im 50/50 on that concept right now, guess ill find out when the game comes...CANT WAIT!!