walking jab infinite

Played the demo over a friend's house, I didn't see anybody make a thread yet talking about how scorpion can walk jab and keep you in blockstun, it's rediculous and completely ruins the demo if exploited. I hope this is not in the final game but i'm expecting it to be.

Somebody who has the demo should try it so you can see what i'm talking about.

you are literally LOCKED in block stun, all scorpion has to do is walk jab walk jab walk jab walk jab

UPDATE

PLEASE READ

Okay. I tested it out with my friend.
I want you all to know that frame testing isn't new to me and I know what I'm talking about.
Johnny Cage's frame advantage jab isn't a problem in the slightest. It's part of his gameplay. His jab is a high with frame advantage and could be ducked or low jabbed out of afterward if he feels like doing it again. If you decide to jab Johnny directly after you block his jab, and he decides to do any other move besides jab, your move will beat out Johnny's slower move. This means that Johnny's jab gives at most +1 or +2 on block. Not a big deal at all. Most Tekken characters have this.

Scorpion's jab has frame advantage AND hits people while they are ducking. This is officially a giant game flaw.

If Scorpion jabs at the right time every time, it's impossible to jab out of, low jab out of, low toe kick out of.... his jab also gives around +1 or +2 on block but it doesn't matter. If it hits both high and low guard it is a SEVERELY unbalanced move. If after you read this you still don't think its a big deal, then you're not understanding the gravity of how gamebreaking it is. All Scorpion will have to do to win is jab.

Jumping backwards does not work. The jab will catch you and will enter you into a juggle.

Backdashing works but its excruciating. You have to do a tiny backdash, then block, then do a tiny backdash, then block. If the Scorpion player plays correctly, he'll eventually force the opponent into the corner(if they don't have a teleport) very very quickly and very very effortlessly. Your choices are to die by chip damage, pointlessly try to interrupt him with one of your moves, or get juggled to death by jabs. Period.

This is possibly the first actual exploit found in the demo. Thank Sleepy McNaperson for bringing it to our attention.

We shouldn't worry though. This is easily fixed. They don't even have to change the frames on block for Scorpion's jab, they just need to make it a high attack so it could be ducked. That is all. They don't even have to change the animation of the jab either because it already LOOKS like a high. Even if it makes it into the final build of the game NRS will take it out in no time. It'd be nice if someone made a video of it with an audio explanation stating why its so game breaking and send it to NRS's youtube channel or one of the developer's twitter accounts.

Let it be known though, that this is an actual issue.

EDIT: Sleepy McNaperson, if you want you could quote this post on the original post of the thread. And +rep to you dude for finding this nonsense.

Thanks to NothingRhymesWithCircus, for this post, Thanks to DCP for being patient and working with me even when it looked like I was wrong, special thanks to Osu16bit for pointing out to us all it's still in the PAX build. Thanks to everyone else as well who has taken time to spread this information and post here. We want this game to great, hopefully our voice can be heard

Last edited:
you are literally LOCKED in block stun, all scorpion has to do is walk jab walk jab walk jab walk jab

Never happened to me, and my stepdad plays the shit out of Scorpion on the demo. Can you tell me the inputs required for Scorpion? PLus you do know that you can pull off a breaker against any hit. Not just combos.

This is actually pretty impossible dude. Unless Scorpion's jab on block gives +15 frames I highly doubt it. And it doesn't....

You could definitely backdash, low jab... alot of things. Keep testing it out you'll see.

Really DCP? I guess that's just another thing that boon lied about. He said you can only perform a breaker mid-combo.

it's an older build so the breakers may still work on the first hit at this point. Don't forget this build is pretty old.

This is actually pretty impossible dude. Unless Scorpion's jab on block gives +15 frames I highly doubt it. And it doesn't....

You could definitely backdash, low jab... alot of things. Keep testing it out you'll see.

I was just trying low jab and it didn't work.

it's an older build so the breakers may still work on the first hit at this point. Don't forget this build is pretty old.

dude if you need a breaker to get out of a block string this game is ****ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he was playing with his 5 year old brother who only knows how to walk and hit 1 button over and over.
And Sleepy had no counter for it. -jk

didnt work for me, but assuming it does work i hope the demo isn't based off of the final game build. Because saying you brought in tourney level players come in and play test. Then find out that a basic sub zero combo glitches/wiff's and that scorpion has a walking jab infinite on block stun is embarrassing

Last edited:
sigh....so according to the Pax tweet guy OSu16 bit this problem hasn't been fixed, at least in the Pax build, he tweeted

"The scorpion jab infinite is still in this build"

man...i hope this game really does end up tournament worthy, even if it doesn't you can't have garbage like this in there, this is just unacceptable, it's a shame because they've done such a great job on everything else. how can you miss the fact a character can jab forever trapping someone in block stun???????? how did they miss this??? it would be a shame for all of their hard work to succumb to this.

I pray it's not in the final build

Well it would kinda help if you let me know the button input for this so-called jab.

And Immortal, yeah I'm sure of it because you can block hits leading into combos to prevent the combo from even happening.

Can't ya'll see this guy Sleepy is a troll...lol

He's probably some Weaboo freak who's mad MK is about to take over the fighting world from Lolitas and Schoolgirls with fireballs.

Can't ya'll see this guy Sleepy is a troll...lol

He's probably some Weaboo freak who's mad MK is about to take over the fighting world from Lolitas and Schoolgirls with fireballs.

actually I'm not, i love Mk, i want this game to be good, i want it to be tournament worthy, I want this to restore MK's reputation, I'm tired of Sf fans bashing Mk, i want this game to be taken seriously, however with a walking jab infinite it never will lol. oh and i'm sorry DCP i don't know how to do the jab infinite, my friend did it to me and the computer in the arcade ladder, he won all four fights by trapping the cpu in block stun and chipping them away with scorpions jab.

i assume the way you do it is the hit jab, press forward, hit jab, press foward, repeat. i may be wrong, he may have been dash canceling, or he may have just been mashing jab (which i doubt, it's probably the one of the other two methods) when i find out from him i'll post the input commands for you. but just experiment, it shouldn't be hard to do. the cpu on expert couldn't escape it, the only way out is a breaker. he literally won all four fights this way, and when we played in vs i couldn't get out either unless he messed up or i wasted a breaker. just try it man, standing jab (and walking forwad with each jab i assume) it shouldn't be hard. you'll know you've got it when the cpu can't stop it and will let you chip them away the whole round.

so yea just pick scorpion and try this out, not just DCP but anybody with the demo.

actually I'm not, i love Mk, i want this game to be good, i want it to be tournament worthy, I want this to restore MK's reputation, I'm tired of Sf fans bashing Mk, i want this game to be taken seriously, however with a walking jab infinite it never will lol. oh and i'm sorry DCP i don't know how to do the jab infinite, my friend did it to me and the computer in the arcade ladder, he won all four fights by trapping the cpu in block stun and chipping them away with scorpions jab.

i assume the way you do it is the hit jab, press forward, hit jab, press foward, repeat. i may be wrong, he may have been dash canceling, or he may have just been mashing jab (which i doubt, it's probably the one of the other two methods) when i find out from him i'll post the input commands for you. but just experiment, it shouldn't be hard to do. the cpu on expert couldn't escape it, the only way out is a breaker. he literally won all four fights this way, and when we played in vs i couldn't get out either unless he messed up or i wasted a breaker. just try it man, standing jab (and walking forwad with each jab i assume) it shouldn't be hard. you'll know you've got it when the cpu can't stop it and will let you chip them away the whole round.

so yea just pick scorpion and try this out, not just DCP but anybody with the demo.

Well first off the AI in this demo is horrible, even on expert. I can beat the four characters in the ladder in less than 4 minutes. If he "block stunned" the computer it wasn't because it's a cheap method or a glitch, to put it simply the computer is just stupid, haha. And not to say you aren't skilled, but there are A LOT of ways to escape being hit. Backdashing, Breakers, moves that are quicker than your opponents. For example nothing (at least not in the demo) beats Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick up close in terms of speed. You just have to get familiar with the game, and know when to use what.

DCP you are underestimating me, i been playing fighting games my whole life lol, street figher, tekken, the vs series, bloody roar, soul calibur, killer instinct, my fav MK and plus many more. I'm 22 years old, i play video games on the regular lol. You really think I am so incompetent that i dont know how to get out of a simple jab my friend? i know all about the techniques you listed, they don't work. Maybe i was doing something wrong, again i only got to play the demo that one day at my friends house, but i doubt it man. the only way to get out is a breaker, it's a mistake that needs to be corrected thats all. but come on man give me more credit than that. you really think i just didn't know how to get out of someone abusing jab lol? you can't! it's simple as that. even the guy in the twitter commented on it was still in the game,

i'm not just making this up or whining my friend. Try for yourself and see, have someone do it to you if you have a friend over to play, or you do it to someone. I'll post the inputs as soon as i hear from my friend, i would be grateful if i was wrong and you can get out of it, but it does not seem to be the case my dude. Just try it for youself.

oh and side note, my friend played other people besides me and did it to them and said they couldn't get out of it either. you are TRAPPED in blockstun man. he can chip you until you die unless you waste a breaker

Last edited by a moderator:
DCP you are underestimating me, i been playing fighting games my whole life lol, street figher, tekken, the vs series, bloody roar, soul calibur, killer instinct, my fav MK and plus many more. I'm 22 years old, i play video games on the regular lol. You really think I am so incompetent that i dont know how to get out of a simple jab my friend? i know all about the techniques you listed, they don't work. Maybe i was doing something wrong, again i only got to play the demo that one day at my friends house, but i doubt it man. the only way to get out is a breaker, it's a mistake that needs to be corrected thats all. but come on man give me more credit than that. you really think i just didn't know how to get out of someone abusing jab lol? you can't! it's simple as that. even the guy in the twitter commented on it was still in the game,

i'm not just making this up or whining my friend. Try for yourself and see, have someone do it to you if you have a friend over to play, or you do it to someone. I'll post the inputs as soon as i hear from my friend, i would be grateful if i was wrong and you can get out of it, but it does not seem to be the case my dude. Just try it for youself.

It's not that I'm underestimating you, it's just I've been playing the hell out of this game, and so far I haven't come across this. I'm about to test it now.

Umm.. yeah no, sorry there is no walking jab infinite. I went through Scorpions entire single move and basic combo list and I could easily block and retaliate by just timing when to release the block button. You have to know when to let go and which hit your character pulls off the fastest. For example, Scorpion Vs. Johnny you can jab me all day with Scorpion and if I block and release at the right time my (Square, Square, Square) combo beats Scorpions jab every time. Scorpion Vs. Sub-Zero Sub's Triangle Punch hits Scorpion before he can pull off another jab. I've seriously tried everything. Until you get those exact inputs I'm gonna have to disagree with you man.

Last edited:
Okay, after that last comment I went on the game and tried it out. At first I suspected Sleepy was not understanding that Scorpion's jab has the possibility of having frame advantage on block. Which means if it was Scorpion Vs Scorpion, and Scorpion#1 jabbed S#2's block, then RIGHT after he blocked it went for a jab but the S#1 went in for a jab too, the S#1's jab would win out, because of the frame advantage on block.

Frame advantage jabs aren't foreign to fighting games. But to balance them out they are highs. So even if the opponent is at a +1frame advantage in your face, you could still hit him with any move that ducks you, or backdash. Johnny Cage has a frame advantage jab, another frame advantage high after his Forward X, and a frame advantage that hits both high and low blockers in his Square,X,Triangle(but it spaces the opponent out, even if he's pressed against the wall). So the opponent against Johnny isn't helpless to the point that he could only backdash.

But then I went on VS mode by myself(my buddy isn't here) and I saw that Scorpions jab hit both high gaurd and low gaurd..... it's not a high.....

If Scorpion's jab DOES have frame advantage on block, even if its a +1 frame advantage.... then this is an actual problem guys. Sure you could still back dash out of him doing it. But if you were to get against a wall you'd be helpless. I'm not saying this is for sure, it's impossible for me to test it by myself because I only have two hands. But could someone please test if Scorpion's jab has frame advantage on block.

It's a mid... and it's his fastest move... if it has frame advantage this is a legitimate problem. Someone with a friend please test it out.

Okay, after that last comment I went on the game and tried it out. At first I suspected Sleepy was not understanding that Scorpion's jab has the possibility of having frame advantage on block. Which means if it was Scorpion Vs Scorpion, and Scorpion#1 jabbed S#2's block, then RIGHT after he blocked it went for a jab but the S#1 went in for a jab too, the S#1's jab would win out, because of the frame advantage on block.

Frame advantage jabs aren't foreign to fighting games. But to balance them out they are highs. So even if the opponent is at a +1frame advantage in your face, you could still hit him with any move that ducks you, or backdash. Johnny Cage has a frame advantage jab, another frame advantage high after his Forward X, and a frame advantage that hits both high and low blockers in his Square,X,Triangle(but it spaces the opponent out, even if he's pressed against the wall). So the opponent against Johnny isn't helpless to the point that he could only backdash.

But then I went on VS mode by myself(my buddy isn't here) and I saw that Scorpions jab hit both high gaurd and low gaurd..... it's not a high.....

If Scorpion's jab DOES have frame advantage on block, even if its a +1 frame advantage.... then this is an actual problem guys. Sure you could still back dash out of him doing it. But if you were to get against a wall you'd be helpless. I'm not saying this is for sure, it's impossible for me to test it by myself because I only have two hands. But could someone please test if Scorpion's jab has frame advantage on block.

It's a mid... and it's his fastest move... if it has frame advantage this is a legitimate problem. Someone with a friend please test it out.

Which jab I'm so confused, just a regular Square Jab? What am I missing here?

EDIT: Ok I know what's going on now. This is ONLY a problem if you're deep in a corner. Anywhere else it can be countered by jumping back, backdashing, etc.

Last edited:
Well DCP seems to have concluded that i was wrong but let me ask you DCP did you try this with two people? i don't think it's the same man unless YOU are the one on the defensive end of it. i don't know, i'll try what you said next time i'm with my friend, maybe i was doing something wrong but i'm still on the fence about it. and yea NothingRhymesWithCircus, good post, wish i could help you but i'm not with my friend right now.

Next time i play i'll figure something out and update you guys, hopefully before then my friend will text me back the command inputs and we can get to the bottom of this.

Which jab I'm so confused, just a regular Square Jab? What am I missing here?

Yea just square.

Next time i play i'll figure something out and update you guys, hopefully before then my friend will text me back the command inputs and we can get to the bottom of this.

Command inputs? Its just press Square in the rhythm that the jab comes out as soon as it can and hold forward.

This is actually bothering me now... I'm calling my buddy over. I doubt they'd overlook something so ridiculous.
In either case... why the **** is Scorpion's jab a mid? Wtf? Seriously?

Well DCP seems to have concluded that i was wrong but let me ask you DCP did you try this with two people? i don't think it's the same man unless YOU are the one on the defensive end of it. i don't know, i'll try what you said next time i'm with my friend, maybe i was doing something wrong but i'm still on the fence about it. and yea NothingRhymesWithCircus, good post, wish i could help you but i'm not with my friend right now.

You weren't entirely wrong. It is avoidable, and very easily. You can counter it by jumping back (most effective way in my opinion) and just getting back up with a quick move (Example is JC's Shadow Kick). Do not allow yourself to get in a corner and you're good, you don't have to worry about this. Hopefully they change this however does kinda suck for the newer players who more than likely will get caught in a corner once in a while.