Negative Aspects of the Game

Taj Gill

Alright, for the record, this thread is not like any of those other retarded threads meant for simply stating what you dont like about the upcoming MK game, or flaming it.

What this thread IS FOR is discussing what potential flaws this game has, in the eyes of the fans. Any gameplay, presentation, audio, etc. flaws that you do not like should be discussed here. The reason for this is that the demo has come out, obviously they probably have time to make patches, so anything that you dont like should be discussed here. Who knows which of the 2000 people that were on the forums today were people from NRS, anyone could be on this site daily.

Since this game just looks epic already, I am not gonna bother making a positive aspects thread, because why would you need to improve something thats positive lol. The goal is to make sure this is definitely the most perfect next gen MK ever created.

So, people, especially people with demos ATM, what should we expect thats not necessarily good, and how can NRS improve the game?

i agree its more important to give constructive critasism than praise the game, problem is you pick a fault and get shot down for nitpicking, anyways, id say the characters body proportions and anatomy, eg scorpions big round wooden dummy looking shoulders :)

The gameplay... IS AMAZZZZZINGGGGG. IM IN LOVE WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

One bug I found already though. As Johnny Cage you could spam energy balls on the computers on the highest difficulty and they will just block every single one of them just standing there. Since there is chip damage on block, you could win the whole ladder on Expert by just spamming balls and chip damaging.

Other than that.... OMGFFMGMMMGMMFMM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First let me start off with things I noticed that surprised me in a good way....

* Mileena's fatality shows that the 'half-head' cut point DOES exist.
* More blood and very cool sound effects added to torso rips.
* End video shows some great effects such as lava-face! My favorite so far.

Things I noticed that bug me...

* Uppercuts sound and feel weak. Not like the hard hitting power move of MKII.
* Classic combos do not seem to be working. i.e. Scorpion's jump kick to spear, Mileena's jump kick to roll, Johnny's jump kick to shadow kick. (Maybe I'm missing something)
* X-Ray moves are TOO simple to pull off. I kinda wish these were programmed like Super Moves, making it very special when they are successfully pulled off.

they need to fix sub zero's slide after you jump kick, sometimes it hits, but most of the time you slide right thru them with out hurting

if your down, the slide should always connect

Only real negative I see so far, other than it is not out yet, is the fighter intros see too long and redundant. Other than that I am very very pleased.

The overall of this demo is so awesome!!
Only problems i had were sound was to low and the anouncer guy needs to be more
Mk feeling i feel like he says round 1 fight to fast and fatality
And pump up the fatality music in the background

they need to fix sub zero's slide after you jump kick, sometimes it hits, but most of the time you slide right thru them with out hurting

if your down, the slide should always connect

* Classic combos do not seem to be working. i.e. Scorpion's jump kick to spear, Mileena's jump kick to roll, Johnny's jump kick to shadow kick. (Maybe I'm missing something)
* X-Ray moves are TOO simple to pull off. I kinda wish these were programmed like Super Moves, making it very special when they are successfully pulled off.

These are very good legitimate concerns and are the ones that should be sent to NRS. Character appearance and whatnot is really all a matter of opinion. I like these gameplay concerns and hope a list can be compiled of things like this.

i've been whining about this since the first gameplay videos. some things are too awesome to be messed with. case in point, the over the top uppercuts and roundhouses; the awwwws and ooohhhhhs that people made when they'd get hit. that's mortal kombat. in mk1, when liu kang connects with his air kick it's very expressive and the power is visible and audible. the danger chime should be in this game, and it isn't. again, you've talked about the classic combos. well, they probably are wonky cuz the jump kicks hit too damn low by default. so, whenever you jump in on someone the kick will always hit deep instead of high, so there is way less time to input your other moves.

Yes! Thank you!

The game looks and feels awsome, like some of you had said, the power uppercuts and roundhouses are lacking, the always popular DANGER is missing, some of the special moves are different from mk1,2 and 3. the layout of the controllers are different. The music it was too low and for what i heard the living forest music is the same as mk2, i would rather wanted to be a new one and darker. The classic combos are not in, i tried to pull off the classic Scorpion combo, jump kick, dissapear, spear, uppercuts and nothing, I don't know if i'm too slow but what the hell can wait for the full version. It is insane.

LET MORTAL KOMBAT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a shame to hear that some klassic combos are out or faulty, though it's not too surprising as the moves mentioned seemed to stem from combos now rather than jump kicks and we've all seen how they are trying to emphasize chains. I agree though, if you're opponent is down it should always hit! I figured the X-Rays would be simple to pull off since it makes them easier to incorporate into combos and NRS wants the game more accessible than ever(Fatality trainer!?). Here's hoping they add some kick to the uppercut and roundhouse sound fx before release.

First let me start off with things I noticed that surprised me in a good way....

* Mileena's fatality shows that the 'half-head' cut point DOES exist.
* More blood and very cool sound effects added to torso rips.
* End video shows some great effects such as lava-face! My favorite so far.

Totally agree with your post.

Did they just get rid of any jump in kick combos? It seems when you jump kick someone the angle and distance they hit the ground would make it impossible to do any of the classic combos.

Melted lava face is the coolest Fatality I've seen so far.

Hopkick teleport spear still works on scorp and ball roll hop kick sai toss still works with mileena. Overall besides the nostalgic nitpicks I think there are really no complaints.

Only thing I see wrong is not being able to finish a combo,I want the running button back,so I can finish my attack.

Did they take out the roundhouse kick that knocks your opponent to the other end of the screen? That was one of my favorite MK moves!

Yeah, It makes them turn their back and stumble away instead but this leaves them open for a spear or freeze ball.

I agree with everyone so far..

Old combo's are hard to pull off. And my BIGGEST gripe is..

Intro and Outro animations before and after the fight get very repetative quickly!!
I wish it was more like SF where You would see your fighter do something different depending on how much health you had at the end of the fight. 1/3rd , 2/3rds, Flawless But its always the same animation.

But let me get this clear.

This game is 98% Good 2% Bad

Last edited: