My impressions on the amazing Mk demo. not what i expected, in a good way

AriesSiren

wow, it really is amazing, the pit fatality is kinda blah, but the fatalities look great in HD. the game doesn't play, in my opinion, like mk2 but more like mk3. the biggest YAY!!! for me was removing that aweful spamming jump punch pop up from MK vs DC that was annoying. the one where you just hit up and punch so you could not move and get popped up. its gone. so jumping is much more refined and technical. the game is so polished its amazing. but suprisingly complex. you really need to be creative and create your own combos. 3 hits is all you get to start. the rest is up to you and that is a great choice for people like me who HATE dial-a-combos.
some warnings though, mileenas roll is back down, thats going to take getting used to. wish it was down forward like a fireball. and some of her moves required triangle and square together which is awkward on a controller. I HIGHLY SERIOUSLY suggest you get an arcade stick because you cant configure/map 2 buttons to one button ala soul cal 4 or tekken. you have to turn your thumb sideways for that move then re adjust. big pain.
overall im really excited to play the full version and get a fresh start. even if your the bomb at fighters, this one is going to take awhile to master, you can even have button presets saved for each fighter!!! so mileena can have one button config. while sub has another that suits you. so good luck and PRACTICE PRACTICE man, this is the real deep MK we have been waiting for. thank you ed boon n team. p.s. sub zero is graphically striking out of the 4 fighters. his blues pop big time and he looks great. the game is very colorful. in closing its an awesome bloodbath with true depth. Bring on Sindel!!!

jeary this isnt english 101, lose the attitude, if you dont like my posts, dont read them. there's always someone trolling, never ends. sad.

Last edited:
Official demo thread?? That dude made that with adsense code.. code just got removed. you can post anywhere u want to first poster!

The game is very good. If you have been playing Marvel vs. Capcom a lot, it is a nice departure of the games frantic pace. It reminds me a lot of part 2 and part 3 combined. The inclusion of the run button makes it feel a little slower then Mk3 but once you get into the meat and potatoes of the game it has a lot more depth. I have been learning Sub-Zeros moves and they are impressive. A nice mix up of highs and lows to confuse your opponent and his Ice abilities let him get closer to the opponent with ease. The games combo system takes some getting use to. It is actually harder to pull of the custom combos then you think. I thought the game would be a tad floaty but luckily it was not and forces you to move fast and clean to perform the combos effectively.

Here is a good combo that I have leaned with Sub-Zero. It is easy to perform and effective. It is a 11 hit combo. You can jump in with Back Punch to start the combo. You can even freeze your opponent with Sub-Zero to make it easier.

Front Punch, Front kick, Iceball,double tap Forward, Jump strait up with Back Punch, double tap forward, Front Punch, double tap forward, Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch, Enhanced Attack- Power Slide or just regular power slide if don't have any bars left.

Remember it has to be performed fast and clean. It is a good combo with Sub-Zero because you can use variations of the combo with other moves. You can start it off from the air, the ground, and with one of Sub-Zero's freezes.

This combo is a variation of Sub-Zero's last big combo in his trailer video. The way I perform it is easier to perform then the trailer combo and adds a extra hit. It also looks cooler because there is more Ice components to the combo. Enjoy!!!

If want to perform it exactly like the trailer at the end of combo instead of Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch, Enhanced Attack- Power Slide. Do this- Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick, Enhanced Power slide. This way you have to do the Enhanced Power Slide or the combo won't work. You have to be close to the edge to I believe. The way I perform the combo you can do it from anywhere on screen.

The combo is at 1 min exactly in his trailer video. Not his story video.

Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick is how they reference the buttons.

I want to download this on the 15th (if I have time) and to play it. Everyone is saying its amazing and though it sucks I don't have PSN+, Its hard to get excited after so many mediocre games. So now I play the waiting game, waiting till the game is released on the Download front so I can go and download it.

The game is very good. If you have been playing Marvel vs. Capcom a lot, it is a nice departure of the games frantic pace. It reminds me a lot of part 2 and part 3 combined. The inclusion of the run button makes it feel a little slower then Mk3 but once you get into the meat and potatoes of the game it has a lot more depth. I have been learning Sub-Zeros moves and they are impressive. A nice mix up of highs and lows to confuse your opponent and his Ice abilities let him get closer to the opponent with ease. The games combo system takes some getting use to. It is actually harder to pull of the custom combos then you think. I thought the game would be a tad floaty but luckily it was not and forces you to move fast and clean to perform the combos effectively.

Here is a good combo that I have leaned with Sub-Zero. It is easy to perform and effective. It is a 11 hit combo. You can jump in with Back Punch to start the combo. You can even freeze your opponent with Sub-Zero to make it easier.

Front Punch, Front kick, Iceball,double tap Forward, Jump strait up with Back Punch, double tap forward, Front Punch, double tap forward, Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch, Enhanced Attack- Power Slide or just regular power slide if don't have any bars left.

Remember it has to be performed fast and clean. It is a good combo with Sub-Zero because you can use variations of the combo with other moves. You can start it off from the air, the ground, and with one of Sub-Zero's freezes.

This combo is a variation of Sub-Zero's last big combo in his trailer video. The way I perform it is easier to perform then the trailer combo and adds a extra hit. It also looks cooler because there is more Ice components to the combo. Enjoy!!!

If want to perform it exactly like the trailer at the end of combo instead of Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch, Enhanced Attack- Power Slide. Do this- Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick, Enhanced Power slide. This way you have to do the Enhanced Power Slide or the combo won't work. You have to be close to the edge to I believe. The way I perform the combo you can do it from anywhere on screen.

The combo is at 1 min exactly in his trailer video. Not his story video.

Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick is how they reference the buttons.

This doesn't help me yet (due to being a 360 user), but I find this post insightful and quite helpful for when I am able to get my hands on it. + Rep from me =D

great post mkfan4ever. sub is next on my list he is just so cool looking. your right. the game is very different from what i was expecting. Was a shock. took a break, came back to it and was doing much better. it's like a new mk altogether, i love it.

Here are my impressions also. I finally got to check it out. I think it's going to be a great game, although the demo was very short unfortunately. I only had a few small complaints and those were, mileena's outfit being way too slutty. She almost looks like a transvestite, and i'm no prude. But my girlfriend's exact quote was "now that's unecessary, she looks like a tranny" Then it hit me.. she does! I understand there are other costumes, but the slutty ones need to go. They should not be default, i'm not a horney 17 year old anymore. Also the character selection screen music and overall look and reminds very much of mortal kombat deception or deadly alliance.. which isn't that bad I guess.. It's got that mk deception guitar going (or was it deadly alliace) the game almost feels like an advanced version of one of those games (da, deception).. especially now that they are adding the krypt and all, which I loved. But I guess I just expected it to feel.. totally different. It's still very good though. The only other thing i noticed was in mirror matches, it'd be nice if the characters said something different to eachother, instead of just repeating the exact quote, and doing the same animation entering the fight. Overall fun to see.. but short. I'm not a huge fan of the constant "dashing" animation, but I can live with it, movements do feel a bit clunky.. jump kicks to me just don't feel right and I liked them much better in the old 2d games. The backgrounds are awesome, overall still excited about this, I just wish the demo had 2 more levels, 1 more character, and multiplayer.. It is very short for spending $18 on psn plus. Now that I have it, I would say watch a video of it on youtube of it and wait 7 days for the release, I wouldn't pay $18 to play 7 more days of this unfortunately, it's just too short. The ending video is cool though, and I am a huge fan.

But please put some cloths on the females an shrink their boobs a tad, It looks horrible! Does anyone agree?

I spent the $17 bucks for the plus, I'm not patient at all. I was playing through as scorpion, feeling a little buyer's remorse onset, until....WOW!! that little montage at the end, wholly sh!t dude! Seeing that in HD made it all worth it. A little disappointed I didn't get to fight Goro though :( dang 41 day's to go. Back to the hyperbolic sleeping chamber:zzz: