MK 1: Did it ever get a proper port?

goddamn every1 here's real old haha, the Deception KE had a very good port of MK1, imho I think its one of the best, the one on the pc however was really good too.

Why is it that the Genesis port is so much better? I wouldn't know because I never had any version of MK3 back when I had a Sega.

This is MK1, though.

MK1 was better on Sega Genesis than SNES, imo, because the A,B,A,C,A,B,B (blood code) or D,U,L,L,A,R,D code gave us a port that was pretty close to the Arcade version.
MK1 on SNES just felt odd with most the Fatalities being censored (except Sonya and Scorpion's) and the blood being changed up for "sweat."
I do like Raiden's SNES Fatality where he turns the opponent into a pile of ash, though. :laugh:

OK so right around Sega Genesis release there was a PC port by the same developer Probe. It was the nearly arcade perfect for that time. Graphically indistinguishable from the arcade but used midi music which was not quite the same as the arcade. 2 years later after MK2 had released to arcades a very rare PC-ROM version was released in I think 1993 that had every sfx and CD quality audio of the arcade music. It was probably the closest you could get to owning the arcade at home. Now your best option is M.A.M.E. which is basically running the arcade code.

Why is it that the Genesis port is so much better? I wouldn't know because I never had any version of MK3 back when I had a Sega.

MK3 played better on the Genesis than the SNES as well, IMHO. That's all preference, though; the 6-button blows the SNES pad out of the water for me.

This is MK1, though.

MK1 was better on Sega Genesis than SNES, imo, because the A,B,A,C,A,B,B (blood code) or D,U,L,L,A,R,D code gave us a port that was pretty close to the Arcade version.
MK1 on SNES just felt odd with most the Fatalities being censored (except Sonya and Scorpion's) and the blood being changed up for "sweat."
I do like Raiden's SNES Fatality where he turns the opponent into a pile of ash, though. :laugh:

There were definitely a couple of cool "modified" Fatalities on the SNES, Sub-Zero's being my personal favorite. The controls, however, are terrible. Everyone always complains about graphics being inferior on the Genesis ports of the first 3/3.5 games, but it's all about the gameplay for me. In that department, the Genesis just translated everything better and more arcade accurate IMO. Again, the 6-button controller > SNES.

There were definitely a couple of cool "modified" Fatalities on the SNES, Sub-Zero's being my personal favorite. The controls, however, are terrible. Everyone always complains about graphics being inferior on the Genesis ports of the first 3/3.5 games, but it's all about the gameplay for me. In that department, the Genesis just translated everything better and more arcade accurate IMO. Again, the 6-button controller > SNES.

Agreed 100%.
I still have my Genesis ports of the first 3/3.5 games in perfect condition, and they still work perfect.

As for the MK1, other than the Arcade, PC port was the only port I have played, true, by then, I wasn't into the consol gaming, but I thought the PC version was done pretty ok, though, I beat the game with Scorpion on hard(I think it had difficulty levels.... If I remember correctly) the 2nd time I played(crushed Goro by double flawless at first try, and losing to Shang Tsung, then killing him at the re-try. LOL)

I think MK1 for PC was alright.