Food and gaming

Neo Gunloc

I wasn't really sure if I had to post this here , or in the gaming section so here goes.

The other day I read an article in a Dutch magazine about gamers and their eating habbits.
According to this article, there are many gamers who actually like to eat whatever's for dinner during gameplay, resulting in their dinner going cold.
Other gamers barely eat, because imagine if their daily World of Warcraft time would be shortened by 15 to 30 mins.
(Oh the horror - just kidding WoW fans.)

Yes good people.
I would like to talk about one of the most important things in life.
You know, various organic substances that we devour at breakfast, lunch, dinner or whenever we need to take a break from our regulair activities or hobbies.
What's your favorite kind of food ?
Is it junkfood ? Do you eat healthy ? Do you barely eat at all ?
I would like to talk about the actual consumption of food, how this effects your gaming hobbies and the other way around.

When I was growing up, gaming often got in the way of eating for me.
Nowadays I manage to eat on a regulair basis and leave gaming for what is is.
It's also about 50/50 on either junkfood or healthy for me.

What about you guys ?

Chicken and Buffalo wings. I doesn't matter how full or sick I am. If there are wings, there are I :)

I like to eat a lot of chicken, pasta, chocolate, perogies and salads.

If I am really into a game, yeah, I've gone a day with maybe a muffin or something, lol. It's not that I don't want to eat, it's just that I get so caught up in the game that I lose track of time and don't even realize that hours have gone by and I haven't eaten yet.

At my house we have what we call "Game Night". It consists of 25lbs of chicken wings, tons of pasta, tacos, and other random finger foods. We have a couple of turkey fryers that do a great job with the wings. Also, I have a nice bar I've put together over the last few years. Aged Rum and Scotch is a must, as is a couple mini kegs and PBR.

At my house we have what we call "Game Night". It consists of 25lbs of chicken wings, tons of pasta, tacos, and other random finger foods. We have a couple of turkey fryers that do a great job with the wings. Also, I have a nice bar I've put together over the last few years. Aged Rum and Scotch is a must, as is a couple mini kegs and PBR.

You...are my everything.

bblp, if you were closer, I'd def invite you. We happen to have a thing for buffalo wings here, I like cooking as long as theres a beer in my hand. Also, bacon. If you are a bacon fan, deep fried beer battered bacon is a must. Go to your local meat shop and get some smoked bacon and have them cut it about 1/3 inch slices. You can thank me later.

Haha, my weakness. Actually, the delivery guy just got here. Crab rangoons are like crack. I just got chicken and broccoli combination and 2 coronas.

I usually don't eat and play at the same time. My meals can get postponed while playing video games, but eventually I'll have to stop and eat something. I eat whatever is available. Usually it's whatever is left over from the dinner. There is not much in the way of junk in my house, although it disappears quick from the few times it's available. Granted, I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to.

Last edited:
Don't get me started in what I eat when I play the game. I am a mexican(hispanic) and mexicans don't get fat from eating.

Don't get me started in what I eat when I play the game. I am a mexican(hispanic) and mexicans don't get fat from eating.

Seriously? I have seen some BIG Mexican mutha ****as and I'm sure they didn't get that way from not eating.

Haha, my weakness. Actually, the delivery guy just got here. Crab rangoons are like crack. I just got chicken and broccoli combination and 2 coronas.

Ahhh crab rangooooooons. The place by me gave me a free bag one time with my order. I've been addicted ever since. Those smart bastards.

I eat ridiculously healthy...I have a set schedule for meals/snacks and pretty much eat the same things every day. Eggwhite omlettes, Quinoa, turkey sandwiches, fish, chicken breast, and various fruits and veggies. During weekends I might stray and eat a bit unhealthy like getting a big steak or something. I very rarely eat junk food....but when I'm intoxicated, all bets are off..I eat EVERYTHING.

I hate eating while playing because my controls get all greasy blah

After years of hating how dirty my controller got over the course of a system's lifetime, I came up with a solution that has kept my PS3 controller looking almost as new as the day I got it:

latex gloves.

I wear latex gloves when I game. Not just for food, but because your hands sweat a lot (or at least mine do) when gaming for a couple of hours straight. I had a roomate back in college that was a nurse and he'd bring me back a box of nursing gloves from work.

Since its latex it doesn't impede your gaming whatsoever. After having done this since I got my PS3 (which I guess has been about 3 or 4 years now?) its almost second nature to me to wear gloves when I game.

Not really food related, but I had to respond to that post with my weird gaming habit. My ex girlfriend used to look at me like I was crazy when she saw me putting gloves on to start playing something.

Wanna get married and shit? You don't even have to be gay or do anything with me. Just think of me as... a roommate. Or something.