Challenge Tower Mission #300 ("End Game") Discussion

Re: If you buy your way around "End Game"

I assume not. What, you want to cheat and achieve when you put in no effort? :p

Considering Ed said it would be expensive I am going to say yes, you would still get the reward.

it sounds like you will be able to. but it will cost alot

lol No, I really don't want to cheat. But after attempting it for a couple hours and failing I would rather just buy my way around it instead of throwing my fight stick through my tv. Ed Boon did say you could buy your away around it but didn't say if you would get the reward for it, so I there might be a possibility that you just get the achievement for the 100% tower completion and not the actual reward.

, i think you can buy your way up to the end game, but i doubt they would just let you unlock it with coins

if you earn coins and stuff by playing online, etc i feel like you should be able to buy your way around it ~ because not everyone will have the patience and time to try and beat the final mission ~ but play the game enough to where they should be rewarded.

so i like the idea of being able to 'buy' it. Its a reward for playing the game alot... like it should be

lol No, I really don't want to cheat. But after attempting it for a couple hours and failing I would rather just buy my way around it instead of throwing my fight stick through my tv. Ed Boon did say you could buy your away around it but didn't say if you would get the reward for it, so I there might be a possibility that you just get the achievement for the 100% tower completion and not the actual reward.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I thought you would get achievement/trophy but not the reward. If you bet it once after you "bought around" it then you would get the supposed reward, that seems fair enough.

I don't think it will be controller breaking-inducing hard, since the guy on the challenge tower video wanted someone to upload it to youtube with them doing it "flawlessly" so to speak.

Boon already confirmed in the latest interview video that you can buy your way through endgame and you still get all the rewards.

, i think you can buy your way up to the end game, but i doubt they would just let you unlock it with coins

Ed Boon already confirmed that you can buy your way passed end game, and he said it's going to probably cost you your whole wallet lol. He just didn't mention if you get the reward or just the achievement.

It's not cheating if they've put the option in the game. ;)

Boon already confirmed in the latest interview video that you can buy your way through endgame and you still get all the rewards.

He said you can buy your way around it and then said if you defeat it you will get a great reward and people online can see what you unlocked and know you kick ass, I don't think if you buy your way around it people will think you kicked ass in the tower. This is mostly what I'm basing this question off of.

I don't understand why you wouldn't get the reward, you would have completed the tower so why wouldn't you? they know not every gamer is 1337 so they make it accessible to everyone......for a price.

I don't understand why you wouldn't get the reward, you would have completed the tower so why wouldn't you? they know not every gamer is 1337 so they make it accessible to everyone......for a price.

Agreed.
I'm no 1337 player, by any means, but I think it can be beatable.
It'll just take me a few tries, which is Ok, because I like a good challenge.

As much as I HATE to admit it, a lot of people will be picking up MK, due to a certain "God of Turds" character.
For those people who don't really play fighting games, the buy-out option seems reasonable.

EDIT:

I just think that there should be a different ranking or status for someone who fights their way through it.
Like "Superb" or "Extreme Champion"

That way, you know that these people beat it the HARD way.

Last edited:

i dont get why people say it would be cheating? You earn the coins by playing the game, you dont buy them using real money.

I think that if you buy your way past it, you should get the achievement/trophy for beating Challenge Tower. If you beat it, however, then you get the special. Yeah I know that the coins are in the game for a reason, but still, they are used for help, not for completion.

what if the reward is Smoke? will that piss you off or make you happy? me it will piss me off - he should be playable from day 1 i think

how are coins earned? if they are only earned online then no way im going to get even close to that reward, sounds like the reward might only be useful online which isnt good(though that could just be the way he worded it)

Of course. This game isnt just for the diehards. not everyone will have the skill/patience/time to complete such a challenge. The game is appealing to both diehards and casuals in every other aspect so I assume End Game is no different.

I think it would be sweet if there were 2 rewards for beating the Challenge Tower 1 with out buying your way and 1 Extra Awesome 1 for beating it like a man.