Was Quan Chi in Mortal Kombat Annihilation?

Ermac1314

Sci Fi Magazine 1997 Here's the MK related photos from the magazine.

The fourth picture is of Quan Chi.

27xo3gm.jpg

2uoq7bk.jpg

2mwcmlz.jpg

2lj2fm8.jpg

a48yg.jpg

WOAH that IS interesting, maybe he was part of a single scene that was for setting up a sequel movie but they scrapped it

WOAH that IS interesting, maybe he was part of a single scene that was for setting up a sequel movie but they scrapped it

Yeah I was thinking the scene was scrapped too, but I really wish they did release the scene even as a special feature on the MKA dvd.

i have to agree with killer ryno about it being something for a sequel that got scrapped. i dont remember ever seeing quan chi in annihilation. believe me i have the movie and seen it lots of times.

MKAVCD.JPG

Heres another picute that is evidence he wassupposed to be in the movie.

Also I found this quote from one of the people working on MKA at the time.

"Quan Chi was going to appear in the climax of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, but his scenes were cut from the final print. He still appears in some posters and international versions of the movie on laserdisc and DVD."

Does anyone have any laserdiscs of the movie to confirm this information?

MK4 wasn't even out yet when this movie was released. Would have made no sense to keep him in the movie.

I wish we was in the movie. It could've made a sequel that made MKA look like trash. Well worse.

Wow, I wonder how that couldve impacted the whole movie... Agreed that his scenes should be included in the Blu-Ray.

MK4 wasn't even out yet when this movie was released. Would have made no sense to keep him in the movie.

Quan Chi was originally from MK Mythologies, which was out at this time.

Also, MK4 and Mortal Kombat Annihilation came out the same year.

This information was brought to you by the letter Google.

The only way he could've had a signigicant impact on that movie is if he magically made the movie not utterly suck.

Sorry folks, we all have to take a step back, despite loving MK, and acknowledge a movie sucks when it truly, utterly sucks.

I recall it being one of the first times that I was embarassed to be a Mortal Kombat fan.

I have seen another thread somewhere where someone had the DVD case and Quan Chi was on it but still not in the film. It wouldn't have saved the film but it one of made it one Quan Chi better.