3 Versions of the Rooftops?!?

noob+saibot=<3

I dont know if any 1 else has seen this but there seems to actually be 3 versions of the rooftops,not 2..The videos that are posted shows what they look like if you watch the entire thing..sorry about not having any pics =(

1st version-The 1st version of the rooftops we seen..everything is normal and its in the day-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcDFkJWxY1M

2nd version-This 2nd version is the rooftops merging with outworld..the one with the portal and dragon-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvVhURbpd4

3rd version-The 3rd version is in the daytime but the city seems to have taken some battle damage but it doesnt show how it happened-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dp9FgOWBjk

what do u guys think about this?:)

It sounds cool but i think we really dont need three versons of the same level i think two is enough one during the day and one during the night

I think the 1st and 3rd are pretty much the same. You don't get as well a view of the entire playing field in the 1st trailer and also take into consideration that this must have been an early build so the stage wouldn't have been completely finished...maybe. So I think there may be just two.

This is just easy... There is one that is the "before invasion" version, a second that is the "during invasion" and a third one that is an "after invasion" versions of this stage.

I'm not surprised anymore on that... it's pretty sure that many levels will have many versions...

By example.. the pit... there's a Night version and also a Daylight version (with a meteor storm)... I assume then that there will be at least two versions of the pit bottoms, a daylight one, and another in night...
pitx.png

I'm pretty sure that every city stage will also have more than one version, including the bridge and the graveyard.

this game is so badass :)

Last edited:
well i actually just realized that both versions of the daytime rooftops are in the new video..1st version=zombie goro is in it 3rd version= lao and liu is in it

so im now 100% sure there are 3 versions

well i actually just realized that both versions of the daytime rooftops are in the new video..1st version=zombie goro is in it 3rd version= lao and liu is in it

so im now 100% sure there are 3 versions

I didn't even notice that. Three Versions of one stage? Wonder how many other stages get that sort of treatment.

Hopefully this means that almost every stage has different time versions.
That would nearly triple the available arenas :)

I got pics of them!

zombiegoro.png

Daytime version before the invasion, I guess.

roofnight2.png

Nightime version (or something like it) during the invasion.

roofday.png

Daytime version after the invasion, because of the destroyed stuff.

I pointed this out in the official thread on Patrick's post earlier today. I'm not sure how I feel about it, honestly; I feel like three versions is overkill, but I really like all three. If I had to eliminate one, I'd go with the "normal" version; the aftermath version is way too eerie not to love it. Not sure if anyone is familiar, but it reminds me of the fifth world in Super Meat Boy, the depleted city environment that time has ate away.

I pointed this out in the official thread on Patrick's post earlier today. I'm not sure how I feel about it, honestly; I feel like three versions is overkill, but I really like all three. If I had to eliminate one, I'd go with the "normal" version; the aftermath version is way too eerie not to love it. Not sure if anyone is familiar, but it reminds me of the fifth world in Super Meat Boy, the depleted city environment that time has ate away.

I was not expecting this for the arenas but again, the answer was already there we just could not see it "Enviroment Bio" Obviously NRS was refering to the new arenas in a different way with that term and that some arenas will have different alterations / versions, I can already see the Pit 2 with a Portal Over the Bridge and like lightning and stuff for the lost portal....

I am glad to see the pitt bottom in there too but some stages like the subway, bell tower, and dead pool will only have one version I am guessing....would there be any point of having alternatives to these i.e. Day and night?

I really like what I am seeing though and keeping my fingers crossed for all the originals to return + Lin Keui Temple, (Need to have a snow/Ice arena) and probably will be seeing more in DLC perhaps Wu-Shi Academy, Ying Yang Island etc if not already included

If you have 300 challenges then you need alot of arenas to stop it from becoming boring to look at

Last edited:
I think it's pretty cool having different versions of the same arena, especially seeing the before and after of the invasion! A bit of variety is no bad thing in my book :)

thank u mr. sir..now i know im not going crazy O.0 lol

is this suppost to be a 're-imagining' of the rooftop from MK3?? just wondering because didnt that one have huge awesome gargoyle statues and kahns tower in the background with a swirling portal above it,? that stuff looked awsome and its not in the new version of the rooftop from what ive seen, the small gargoyles are there though but it looks a bit bland, but the invasion version looks more classic MK like :)