MKTT Austin Meetup Thread

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Anyone coming to the Austin, TX MK Truck Tour stop should reply in this thread so you can all meet up with each other and battle head to head in Mortal Kombat!

Tour Stop Details:

Austin, TX
South by South West's ScreenBurn Arcade

Cost:
FREE, there is no fee to attend the SXSW ScreenBurn Arcade

Level 1, Exhibit Hall 2

Hours:
Friday 3/11 - Sunday 3/13
2-6pm (Fri);
12-6pm (Sat & Sun)

Last edited:
I might be there. I'm moving from Az to Austin sometime that week for a new job. Pretty wicked timing if I do say so myself!

Like I said though I'm moving, so I don't know if I will be able to make the tour :( but I plan on trying!

If I end up going I'll most likely be wearing this t-shirt:
8ae2a0bddc46.jpg

So I should be pretty easy to spot ;P

I hope to be there. My wife's family is coming to town on the 11th, so hopefully I can break free of them for a few hours to check it out.

Hopefully they announce the locations in the next few days.

Pending my work schedule, I'll most likely be there. It's a friday and saturday so I should be able to make it, but if possible I'd rather go Friday during the day...Saturday will probably be way too crowded.

You know if they DO show up at best buy, I hope they give out some Sub-Zero codes. Then Best Buy will get my money again for KE :)

Kamal, congrats on the new job. You'll love it here in Austin.

Oh snap... Just what I was looking for. I'll be the big metalhead dude with the burly beard, long hair and glasses, wearing either one of these shirts;
_front.500x500.jpg

bsi_augur02.gif

Trust me, it will not be hard to find me in a crowd lol

Anybody know what time they will open shop on Friday (11th)??? I can easily schedule a work appointment in Austin that day so I can stop by to check it out, so hopefully they will open by noon or early afternoon. Also, when do they announce where exactly they are going to be? I don't have a facebook account so I'd appreciate any info y'all could post once it's announced.

And, keeping up with the what the guy posted above... I'll be the average looking 30 year old in work cloths that looks like he doesn't belong at a MK gathering. Old school represent!!!!

dudes, is this bullshit that i have read true? you have to have a sxsw ticket to play mk. this sucks i f&*^in broke. i pre order the game, sell my dirt bike gear to get ps plus and now that i'm broke i hear this shit. why can't they just go to best buy like the other cities? if someone knows a little more about this fill me in. i'm pretty bummed and pissed. i wish i could shit money :(

Updated the OP with the SXSW event information thanks to pebkac. The ScreenBurn Arcade event is FREE despite what the Mortal Kombat Facebook Event says.

Updated the OP with the SXSW event information thanks to pebkac. The ScreenBurn Arcade event is FREE despite what the Mortal Kombat Facebook Event says.

thank you yous guys, i was fuming there for a minute. i take my mk very seriously, too seriously. i want to play it so bad.

I might be there. I'm moving from Az to Austin sometime that week for a new job. Pretty wicked timing if I do say so myself!

Like I said though I'm moving, so I don't know if I will be able to make the tour :( but I plan on trying!

If I end up going I'll most likely be wearing this t-shirt:
8ae2a0bddc46.jpg

So I should be pretty easy to spot ;P

I have the same exact shirt as you Kamal LOL!!!

SXSW eh? Hmm...I dunno if I'm gonna make it out there. I'd really love to go but I don't know if I feel like battling the traffic/parking/crowds just to do it. However, I just moved to Austin and this would be my first SXSW, so maybe it's worth it.

Last edited:
Wow... I was about to get ticked because I always avoid SXSW... but I never knew there was a mini game convention going on at the Convention Center. That actuallyl sounds pretty awesome!!! It opens at 2:00 on Friday so I think I'll be taking off work early that day and seeing what it's all about. Hopefully the MK truck will be open and ready at 2:00 too!!!!

Thanks for the update!!!

I had no idea the arcade thing at the Convention Center was free, and this would be my 4th SXSW. The Convention Center could be tricky to get to on SXSW weekend, though.

For those that know... are the parking garages accessable early Friday afternoon or are they pretty much full starting Friday morning??? I was thinking about going to this gaming conference on Friday (it opens at 2:00, not even gonna bother for Saturday) so I was hoping that maybe that would be early enough to avoid most of the big crowd that would surely be coming in later on Friday and through the weekend. I really want to go but I'm also not going to jump through hoops if it's almost impossible to even find a parking spot.

Can you guys get there without taking a car, by bus or train or similar? Sounds like that'd be easier during SXSW.

I am looking forward to seeing you guys at SXSW. You will hopefully see all the things that make Austin the great city it has become. I bet your arcade booth will likely be a very crowded one at SXSW Screenburn just based on the history of the MK series. I can still remember playing MK I in the arcades and was amazed the first time I saw MK II arcade machine back in the 90's. If you guy are going to do raffles for any free MK swag, would be sweet. Also if there is moves list available, that will help so we don't have to go on google to track them down. I am very eager to play the new demo on PSN, and I can't wait to see how the new physics system works.

Hope to see you there at SXSW. Thanks for coming to Austin, TX.