5 more years....where should i look?

The 7th Number

Well im currently at 1.6.63 but when i get to boons birthday 3.30.68 where should i look? I mean im going to save it a couple days before his birthday so i have enough time to run around and get to spots. And i plan to go through each level on his birthday and try to find anything. Mainly the Kochol, or whatever that portal is called that has been awakened in Choasrealm. Also the building with the priest worshiping out front. hmmmm.....there is a small building surrounded by a brick wall in Edenia...i might try in there. Maybe that statue in edenia will have a head then....Ed Boons head...LOL anyway.. if you can think of a place i can look, in case i miss it.....post it. Also please post the area and realm its in.

: : EDIT : :
Ill also talk to Stryker and Fujin in Orderrealm on that day.....since the front menu likes to tell me that....heh

thanks!!!!!

According to the Grave Stone in MK3, Boon's Birthday is 2/2/68, not 3/30/68.

Could be Mike Boon, but I doubt they were 2 months apart... Different mother's seems a bit too strange within that close of a time period, so I'm guessing it's Ed.

Well, where is boon's favorite character from? Try there unless you can think of any other realms to try instead. :D

the_sim said:
Well, where is boon's favorite character from? Try there unless you can think of any other realms to try instead. :D

Scorpion, NetherRealm? Good idea, but I doubt it's going to happen.

I don't think going to a certin place will do it. Probably if there is anything to do with his birthdate, it is just getting to it. I would try the portal in netherrealm if anywhere. Or maybe the towns gate in earthrealm.

That avatar looks a bit painful, Havik

But I tend to agree, waiting till that year, if you had to be in a certain spot that would suck sweaty goat sack... Hopefully if there is anything, it will just give it to you.

God of thunder said:
Scorpion is from Earth Realm, not the neather realm.

Actually, if you want to get technical, a dude from the Shirai-Ryu clan with a family is from Earthrealm, but Scorpion is from the Netherrealm. He was reborn there as a specter, and that's where he spends all his time. He can only return to Earthrealm under certain circumstances (to compete in Mortal Kombat, for his service to an Emperor, after being released by a Sorceror or Elder Gods, etc.).
[/nerd explanation]

so is his birthday 3/30/68 for sure? i dunno about the other date......and i hope if anything you just get a screen saying you unlocked something, but that would be too easy.

The 7th Number said:
so is his birthday 3/30/68 for sure? i dunno about the other date......and i hope if anything you just get a screen saying you unlocked something, but that would be too easy.

I'd look around first. Little would suck more than realizing you meditated past the right date which would unlock something and that you need to meditate another hundred years to go back.

EDIT: I'll see what I can find regarding his Birthday, too.

According to: http://www.sys2064.com/faq/ultimate_mortal_kombat_3.txt

Ed Boon's Birthday: February 22, 1964

Not sure how credible the source is, but it does match the gravestone in the graveyard MK3 background. I was wrong, if it's not 2/2/68, but I did remember seeing the series of 2's.

Fire up a copy of MK3 and go to the graveyard stage to see for yourself. I'd take a screen shot for you guys, but I'm at work presently.

Good think you stopped. I just took this grab from MAME MK3:

ImageStation sucks, so if this isn't showing up, it indeed says 2-22-64. Can anyone possibly check the other versions of MK3 or UMK3? That's what the arcade version says, but if different versions have other things, who knows.

Nevermind this, I uploaded it somewhere else. See my other post.

Okay, I took your advice. This better work now.

boon.jpg

Tough to say. But, since the only graves you see are of the core developers like John Tobias, I can only assume it's Ed. To be honest, I didn't even know he had a brother until this game.

The 7th Number said:
but which boon is it? Ed or the other one......are they not brothers? One could be born in 64 and another in 68.......hmmmm
I guess you will just have to try all 3 dates... Both boons, and apparently his kid as well. :p