GameStop widget code no longer working

Yup. Never got a code, either. I was going back and forth with my Gamestops manager and he was never able to come up with a solution or code for me.

I'm having the same problem....I used the code the day I got it, then after like 2-3days it keeps asking me for the code to view the "uncensored" fatality video.....WTF is that all about?

I have a code, but every time I try and download the widget it says: An Error Occurred and it could not be installed. I just gave up on it and said screw it. Most of those videos end up on youtube anyways.

Isnt there suppost to be a code on the receipt after you preorder from gamestop? I have my receipt right here and i cant find a code anywhere.

My code still isn't working either. It stopped working around the time MK was banned in Australia. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm in the US. I wrote GameStop near the end of February and got some generic responses (typical). Then on March 2nd, I was told my request would be sent to their Premiums department for review and processing. I still haven't heard back from them. So I e-mailed them again today. Round 2...

GameStop really dropped the ball on this. I can survive another 24 days until the game is released before seeing these uncensored fatalities for myself, but you shouldn't promise something to people if you can't deliver it.

Absolute failure on both Gamestop's and NRS. So your telling me i have to reserve the game again to get a code? a code ive already gotten? shit is getting stupid. I have 5 pre-orders for MK9 stuff. im not putting in another code.

/rant.

This is weird. I just used my code in the widget last night, and it worked fine. When I first preordered, I had to have a manager print a separate receipt with the code because it didn't print the first time.

Last edited:
GameStop finally sent me a new code yesterday, but it doesn't work either. I'm at a loss. I'm no expert on this stuff, but the only explanation I can come up with is that changes to the DRM code have somehow rendered certain widget codes useless.

When I first preordered, I had to have a manager print a separate receipt with the code because it didn't print the first time.

Same thing happened with me. No code was on the original receipt but even after I got the manager to cancel the pre-order, re-order it the code that finally printed on the receipt STILL didn't work. And it never has.

I honestly lost all hope with the widget.

Like I've mentioned in a previous thread I created, I'm just hoping that the "codes" that print on the receipt for the costume/fatality when I pick up the game will work. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of pissed off people.