add "tornado" sounding uppercut sound from mk2

hagg309

I really like a lot of the mk2 sounds, I especially used to like when you would uppercut a player.. there would be this random sound that I can only describe sounds like a tornado.. It really make you feel like you were doing damage to him. I would love to see a new version of this sound in mk9! Also, shao kahn laughing during some uppercuts. How about you?

Oh? Do you have a video of the noise? I think I know what one you're talking about. It's like someone saying "Whoahhhohhh" eh? It would happen only occasionally. I'd more than welcome it's inclusion along with Shao's voice overs. They made you actually feel like you were kicking ass.

That is the most awesome sounding sound i have ever heard LOL. It kinda sounds like people in awe making an ooooooooowwwwmmm sound. but anyways i really hope that sound is back

It's actually the sound of the uppercut in motion. I love it though! It would be great to bring it back, though I don't think MK9's uppercut animation is fast enough for a sound like that to accompany it.

Here is the sound I was thinking, fast forward to 51 seconds. I can't tell if its people or a "tornado" sound as I said earlier\.. but I know I like it haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOm9bs4Im80 That would be cool if they added an updated version of this somehow. It is completely random during some uppercuts.

Re: Where is the sound effect when u uppercut opponent? Like in mk2/3

I think that sound you are referring to is is like oohs and aahs. Like people do while watching fireworks. I never thought it made much sense, unless maybe there were unseens spectators viewing the matches?

Last edited:

The "oooo"s and "ahhhh"s were actually not suppose to make it into MK1-3. It was just RockHardMilkGun fapping in the background and it accidentally made it onto the audio.

If you want though, he could just come over your house and fap when you and your friends uppercut each other.
Wear protection.

The "oooo"s and "ahhhh"s were actually not suppose to make it into MK1-3. It was just RockHardMilkGun fapping in the background and it accidentally made it onto the audio.

If you want though, he could just come over your house and fap when you and your friends uppercut each other.
Wear protection.
Actually, it was b,b,b,lp fapping.

If it was me, it would've sounded like "eeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuRRRGGHGGGHGHGGGHGGHGHHHHGH over nine THOUSAAAAAAAAND AHGGAFDDHGVVWVGHEDVGDWBNXWUIDJ!!!"

Which probably would have destroyed every sound system it was played on...

You already made a thread like this a while back. Did you really have to make another?

EDIT: I've merged your old thread with the new. In the future, please don't create duplicate threads.

Thanks, Jinko.