Achievement/Trophy Ideas

As long as there are not any win streak related ach. or training related ones then I will be fine with it. I am sooooo bad at both of those.

Revenge: Defeat Scorpion with Noob in an online match
Reunited At Last: Play Tag-Team with Noob and Sub-Zero

Ooh, good idea: pairings.

Ketchup & Mustard: Tag up as Sektor and Cyrax and win an online match.
Kin By Sin: Tag up as Mileena and Kitana and win an online match.
(If Shao Kahn is playable -- hope not, but I prepare for the worst) Loving Couple: Tag up as Shao Kahn and Sindel and win an online match.

I'm a fan of having tons of achievements at less gamerscore/trophy worth, so I cannot speak for many when I say I truly hope they have a quantity of cool achievements like this as opposed to 35-40 that are packed with 20-30 GS each.

Reactions: DCP
Some of these sound way too easy.

An achievement simply for picking two players for a tag team match? I mean going on those, why not have an achievement for putting the disc into the 360/PS3 and successfully booting up the game? That way you get a bronze trophy just for making it to the title screen.

Seriously

No offense meant above, but I mean there needs to be SOME challenge in them, not just correctly picking two characters for a match.

The lower level achievements aren't really that big of a deal, but they need to make some of the (using PS3 terms here since I don't game on my 360 pretty much ever) silver trophies difficult.

The golds absolutely should be something challenging like 'win 200 ranked matches' or 'finish the most difficult arcade ladder without losing a match'

There really should be 1-2 trophies/achievements in the game that require a lot of skill and take some time and dedication to achieve to give some of us platinum trophy hunters something to shoot for.

Some of these sound way too easy.

An achievement simply for picking two players for a tag team match? I mean going on those, why not have an achievement for putting the disc into the 360/PS3 and successfully booting up the game? That way you get a bronze trophy just for making it to the title screen.

Seriously

No offense meant above, but I mean there needs to be SOME challenge in them, not just correctly picking two characters for a match.

The lower level achievements aren't really that big of a deal, but they need to make some of the (using PS3 terms here since I don't game on my 360 pretty much ever) silver trophies difficult.

The golds absolutely should be something challenging like 'win 200 ranked matches' or 'finish the most difficult arcade ladder without losing a match'

There really should be 1-2 trophies/achievements in the game that require a lot of skill and take some time and dedication to achieve to give some of us platinum trophy hunters something to shoot for.

None taken, nor do I think my ideas should replace the "get your rocks off while thinking about dead kittens"-level difficult achievements; that said, I would much rather have a "Ketchup & Mustard" achievement than a "Win 3 ranked matches in a row" achievement, which becomes redundant when you unlock the 50, 100, and 500 matches achievements. Redundancy is a pitfall with trophies and achievements; pulling off a 3 hit combo, a 4 hit combo, a 5 hit combo, etc... Do we really need to waste space like that? Or worse yet, potential for creativity?

The whole "beat the game blindfolded" thing has a place in every game; I hope they do not include such things in the upcoming MK, as I'd like to 1000/1000 the game, and I would never be able to do that with such achievements (I understand my limitations, you might say), but it definitely has its place and I respect that. But what I am looking to preach about is the replacement of many entry level achievements/trophies with innovative tiles that make you smile upon getting them, even if by accident.

Keep the "Win 1-5 ranked matches" and the "Performed your first Fatality"-types and the "Don't take a hit"-types, to boot, but what about the in-betweens? Do we really want them all to be cut and paste types from any game on the market? Beat the game on each difficulty and other mindless, redundant filler types? I, for one, do not. I'd prefer to see something as unique as Mortal Kombat itself.

I would recommend the following "standard" achievements:

Win a Ranked Match
Win a Ranked Tag Team Match with Another Player
Beat the Game on Any Difficulty
Performed a Fatality
Perform an X-Ray Move
Made Your First Krypt Purchase
Played as Every Character
Be A Spectator for 10 Matches

And five really tough, devoted achievements:

Beat the Game on the Hardest Difficulty
Beat the Game without Continuing on the Hardest Difficulty
Win 500 Ranked Matches
Fully Unluck the Krypt
And one final, challenging task that we will not really figure out until we see more.

Between that, give or take 2-5 achievements, why not have some fun, yeah?

Please DO NOT include achievements like "Win XXX amount of matches online". Those kinds of achievements are really annoying and sometimes even impossible to gain thanks to all the stupid disconnectors and spammers. I hated playing MKvDC against Flash/Raiden spammers and I hated playing it even more when I was handing their asses to them and they runined my streak by disconnecting.

Please DO NOT include achievements like "Win XXX amount of matches online". Those kinds of achievements are really annoying and sometimes even impossible to gain thanks to all the stupid disconnectors and spammers. I hated playing MKvDC against Flash/Raiden spammers and I hated playing it even more when I was handing their asses to them and they runined my streak by disconnecting.

I was thinking, there should be some sort of penalty for those who ragequit, like removing props points or whatever the system they spoke of previously. I'd personally block them from playing another match for 5 minutes if they do not play a match through, similar to Fallout New Vegas' anti-cheating gambling system. That way they can ask themselves, "Do I want to sit here while this guy finishes me, or do I want to exit and have to wait five minutes before hopping into a new game?"

I was thinking, there should be some sort of penalty for those who ragequit, like removing props points or whatever the system they spoke of previously. I'd personally block them from playing another match for 5 minutes if they do not play a match through, similar to Fallout New Vegas' anti-cheating gambling system. That way they can ask themselves, "Do I want to sit here while this guy finishes me, or do I want to exit and have to wait five minutes before hopping into a new game?"

They might as well ban them for an hour or even for the whole day. That shit's annoying seriously.

As much as I agree, I understand that some folks legitimately disconnect from crap Internet and such.

Yeah you're right. Well maybe they should give the player that disconnects a loss and a win to the other one, if that's even possible. That would defeat the purpose of disconnecting I guess.

I have no "Kombo Challange"-Trophy in MKvsDC because I can't do any! There are fighters where I have 8/10 but it doesn't work to make 10/10! I made ALL the other trophies but those kombo trophies suck. I've always been a good MK player but the MKvsDC kombo shit made me really aggressive. That's why I only have 51%.
I hope there are no kombo challanges in MK9 or at least not that hard.
I like ZoopSouls ideas!
There should be trophies like:

I love theatre- All endings
Finisher- Perform all Fatalities
etc...

No joke, man. I got 8/10 on scorpion and my thumbs started hurting. I decided that it was time to head back to halo.
PLEASE avoide achievements that encourage cheating/disconnecting, etc. No 20 game win streaks or anything like that.

I have no "Kombo Challange"-Trophy in MKvsDC because I can't do any! There are fighters where I have 8/10 but it doesn't work to make 10/10! I made ALL the other trophies but those kombo trophies suck. I've always been a good MK player but the MKvsDC kombo shit made me really aggressive. That's why I only have 51%.
I hope there are no kombo challanges in MK9 or at least not that hard.

I'm stuck in Joker's #10 and it's the only one left for me to finish kombo challenge. That thing is ridiculously hard.

Agree.. I hate it when people can`t take a loss.
Also MK Vs. DC had 50 Achievements how many do you guys think or hope there will be for MK9 for me around the 60s would be good.

I believe there is a cap from MS for achievements at 50. You can add up to 200 points worth per DLC, so I am hoping to see achievements attached to each DLC character, relating to that character (pull off a fatality using them, all finishing moves with them, complete the game with them, etc.)... If you have the points to spare, why not make it happen?