The Chosen One

Ermac1314

Just as I turned around I admired the big buildings, and smelled burned hotdogs at the consession stand next to me. I see many people push past each other here on the streets of New York City. As a man walked by me looking nervous, talking on the phone as he said "You mean I didn't get the job"? Just as I was admiring New York City my cellphone began ringing. I checked my phone and saw it was my friend Frank. I then answered my phone to see what he was calling for.

"Hey Kurtis, I was just wondering if you could work overtime for me tomorrow?" Frank asked.
"No problem, what time do you need me to be at the police station?"
"At eight a.m." "Oh yeah, and Kurtis I forgot to tell you th....
"Hello? Frank you there?"

I looked at my cellphone and realized it must have been the connection spot.
I called Frank back and before I could ask a question, Frank answered

"Hey Kurtis, sorry I think I was in a bad connecti......"
"Hey Frank are you there?" I asked.
"What the hell is that thing?" Frank blurted out.
"What's going on over there?" I asked a little nervously now.
Frank then responded,
"Kurtis get to my house as fast as you can i'm calling for backup now, no time to explain."

I then knew something bad was happening.
I immediatly got into my car and drove to Frank's house. On the way there I saw the people of New York city running and screaming. I looked out at the sky as it was turning from sunshine to darkness.
I was coming closer and closer until I saw the whole New York City police squad shooting at these weird humans that looked somewhat like creatures. One of these so called creatures had razor sharp nails coming out of his forearms. I saw another creature that looked like a reptillian man. That's when I decided to take action.

I looked around to see where Frank was. I saw him shooting his gun at a creature. Just as I went to run to Frank, I saw five New York City policemen get blown back by a huge man with one of the biggest hammers i've ever seen. I have never seen such power from a person like that. I then aimed my gun right at him, but the creature with razor sharp nails jumped on top of me.

He was trying to slice my head with his two foot razors, but I pushed him off and jumped on top of him. I held down his arms by putting my knees on his elbows, and I sat on his stomach. The anger was building up in me and I knew it was time to show this mutant my fury. I then began to punch the mutant in the face repeatidly. I was punching him non stop, with each punch making the mutant bleed more and more. I was showing the creature no mercy.

I checked my back pocket for my backup gun. I pulled out the gun and put the barrel right to the mutant's face. The mutant then said "the tarkatan army will make you pay for this." The tarkatan mutant then began to sceam showing his razor sharp teeth that were just as sharp as the razors on his arms. I simply ****ed the gun and responded,

"Go to hell."

Just as I was going to pull the trigger I was kicked in the face by a man wearing ninja clothing that were black and purple. "The purple ninja then said

"Get up Baraka, Shao Kahn is going to make a portal any second."
Baraka then responded,
"Let me cut this human to pieces, I want to watch as he suffers."
"I already killed him as you almost died at his hands, you foolish tarkatan, we must go now."
I then thought, how did that purple ninja think he killed me? It was a simple kick to the face.
I finally got to my feet and saw Frank. Just as I ran over to Frank, he was blown back by a green blast from the man with the huge hammer. I saw Frank fly through the air and smack his back off a building and hit the ground dead.

I looked at Frank's body in shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A tear began to stroll down my cheek. I was just looking at my best friend's lifeless body. After all the years of Frank and me being friends, I now knew it was over. I thought it wasan't real, a nightmare possibly. But it was to real to be a nightmare. Kurtis Stryker was suddenly emerged with anger. He pulled out a grenade but brfore he can pull the tag he was hit by the same green blast that Frank was hit by.

I quickly woke up as sweat was pouring from my head. I had that same nightmare ever since the event took place two weeks ago. I sat up in bed and tried to figure out the question that was bugging him ever since that catastrophe happened.
How did I survive the attacks from those mutants but the other humans didn't?
I then thought to myself, maybe there was a reason for me survivng, maybe I, Kurtis Stryker, is the chosen one. Maybe it is me to stop Shao Kahn.

Stryker fic is win. I like the way you began this with a sort of vignette, showing where Stryker was before he got chucked into the MK universe.