Puzzle combat = bull shit

God of thunder

I've been playing puzzle combat for the last hour, with no diffuclty till I got to the top. 50 something percent vs kabal. First video game I ever played was tetris, but this is bull shit. How in the hell the computer can pull off a 57 combo, then 20 seconds later pull off a 70+ combo is bull shit.

God of thunder said:
I've been playing puzzle combat for the last hour, with no diffuclty till I got to the top. 50 something percent vs kabal. First video game I ever played was tetris, but this is bull shit. How in the hell the computer can pull off a 57 combo, then 20 seconds later pull off a 70+ combo is bull shit.
Maybe because it's programmed to be good at that game? It really isn't that hard to believe.

If I see another "human" player do something like that. Then I wouldn't be upset. Until, that's a sign of shotty programming, just like in arcade where the computer reads your input and acts before your character does.

yeah sometimes it hard, you have to be lucky also i think. I mean so many times i have set something up only for me to get falling blocks on where i was setting something up, now whatever i set up is useless. Tetris is way easier.

Thats what happens to me too. I just get a huge 5x hit combo set up, next block is the block i need- but then 5 blocks just drop right in every possible place I could of put that block. Then I obviously do away with it, then thats when he pulls off a massive combo

Ethix said:
God of thunder said:
Maybe because it's programmed to be good at that game? It really isn't that hard to believe.

Oh jee, look. I've notice if I just toss tiles down in lines, I get combo's easier then actually working for them. Yup, really good programming. Reminds me of yahoo towers.

God of thunder said:
Ethix said:
God of thunder said:

Oh jee, look. I've notice if I just toss tiles down in lines, I get combo's easier then actually working for them. Yup, really good programming. Reminds me of yahoo towers.
I never said it was good programming, I just said that it was programmed to kick the opponent's ass at the game.

It is quite easy to pull of big combos... just simply place the dragon symbols at the bottom with blocks of the same color close to them, than await for the bomb... destroy the color that you have little or no dragon symbols of, and the more bigger your combo, the more you drop on your opponent.

Also Kabal has the double bomb, so if he sends you alot and gets his power move pulled off, than i can see where his 70+ combo would come into effect.

I noticed that too. It's pretty nuts. A number of times I just yelled "bullshit!" at my TV screen. I'm just no good at setting up combos and stuff. Actually wish it was more like Tetris or Columns or something, where like-color blocks just automatically disappear without those damn breaker things.