MK9, DLC, and future games

The average release date between the original games (MK1-4) was 20 months.
The average release date between the "newgen" games (MKDA-9) was 25 months.

This post isn't meant to imply that I want NRS to rush into the next game for MK, it's just simply something to think about.

With as much that we are all anticipating from DLC for MK9, and because the game spans MK1-3, do you think that it will be another 4 or 5 years before we see the next Mortal Kombat game? Or do you think that in 2 year's time they will have the next game?

I honestly wouldn't mind waiting 4 or 5 years for the next game, so long as the DLC continues to become available keeping the game fresh. How would you feel if we had to wait that long?

Since the MK crew wants to expand the MK universe (which means we'll get to see more media-related material: the webseries, maybe a new cartoon, etc.) and the new game is getting plenty of kontent, then I'm fine with a delay of 4 years. Especially if they give us a high-quality title.

...Of course, as long as the upcoming title manages to live up to the hype. And most likely it will, as far as I can tell.

It all depends on how much they add to it: Look at TF2 and how long htat has lasted, due to constant updates.

Four years until the next game, provided the game lasts that long competitively and DLC holds up. I definitely don't want to be hearing about "MKII" at E3 2012.

EDIT: Just no MvC stunts where we're left out in the cold for a decade.

Four years until the next game, provided the game lasts that long competitively and DLC holds up. I definitely don't want to be hearing about "MKII" at E3 2012.

EDIT: Just no MvC stunts where we're left out in the cold for a decade.

I agree.. A decade is way to long. At least the past is in our favor... with the biggest gap being between MK4 and MKDA which was five years. Other than that, Mortal Kombat has been released around every two years.

I agree.. A decade is way to long. At least the past is in our favor... with the biggest gap being between MK4 and MKDA which was five years. Other than that, Mortal Kombat has been released around every two years.

I would like a combination of Shaolin Monks and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Large character selection and good stat system) with 2D gameplay...

After this game, I hope they make an action/adventure MK game where we can create out characters along with original characters.

After this game, I hope they make an action/adventure MK game where we can create out characters along with original characters.

Depends on how they do it. Like I have said in other threads; SOULCALIBUR IV ruined Character Creators for me, too many KKK cultists online that I ran into.

Provided they do it so it restricts that type of characters, and allow you to tailor your movelist, too, then I will be down for Kreate a Kharakter.

Depends on how they do it. Like I have said in other threads; SOULCALIBUR IV ruined Character Creators for me, too many KKK cultists online that I ran into.

Provided they do it so it restricts that type of characters, and allow you to tailor your movelist, too, then I will be down for Kreate a Kharakter.

I do like the kak feature, but if they make another kreate a fatality system it would affect the game for me

being that this game is successful and im sure it will be, WB will prob want NR studios to make a direct sequel in the same fashion which will prob take around 2 and a half years like this one from the dc universe game. I imagine they would keep the same engine so it shouldn't take 4 years to make and just improve on everything they can. After that, I would say we might see an adventure game like SM but I don't even know if were gonna be using the current gen systems at that point so who knows.

Maybe sort of like a new Shaoling Monks games, I think.

Definately this. Would love to see a next gen Shaolin Monks but with a different group of kharacters this time. Focus the story on other kharacters,not Liu Kang and Kung Lao.Nothing against them, I'd just like to see different kharacters used cuz the MK series has so many great kharacters and I cant wait to hear more about each kharacter. I want to hear more about their game modes in the next video.We've seen enough kharacter video's for now,I want to hear more about this most robust online ever seen in a fighting game along with the offline features.

Definately this. Would love to see a next gen Shaolin Monks but with a different group of kharacters this time. Focus the story on other kharacters,not Liu Kang and Kung Lao.Nothing against them, I'd just like to see different kharacters used cuz the MK series has so many great kharacters and I cant wait to hear more about each kharacter. I want to hear more about their game modes in the next video.We've seen enough kharacter video's for now,I want to hear more about this most robust online ever seen in a fighting game along with the offline features.

Perhaps we will get more "Mythologies" games. But since it would probably take to long to make a mythologies for every individual kombantant, maybe they could make them for factions.
For Example:
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Lin Kuei - allowing you to play as Elder Sub, Younger Sub, Smoke, Sektor, and/or Cyrax up to the end of MK3
MKM: Shirai Ryu - following Scorpion up to the end of MK3

etc.

...dream, that probably will never come true...

Its possible. Remember, right now NRS has exactly ONE franchise, and its not like Warner Bros. is going to let them sit on their thumbs and only crank out DLC for the next few years.

But that would take a tactical gen-

CREEEEEEEEED!

I think that we will see a sequal in about two years, give or take. I mean with the new MK they have a basis of engine and mechanics set so, all they have to do is add new characters, story(that makes sense and follows the story well), and some new overall improvements.

I would love to see them remake Sub -Zero: Mythologies. I really think that gamewas awesome! Imagine it with the new technical possibilities. Or they could give Scorpion his own bio based game finally.