Should Mortal Kombat 2011 bring back Hara-Kiri?

I think he winner should be the one to trigger this, except with no health regain for the winner.
Just as a big "**** you" to the guy who lost.

That would be hilarious, yeah.

But how would it work? I mean, is there another Fatality sequence, or do you just fall over at the end of it?

That would be hilarious, yeah.

But how would it work? I mean, is there another Fatality sequence, or do you just fall over at the end of it?

You beat your opponent, it says finish him.
You input a universal command and your character throws a small soul at them.
They get a sliver of health back.
You fight again, if you win, you get double koins, if you lose, the announcer yells out humiliation.

You beat your opponent, it says finish him.
You input a universal command and your character throws a small soul at them.
They get a sliver of health back.
You fight again, if you win, you get double koins, if you lose, the announcer yells out humiliation.

That's awesome and you should feel awesome for it.

+ rep.

I don't really care. If they were to make the winner have the option to do it instead of the loser I'm okay with it. It'd be like Friendships; being the loser at the end of the match you're like "how the **** did I lose to this guy?"

I wouldn't want Hara-Kiris in MK9. Maybe MK10. But not this one....

Johnny Cages Hara Kiri:

The screen goes black and the camera zooms in on Johnny Cage. He takes off his sunglasses, gives the camera a quick wink, then raises his right arm into the air. He then quickly smashes his own nuts with his raised fist. He continues to wail away at his balls for a few seconds, vomits a little, punches some more, winks at the camera again, then feints.

That'd be crazy amounts of sexy right there.

It would be sweet if after the match the winner could enter a hara-kiri combination. Then it'd say finish yourself. Thus giving the loser the option of an honorable death. This way the winner still determines the outcome and the loser gets to decide whether he rips his own head off.

Hell yes!, and the hara-kiri combination must be simple, something like the Mercy in MK3.

Humilliation = Fatality
Trolling = Frienship
Merciful = Hara - kiri

Last edited:
No way would they be back, games shouldn't penalise you when you win, thats just broken logic. Fatalities are a reward for winning, if the game has a built in mechanic to steal your reward from you then thats just like the game kicking you in the balls, and nobody enjoys that.

Hara Kiris were some kind of way to try and cater to the crap MK players out there or something, like "Hey, you suck, you never win so you don't get to do fatalities, so here you go, now you can do one even if you lose!" Thats just stupid, if you want to do a fatality, get better and win some matches.

Go play deception for Hara-Kiri's. They were neat when we had them, but I don't think they should have a place in this one.

and @back,back,back,low punch:
Spoiler:
I think the big "**** you" is back in the form of Brutalities (according to the ol' sound leaks)
I don't know if it's warranted as a spoiler, but to each their own. I guess.

Heres an idea how about they bring back the mercy just like it was in mk3 and make it so if you some how manage to lose when you could have won before hara Kari automatically happens

It was a nice addition but I would rather not see them again....same with animalities unless its Liu Kang's Dragon.

Ermac's hara kiri will ALWAYS be engraved in my mind.
The only finisher in all of Mortal Kombat where I actually turned away from the screen.

Hara-kiri was seriously one of the dumbest things to ever grace MK. I hope it never comes back.

Hara Kiris were cool last time. I think they would obviously look better this time around. But i dont think thyre neccessary this time!

I think If you are the loser you should be able to try to get the hari-kari before your opponent can do any other finishing moves on you.... You would be only beating them to it as your opponent has already won anyway and is funny

I loved Hara Kiri's. Ermac's was so badass. I grew to love him whenever I pulled it off.

But what if! they brought them back. BUT! The winner has the option to put it in. And you need to know the oppenents Character's Hara Kiri. It would be a huge middle finger to make them kill themselves and because you need to know a characters Hara Kiri to pull it off it would be twice as bad.