lui kang teleport?

rocky

BANALITY
in the lui kang vignette he does a teleport, (very similar to scorpions,)

it does look cool but when i think about it that teleport move was one of scorpions signature moves and i dont think they should just give it to another character, especially lui who never done teleports in the early MKs

what do you think? should lui kang teleport?

Yeah I'd agree with you but from what I could tell it looked to be a parry move, kinda like Sub-Zero's impact freeze move. I'm guessing your opponent needs to hit you before Liu will teleport.

It's a special move version of his torch fatality from MK3. Also, I think it's a counter attack. Check how he puts his hands up, flames coming off his arms as Reptile (Shang) attacks him. The deal is, as far as I can tell, he does the attack, puts up his arms, and if his opponent attacks during that period, he flashes behind them and knocks them down. Johnny has a similar counter-attack I noticed (Johnny's X-Ray is a counter attack as well)

In Dead or Alive, these sort of counter attacks are part of the main game mechanic. They're also heavily utilized in Fatal Fury and a bit in the Street Fighter games as well. They completely work in MK, and I'm stoked that Liu's ability to turn into flame is being used more actively in this game.

It's a special move version of his torch fatality from MK3. Also, I think it's a counter attack. Check how he puts his hands up, flames coming off his arms as Reptile (Shang) attacks him. The deal is, as far as I can tell, he does the attack, puts up his arms, and if his opponent attacks during that period, he flashes behind them and knocks them down. Johnny has a similar counter-attack I noticed (Johnny's X-Ray is a counter attack as well)

In Dead or Alive, these sort of counter attacks are part of the main game mechanic. They're also heavily utilized in Fatal Fury and a bit in the Street Fighter games as well. They completely work in MK, and I'm stoked that Liu's ability to turn into flame is being used more actively in this game.

Hhmmm, I have a feeling that many characters will get those parry/counter attacks, I guess they took inspiration from SFIV focus attacks and gave similar moves to some characters: Johnny Cage's one looks almost the same as a focus attack with the same falling opponent animation and properties!

i've always wanted for him to have a teleport move... now he has! im very exited about this... this will open us new options for combos and it will be much more fun to play with him :)

i've always wanted for him to have a teleport move... now he has! im very exited about this... this will open us new options for combos and it will be much more fun to play with him :)

u cant combo with that move.... its a parry which gets u out of problem

u cant combo with that move.... its a parry which gets u out of problem

Not really, In MKvDC you can use Sub-Zeros counter freeze in a combo, don't see why you couldn't do it with Liu? But there has been no actual gameplay footage of it in use, so neither of us can hold an argument on the subject.

i dont mind, it has a lui feel to it. Scorp has a lot more tight teleporting moves, so i guess lui can have it! doesnt bother me

It seems like a counter move. I think you can only use it when someone attacks you. Plus, Scorpion isn't the only person with a teleport. Ever played as Cyrax?