Things you are glad Mortal Kombat doesn't have from other fighting games.

Aldo Moreno

Here are the things I hate from other games I am glad MK doesnt have.

SF4:
- The whole corny ass talking during the versus screen.
- The whole thing with the round thingys.
- Why don't you just say round one instead of the battle begins, lets picks up the pace, and etc etc.
- The bigs OOOOHHHH musclar guys(and we are complaing about our guys) and long legged girls. Ughh that is ugly.
- The big ass words that says, "K.O.", that pauses the fight and slow moes the fall.
- Big ass projectiles

Tekken:
- The Tekken: "get ready for the next battle".

Soul Calibur:
- The battle one fight. Gosh they say it so BORING!!! At least have emotion in it like MK does.
- Those fat ass swords they use.
- The fact that they have to much guest in.

MvC3(from what I seen):
- The way they say, "Fiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt" and the, "reaaddddyyyyy".
- The, "who will kome out on top", and the other things they don't read on screen.
- The big ass boss character they have, there is no way someone kan defeat that hand to hand.

Fighting games in gerne
- They don't say the words on the screen.
- They are not serious and IMO, they seem corny.

Last edited:
Not all games need to be serious, while I don't like Street Fighter anywhere near as much as MK, I wouldn't change a thing about it, probably because I don't care about it but hey.

I REALLY don't like the overly flashy effects that appear when you hit someone in MvC3. But the giant bosses are a must IMO.

Tekken is second on my list of favorite fighting games, and the only thing I would change about it is make the story less corny "You killed my brother. . .I. . .can never forgive you!" terrible thing for someone of Armor King's magnitude to say.

Not all games need to be serious, while I don't like Street Fighter anywhere near as much as MK, I wouldn't change a thing about it, probably because I don't care about it but hey.

I REALLY don't like the overly flashy effects that appear when you hit someone in MvC3. But the giant bosses are a must IMO.

Tekken is second on my list of favorite fighting games, and the only thing I would change about it is make the story less corny "You killed my brother. . .I. . .can never forgive you!" terrible thing for someone of Armor King's magnitude to say.
lol dude I am only asking for things that you are glad that aren't in MK.

To be honest, the only thing that really bothers me about those games is the lack of a button used to block.

The whole back = block mechanic just feels stupid...

To be honest, the only thing that really bothers me about those games is the lack of a button used to block.

The whole back = block mechanic just feels stupid...

That's true. I'm also glad it's very easy to do moves in general in MK, no crap like diagonal and quarter circle foward.

But I still like Tekken, even with this. :) I'm just glad that, when I have my ass kicked in Tekken, I can grab MK and kick some ass.

1:Characters dont shout there moves eg: ryu and ken with the ''HADOUKEN'', just imagine sub zero throwing an ice ball and shouting ''ICE BAAALL''.
2:The games always have good English voice acting not like most other fighters that have horrible voice acting in English or they are in Japanese with subtitles and the games dont get dubbed.
3:Not so much anime stuff,sometimes fighters have to many anime cutscenes on the game,anime movies,tv anime shows and much more that just gets old, i like that mk doesn't do that. :)
4: History and characters are original, not like some other games that are really cliche and characters are always the young Japanese karate fighter and the clone of the karate fighter (ryu ken,ryo robert,hanzou fuuma,kyo shingo)Sub Zero and Scorpion are clones in the appereance on mk1,mk2,mk3 with the pallete swap but on the move list is diferent. and no japanese tennage girl that is also fights karate eg: (sakura,yuri,ryoko,xiaoyu,asuka,).

Last edited:
1.stupid falsh and hitsparks effects instead of real blood
2.stereotypic anime inspired japanese characters (aka ryu, ken etc...)
3.cartoony and not serious SF game atmosphere, dull and predictable Virtua Fighter sorroundings, ridicolously large and unnecessary equipment of Soul Calibur
...other things i can live with...

You know what I am glad MK doesnt have:
RING OUT!

well all post MK4 games kind have it...and the meaning if it replaced for STAGE TRAPS...which is yet...yes quite lame...i don't really want to finish the opponent before his health bar even reaches 50% i want to finish him/her, when he's/she's actually done...

well all post MK4 games kind have it...and the meaning if it replaced for STAGE TRAPS...which is yet...yes quite lame...i don't really want to finish the opponent before his health bar even reaches 50% i want to finish him/her, when he's/she's actually done...

Well, they didn't have to BARALLY make a step back or to the side and loss(exept falling cliffs).

Well, they didn't have to BARALLY make a step back or to the side and loss(exept falling cliffs).

...yes you're right they didn't...but the fact that you could be pushed towards the places, where there's danger of being executed by punching you into lava pit and other kind of traps doesn't make it any different than just stepping out of the ring, automatically counting you as a lost side...the only real difference between these two is that you can "ringout" your own self, instead of an opponent doing it to you...

1. No K.O.s (with the exception of MK vs. DC)
2. No back = block shit
3. No multiple languages
4. No yelling out of move names
5. No lack of blood
6. No stupid customizable crap for characters
7. No ring outs

All I can think about as of now, more things will be added later maybe.

I think every games has its own style. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are my favorite games of them all, and I love both styles in different ways.

MvC3(from what I seen):
- The, "who will kome out on top", and the other things they don't read on screen.
- The big ass boss character they have, there is no way someone kan defeat that hand to hand.
- I Wanna Take You For A Ride

You forgot this one ;}

Here are the things I hate from other games I am glad MK doesnt have.

SF4:
- The whole corny ass talking during the versus screen.
- The whole thing with the round thingys.
- Why don't you just say round one instead of the battle begins, lets picks up the pace, and etc etc.
- The bigs OOOOHHHH musclar guys(and we are complaing about our guys) and long legged girls. Ughh that is ugly.
- The big ass words that says, "K.O.", that pauses the fight and slow moes the fall.
- Big ass projectiles

Tekken:
- The Tekken: "get ready for the next battle".

Soul Calibur:
- The battle one fight. Gosh they say it so BORING!!! At least have emotion in it like MK does.
- Those fat ass swords they use.
- The fact that they have to much guest in.

MvC3(from what I seen):

Fighting games in gerne
- They don't say the words on the screen.
- They are not serious and IMO, they seem corny.

Aldo, I love your sense of humor! You always make me laugh!!!! :)

1. No K.O.s (with the exception of MK vs. DC)
2. No back = block shit
3. No multiple languages
4. No yelling out of move names
5. No lack of blood
6. No stupid customizable crap for characters
7. No ring outs

All I can think about as of now, more things will be added later maybe.

I actually like customization. But it wouldn't fit MK.

Now, I hate the back=block system, hate multiple languages and hate people yelling their move's name while they're doing it.