Things you are glad Mortal Kombat doesn't have from other fighting games.

34533434234.png

This. Its just something I've always been picky about. I know its in some fighters but not any of the major leading ones.

Well.. Wait this is what I'm glad MK has. I hate no block button.

SUCH A CLASSIC! omg i still remember the character select screen, " I WANNA TAKE YA FOR A RIDE!"
love it :D

HATE. THAT. SONG.

My brother knows I hate it, and is much better at MVC2 (and 3) than I am, and will taunt me by singing it whenever he wins.

This is very specific but i like how on tag team, the characters dont have a very dramatic 10 second death than the other character comes out, they just fly off and get right to the point :)

flat chested females. jk jk hahaha.

convoluted combo systems.

cartoony graphics (i'm lookin at you prior mk games).

oil wrestlers

generic anime characters / plots

characters who fight for love *snickers*

Ehhh, don't get too ahead of yourself cowboy.

If you don't think thats great fighting game music, you need your ears checked honey nut.

Instant rep.

Fighting game music has been both awesome and corny. People have to acknowledge that a lot of game music is amazing, and yes, some of our beloved MK steampunk tracks can be very corny and unoriginal. But then there are the good MK tracks... Sweet bliss exists in each fighter, and so do negative aspects.

But it doesnt have anything as bad as Kuma, Panda, Rodger, Mokujin, and Alex. IMO

Perhaps not this one, but if we're talking MK in general, Mokap takes the cake for cheesiest ever. Yes, bears fighting kangaroos is a stretch, but animals fight in nature, and we can stretch our minds (a FAR stretch) to include this in our imaginations for the Tekken world it represents. But Mokap is the ultimate 4th wall breaker. He doesn't chit chat with ya a la Deadpool, but he doesn't need to. He's literally a motion capture guy who somehow is fighting for the survival of the earth realm? Also, if cheese isn't being reserved for just the characters, let's not even get into half of the fatalities throughout MK's lifeline. I happen to love the little cheese elements in any game as it adds character and reminds us that we're playing for fun, and not for the actual destruction or survival of any realms.

Toasty!!!

Hard for me to get out, but I know something that I'm glad MK doesn't have in other fighting games:

1)Abuse of playable overpowering characters, like Sentinel, for one.
2)How that dark atmosphere is around that other fighting games are kinda lacking lately (Tekken 5 is the exception).
3)Not enough variety in the background music, or playing the same type of genre (MvC3 with too much techno). Have a little bit of variety like SF3-Third Strike had in their music.
4)Lack of variety, details, or customizing appearance of character's staple outfits. (Street Fighter, as a main example, although I like the game.)

The fifth and my main thing, that the other fighting games do have that MK no longer does since Deadly Alliance:

Spoiler:
5)Taking a lot damage, yet still looking in perfect condition. No bruises, clothing tear, blood running, etc.

Capoeira can work in MK. Kai has this handstand move in MK4, which he can do a variety of attacks while in the stance. I think the Capoeira style can work, although not that moving too much stance, but attack and gameplay-wise, it will. Plus, I have that track on my iPod, b,b,b,lp. Very kickass song, and best song from the Tekken franchise.