There will be two versions of the Rooftop

RodozUl

UPDATED: There will be two versions of the Rooftop

I'm sure many of you have noticed that they shown us two versions of the Rooftops.

There will be one Rooftop day (I assume that when Kahn's invasion is just starting)...

And Rooftop night... where we will see a more advanced level of merging of Earthrealm with outworld.

In the 2nd one the water tower dissapears and the building far behind has now a dragon mounted on it.

Just see the circles that I marked to notice the differences and similarities.

:)

UPDATE:
The stage wont change during the battle don't insist!!!!

In Liu Kang's vignette, at the battle intro of Liu Kang, the scenario it's already invaded. In Kung Lao's intro in MK first trailer, the scenario isn't invaded... in both moments, the battle is just starting... stop doing useless assumptions.

The two scenarions will be in the game.. it's not a replace... the sound leak of the OST called the track roofday so it's clear that it will be a darker theme called roofnite...

The most probably is that in Vs mode we will be able to choose the Rooftop and depending of what button you use to select the stage, it will appear Rooftop in day or Rooftop invaded.

rooftop.jpg

roofdaynight.jpg

roofcompare.jpg

jadea.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, i noticed that too, maybe it will be random when you choose the map, or the day rooftops will only be in story mode

...i don't think this place is rooftops...i think this is just very similar looking stage, but not rooftops, but'll see...

I'm thinking that the rooftop was one of the unfinished details of the game when they showed it to us. It would be kind of boring to have both a night and a day. Maybe when you're fighting on it the invasion, it starts off as day then starts to become more and more prevalent and you start to see stuff like portals opening up , etc. That'd be pretty cool.

I think it starts off as the top arena in day (hence why kung loa is doing his intro) and then as the fight progresses the other world starts merging in real time during the fight around the characters

I was the first to point that out in the Kang Vignette thread, but some people say they'll scrap the Rooftop during daytime and replace it with this one.
That's not gonna happen, because in the leaked soundtrack files, the rooftop theme is called "Roofday", indicating there will be two different soundtracks for Day & Night/ Invasion version.

I was the first to point that out in the Kang Vignette thread, but some people say they'll scrap the Rooftop during daytime and replace it with this one.
That's not gonna happen, because in the leaked soundtrack files, the rooftop theme is called "Roofday", indicating there will be two different soundtracks for Day & Night/ Invasion version.
yeah!! that's exactly what I think also... I've forgotten to point that.

It absolutely obvious that the both are the same rooftop stage in different time moments.

I really doubt that it will change during the battle, but I'm sure that in story mode we will see the progress of the invasion fighting in the different moments of that arena.

Probably all the arenas will have two versions... choosing one or another could be resolved choosing one of them pressing a different button of the default one, and maybe it could be unlockable at the time you are completing the story mode.

I'm thinking that the rooftop was one of the unfinished details of the game when they showed it to us. It would be kind of boring to have both a night and a day. Maybe when you're fighting on it the invasion, it starts off as day then starts to become more and more prevalent and you start to see stuff like portals opening up , etc. That'd be pretty cool.

Now that would be very cool. But I'm thinking they'll be two separate stages, because Liu's intro was performed in the already destroyed version. Hopefully we'll see the transition in the story mode.

What I'm thinking about the roofday file from the leak is it might just be like Yin Yang island from Deception. For those of you who don't remember : It was probably my favorite from Deception right next to the Prison stage with all of the other warriors in it.

I, personally, think that the day version is simply an early build of the stage. Haven't read through the comments, but that video was (if I recall correctly) from the introduction trailer -- a year ago. Seems plausible that the stage (rightfully) evolved; just look at the amount of detail via comparison. The new version is infinitely better and more suited for Mortal Kombat.

Proof I should read the comments before opening my mouth. Well played, facts. Well played.

I, personally, think that the day version is simply an early build of the stage. Haven't read through the comments, but that video was (if I recall correctly) from the introduction trailer -- a year ago. Seems plausible that the stage (rightfully) evolved; just look at the amount of detail via comparison. The new version is infinitely better and more suited for Mortal Kombat.

aside from the leaked audio being labeled "roofday" (which we can assume there will be a "night/invasion" version from this alone), in Jade's GameInformer reveal it shows her fighting Kitana on the Rooftop in daylight- besides, i HIGHLy doubt they would bother to render a complete arena and then "scrap" it in favor of an alternate version- why not just include both?

aside from the leaked audio being labeled "roofday" (which we can assume there will be a "night/invasion" version from this alone), in Jade's GameInformer reveal it shows her fighting Kitana on the Rooftop in daylight- besides, i HIGHLy doubt they would bother to render a complete arena and then "scrap" it in favor of an alternate version- why not just include both?

I agree with this. there is no reason to get rid of an arena. Plus it gives us an extra stage so to speak.

I really hope that it starts out a normal rooftop in daytime, then as the fight goes on, the buildings tear apart, and the portals open up, and the sky turns dark.

That would be awesome.

I'm not completely convinced that it will change interactively while you are fighting someone - the average fight will be over and done with before it gets to the night section! I don't see how it could change that drastically between round 1 and round 2, is what I mean. :p
Maybe they will be two separate stages, which I have no problem with.

Unless it's a boss fight, I guess.

The stage wont change during the battle don't insist!!!!

In Liu Kang's vignette, at the battle intro of Liu Kang, the scenario it's already invaded. In Kung Lao's intro in MK first trailer, the scenario isn't invaded... in both moments, the battle is just starting... stop doing useless assumptions.

The two scenarions will be in the game.. it's not a replace... the sound leak of the OST called the track roofday so it's clear that it will be a darker theme called roofnite...

The most probably is that in Vs mode we will be able to choose the Rooftop and depending of what button you use to select the stage, it will appear Rooftop in day or Rooftop invaded.

Last edited: