TRMK Tournaments/Ladders

What day and time are you available? Choose all that apply!

• Total voters

chood1994

Will TRMK be hosting any tournaments and/or competition ladders after the game has been out enough for everyone to practice a little? I think it would be a great way to show off your skills and to socialize with everyone from the site, while having some good ole fun!

The tournaments would obviously be traditional style with brackets and such, but I had an idea for TRMK to have a competition ladder similar to those on gamebattles.com

You can have separate tournaments/ladders for 1v1 and tag team. Members of the site could even pair up on a team to play tag and fight another pair of members!

What is everyones opinion on this?

Re: TRMk Tournaments/Ladders

I think it'd be a lot of fun! Given enough practice time that is. The control scheme, and how much it differs from the Klassic Mk's is kind of scaring me. I'm sure we'll all adapt to it rather fast, it's just scary.

We could organize some on here. Someone could make a big tourny image to keep people posted on the progress of it.

That is my goals, if anyone wants to help organize it on the forums here that'd be great. I was thinking weekly tournaments for a while. That sound too often?

I think it depends on your goal. Weekly tournaments do well to help people improve. Monthly tournaments are better if you want the competition to be about who's the best.

Maybe do weekly tournaments but alternate which console the tournament is held on?

From a personal perspective, if online isn't any better than it has been in previous MK games, I won't be playing hardly at all. Even if online is solid, I'll still play offline as much as I can for Evo prep.

I'd love to see a Ladder-style type of setup, but I think we should also cater to the members who are in different timezones. I was thinking about an NBA-Ladder type of setup, done by region and area, the top 2 or 4 members ontop of each region ladder should move on forward to take on the other top 2 or 4 members from other ladders, just like a Tournament setup after it.

I say we should propose a Tournament for the Top ranking players every month/few months after every players had enough time to rack up points on their ranking ladder.

How will we short it down? By reps 0-10 11-20 and so on? The 1st few people to say they are in? Age group?
And how will we do this without other people invading our stuff?

And my parner is gonna be DCP!

sounds like a really good idea. perhaps there's gonna be a new page on TRMK with coverage of the matches and stuff. tournaments saturday-sunday anyone?

I'm in! We could sort in by Rep Power or age. Maybe by skill level. So how does it work? We make a picture with whoever is in the tourney and update it everytime someone wins or loses. So like we make a lobby like in MK VS DC and name it TRMK. We join in, fight. Let's say I beat Aldo. The tournemnt image shows Aldo's name crossed and mine onto the next battle. We update the picture every few games so we know whats up. Also, we can split the members into PS3 and Xbox. Also tag team tourney's and normal tourneys depending on each week or Sunday we do them.

On top of that, we can make a private room online strictly for TRMK users and people can spectate the matches since thats one of the features of online gameplay! Keep it single player for now, Tag Team can be determined later. Also we are going to need two seperate brackets, one for 360, the other for PS3.

Maybe we need a new thread about rules and such since this thread is about the idea.

You want me to add a poll? What would the question be?

A poll with maybe what day of the week works with us? Possibly some times? Cause, I know I'll still be in school and wont be able to participate too late. But I'm so down for some tournaments.

A poll with maybe what day of the week works with us? Possibly some times? Cause, I know I'll still be in school and wont be able to participate too late. But I'm so down for some tournaments.

Ya, we also have to worry about the different time zones with people on the other side of the world!

PS. If you guys are too lazy to organize the tournaments and ladders and stuff, there is a site called fraggednation that lets you create your own private tournaments and ladders with your own rules and everything. We can add a password so only TRMK members can join it, and we don't have to hassle with updating pictures or anything! Ideas? I could easily make private tournaments on there for us. The only downside is if people dont wan't to make an account there but it is really harmless imo
http://www.fraggednation.com/xbox360/mortal-kombat

I'm in! We could sort in by Rep Power or age. Maybe by skill level. So how does it work? We make a picture with whoever is in the tourney and update it everytime someone wins or loses. So like we make a lobby like in MK VS DC and name it TRMK. We join in, fight. Let's say I beat Aldo. The tournemnt image shows Aldo's name crossed and mine onto the next battle. We update the picture every few games so we know whats up. Also, we can split the members into PS3 and Xbox. Also tag team tourney's and normal tourneys depending on each week or Sunday we do them.
Hmmmm by skill? How are we going to figure out what this person is at? Maybe age. That sounds more reasonable cause rep kan khange anytime.
Maybe a cerain week this age group should go and the next wek the other age group. And the winners from all age group should go have a tournament and to see who is the best from TRMK.
I kan't wait for the tag team one.

LOL thanks for using me as a example.

Yeah what he said. I got track mets every Saturdays. How about Fridays?

Alright guys I added a poll, I hope this is what you were looking for in the choices!