Dead Space 2 or Marvel vs Capcom 3

Both. Dead Space 2 is amazing. MVC3 will be amazing. DS2 does have multiplayer but have not check it out yet. If you're into replaying single player campaigns and upgrading, go with DS2. If you're into learning depth and strategy of having a fun time with friends, go with MVC3. But remember it is kinda difficult trying to master two fighting games at once, don't forget 70 days until Mortal Kombat.

I see myself playing MVC3 a lot longer then DS2, but then you have to figure in when MK (and Portal 2 come out)... I still see myself playing MVC3 more. But loving every moment of Dead Space.

Apples to oranges, but since I don't care for MVC3, I'm recommending DS2. I hear the multiplayer is lackluster though, so basically if you're looking for better replay value, MVC3 is it.

Get both when their prices go down though. DS2 is just such an amazing survival horror game, it's a shame to miss out.

I am getting both but if I had to choose I would pick MvC 3. I have been waiting 10 years for it.
MvC 3 has also a very high replay value (check MvC 2 people are still playing it 10 years later) while DS after finishing it 4-5 times for the trophies it will inevitably finish with your old games.
If you are looking for a game to kill some time until MK is out, go for Dead Space. Otherwise go for MvC 3.
It dosen't matter anyway, sooner or later you need to get both because these games are futur references in the gaming genre.

Last edited:
MVC3 its out of contest...DS2 su*cks! its another cheap ocmmercial attempt...no heart content, no soul, no thaught...its just hollowing game without any charm at alll...while MVC3 definitely has it all!

MVC3 its out of contest...DS2 su*cks! its another cheap ocmmercial attempt...no heart content, no soul, no thaught...its just hollowing game without any charm at alll...while MVC3 definitely has it all!

The third game in a series that has Marvel and Capcom assets to attract comic book and fighter fans isn't commercial? Be realistic here. MVC3 is even based on the TVC engine for more mainstream appeal.

DS2 is pretty much the complete opposite of what you just said, bad marketing campaign aside (I've completed the game). It's the current gen's best survival horror game without a doubt. It does lack replay value compared to a fighter though.

The third game in a series that has Marvel and Capcom assets to attract comic book and fighter fans isn't commercial? Be realistic here. MVC3 is even based on the TVC engine for more mainstream appeal.

DS2 is pretty much the complete opposite of what you just said, bad marketing campaign aside (I've completed the game). It's the current gen's best survival horror game without a doubt. It does lack replay value compared to a fighter though.

...dude i don't know about replay value and such...but i was bored playing it after first 10 mintues...i was like "to hell..." its booring as helll i can't even describe that...ok i won't continue on this route if you think its great - be with it...but don't try to convince me in opposite...MVC3 has heart content...period...

... yeah, not trying to change your mind there, but everything you said was subjective given that they're of two different genres. MVC3 is a far far more commercial game by every means than DS2, which happens to be of a niche genre and certainly not lacking in content.

I already have and finished ds2. Its a great game. One of the best games of this year. If theres anything i didn’t like about it. it was that it looked like they were trying too hard to make it scary. Like almost every room in the game was completely black. You usually had to aim your gun just to see. I played it like around 1:00am just so i could see. But ds2 is still great. It has “some” replay value if you like using other guns and levelling up more, and getting all the trophies/achievements.

Now MvC3 looks good. Ill probably get it as well. I don’t have alot to say about it because of course i haven’t played it. It looks fun and it will have lots of replay value o it. And im very picky with fighting games outside of mk. I just hope its as good as i think it will be.

But really, why are you comparing 2 completely different games? You should be comparing MvC3 to another fighting game and ds2 to another survival horror type game.

@TJHooker: man you gotta give a game more than 10 minutes to determine wether its good or not. I also find it rather disappointing that you thought ds2 had no heart content, no soul, no thought, and no charm to it. You might change your mind if you put more than 10 miutes into it. Im not gunna give you a detailed explanation here because i don’t want to spoil anyhing.