Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

  1. #81
    Special Forces Agent FlawlessVictor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanked: 426
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMadCow View Post
    I suppose that's true. My friend got mugged last year, and it was pretty traumatic for him. What freaked me out was that it was within walking distance from my house, and I thought I lived in a good neighborhood.
    Those nice neighborhoods are good targets for criminals. Residents in nicer neighborhoods tend to own more valuable items, not mention let their guard down due to a false sense of security.
    Last edited by FlawlessVictor; 02-27-2011 at 05:33 PM.

  2. #82
    Hollywood Superstar drapture17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Age
    34
    Posts
    781
    Twitter
    @DRapture17
    Xbox Live
    drapture17
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Yeah, it sucked. It was a great improvement moving to Rhode Island. Its all relative though, I guess at the end of the day I'm better for it and got me to be who I am today. I've taught all of my female relatives basic self-defense and although they don't carry, I make sure they have military quality pepper spray on them. Really glad you're not walking by yourself late at night, my little cousin was raped at 13 and got pregnant as a result a few years back. A lot of creeps out there, I got a 3wk old daughter and I've checked all of the registered self-offenders in my area, really sad to see the surprising number of those idiots in whats supposed to be a "nice" area.

  3. #83
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by drapture17 View Post
    Yeah, it sucked. It was a great improvement moving to Rhode Island. Its all relative though, I guess at the end of the day I'm better for it and got me to be who I am today. I've taught all of my female relatives basic self-defense and although they don't carry, I make sure they have military quality pepper spray on them. Really glad you're not walking by yourself late at night, my little cousin was raped at 13 and got pregnant as a result a few years back. A lot of creeps out there, I got a 3wk old daughter and I've checked all of the registered self-offenders in my area, really sad to see the surprising number of those idiots in whats supposed to be a "nice" area.
    ....and here comes the abortion thread. lol

  4. #84
    Hollywood Superstar drapture17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Age
    34
    Posts
    781
    Twitter
    @DRapture17
    Xbox Live
    drapture17
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    I think I'm gonna need a few red bulls before I get into that one Eks. Awesome profile pic btw.

  5. #85
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,883
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4381
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    I have always thought that people who are pro gun, are the same people that live in safe areas, suburbs, rural areas, and generally nice places. I may be wrong about that, but when you see your dad unconscious, bleeding in a hospital bed after he just got shot up in a home-invasion, you get a little sick at the thought of guns. And before anyone comes at me with "Your dad should of had weapons to protect himself", my dad was a ****ing gun nut. Sniper, shotgun, and countless handguns, he was more than equipped.

  6. #86
    Hollywood Superstar drapture17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Age
    34
    Posts
    781
    Twitter
    @DRapture17
    Xbox Live
    drapture17
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Really sorry to hear about your dad. I can not begin to fathom what you went through. My deepest sympathy for you and your family and I hope the scums that did that to him were caught and punished to the fullest extent.

  7. #87
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,883
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4381
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by drapture17 View Post
    Really sorry to hear about your dad. I can not begin to fathom what you went through. My deepest sympathy for you and your family and I hope the scums that did that to him were caught and punished to the fullest extent.
    My dad was a dead-beat and the man who did it is dead. I was just spooked because I had JUST left his house when it happened. My father is still alive, unfortunately.

  8. #88
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    How did the other guy die?
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  9. #89
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,883
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4381
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    How did the other guy die?
    My dad didn't take what happened lightly, thats all I'm saying about that topic.
    Love you Eks, and your sig.

  10. #90
    Hollywood Superstar drapture17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Age
    34
    Posts
    781
    Twitter
    @DRapture17
    Xbox Live
    drapture17
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    My dad was a dead-beat and the man who did it is dead. I was just spooked because I had JUST left his house when it happened. My father is still alive, unfortunately.
    Still, last thing I want is to offend you. Theres a time to debate and a time for playing, I felt that this was neither. I can empathize with your situation, but I can't pretend to know what is like to lose or be close to losing a parent.
    With that aside, the best advice I can give you is to keep moving forwards and eventually things will get better. I've stared down the barrel a few times and I've been more than lucky to be where I am today. After a while, you become stronger, the small things will have a stronger meaning.

  11. #91
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,447
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1170
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    I am split in this subject. Thats all I have to say LOL. And b,b,b,lp sorry to hear about your dad...

  12. #92
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,883
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4381
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Don't be sorry, I wasn't looking for a pity party. I just posted that story because I wondered what would have happened if I was still there. Might sound selfish, but you don't know him. Large thanks though for your concern.

  13. #93
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    294
    Thanked: 7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    The funniest thing so far about this thread is that every single person who took my post and attacked me with it is feeding into exactly what I made an example of.

    Of course an XBox controller is not designed to be a weapon. You shouldn't be afraid of it. I am not comparing the two. I even said, after all examples were given, that they were ridiculous statements. By feeding into them and using my own words to attack me, you prove exactly how ignorant you are. Someone here said that "by my rationale, we should allow people to have bombs." Guess what. There is nothing in the constitution that gives us the right to own or possess bombs. Bombs are not, should not and never will be allowed into the hands of the general public. This is why many states outlaw fireworks...they are seen as a makeshift explosive.

    Bombs are designed for specific uses.

    In the civilian sector, bombs are used in general demolitions work...demolishing buildings, clearing mines, etc. They have TREMENDOUS risks associated with them. This is why, in the civilian sector, demolitions experts go through rigorous, extensive training. It is one of the most difficult professions in existance because one simple mistake can end your life, and possibly countless others.

    In the military sector, they are used as weapons of destruction and chaos. They are designed to inflict terrible damage on the enemy and cause extensive collateral losses, not necessarily in human life, but in property. A bomb is used to destroy tactical facilities and strategic points. It is also a terrible effective anti-personnel weapon.

    Bombs are NOT legal to own. CERTAIN TYPES OF GUNS ARE. The police have specific squads that are trained to deal with explosives. These explosives experts are highly trained, many have military backgrounds, and they are the leading practitioners in their field. The reason they have these squads is because there are insane, dangerous people who seek to inflict terrible harm on innocent people. But wait...bombs are vicious, evil entities with minds of their own, right?

    Did you know that right now, there are enough components in your home to make probably over 100 types of bombs?

    By your idiotic rationale, which you seek to challenge my actual knowledge about the subject with, we should outlaw countless numbers of household cleaning products, electronics, alcohol, and food products. They can be used to make bombs. They're too dangerous, so we must outlaw them, right?

    When a gun acts upon free will and takes a life, then you can call me out. Until then, don't even dare attack me with your accusations. The responses I've seen to my post have reminded me yet again why I outgrew message boards almost 8 years ago. All you ignorant kids, hiding behind your tough guy internet facade have no clue what the real world is like. You think your opinion, as uninformed and blind as it is, is the only one that is correct. You are influenced by other like-minded, ignorant people who are always first to blame the device, and never the person.

    I knew that posting my response to this thread would prompt these attacks. I'm not the least bit ashamed of what I wrote, because it's the truth. You are within your right to hate guns. You are certainly within your right to fear them. You can even stand up and say that the Constitutional Amendment decalring the right of American citizens to bear arms should be challenged. Good luck, you've got 200+ years of that amendment's longevity to contend with.

    And you loudmouth idiots who used the shooting in arizona against me? Guess what. Have you actually researched ANYTHING about that shooting? Have you seen that mutant-looking freak? Are you the least bit aware of what kind of nutjob he was? Are you going to sit there and tell me that the manufacturer of the gun he used commanded him to brutally murder those people? He was a freak. He should burn for what he did. How dare any of you A-holes think I defend that shooting.

    But then here I am getting angry at idiots on a message board. It's really not even worth my time. It has nothing to do with MK, which is what this site represents. People have different opinions, always. Guns are like politics...you have your belief, and the opposing side is going to attack you like a slavering, mindless moron because your belief conflicts with theirs. That's life.

    And as a closing statement, as I have no intention of returning to this thread to feed into your moronic attacks, know this:

    When I was living on Long Island, which has in the past 10 years become a haven for dangerous Latin gangs, my best buddy, my wife and I were held up at gun point as 3 MS-13 members broke into his apartment at 11pm at night for a home invasion. We weren't harmed, but I was more afraid of the maniac wielding the gun than I was of the actual gun because, like I pointed out in my first post on this thread, this same maniac could have used ANY OTHER object in a threatening manner that would have the same effect. A gun would kill me just as easily as a sledgehammer blow to my head. While I don't necessarily feel "safer" to now own my own gun, I am happy to know that it is my constitutional right to own this gun, which I have obtained legally and properly, and can use it to defend my home at any time from events like that.

    Just so you know, your stance is the same stance that morons like Hillary Clinton uses to say that video games should be outlawed and banned from the United States. She has a whole anti-game advocacy group. Sucks to know you're no better than those people who aim to take away your Kombat, eh?

  14. #94
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Shang_Heihachi View Post
    The funniest thing so far about this thread is that every single person who took my post and attacked me with it is feeding into exactly what I made an example of.

    Of course an XBox controller is not designed to be a weapon. You shouldn't be afraid of it. I am not comparing the two. I even said, after all examples were given, that they were ridiculous statements. By feeding into them and using my own words to attack me, you prove exactly how ignorant you are. Someone here said that "by my rationale, we should allow people to have bombs." Guess what. There is nothing in the constitution that gives us the right to own or possess bombs. Bombs are not, should not and never will be allowed into the hands of the general public. This is why many states outlaw fireworks...they are seen as a makeshift explosive.

    Bombs are designed for specific uses.

    In the civilian sector, bombs are used in general demolitions work...demolishing buildings, clearing mines, etc. They have TREMENDOUS risks associated with them. This is why, in the civilian sector, demolitions experts go through rigorous, extensive training. It is one of the most difficult professions in existance because one simple mistake can end your life, and possibly countless others.

    In the military sector, they are used as weapons of destruction and chaos. They are designed to inflict terrible damage on the enemy and cause extensive collateral losses, not necessarily in human life, but in property. A bomb is used to destroy tactical facilities and strategic points. It is also a terrible effective anti-personnel weapon.

    Bombs are NOT legal to own. CERTAIN TYPES OF GUNS ARE. The police have specific squads that are trained to deal with explosives. These explosives experts are highly trained, many have military backgrounds, and they are the leading practitioners in their field. The reason they have these squads is because there are insane, dangerous people who seek to inflict terrible harm on innocent people. But wait...bombs are vicious, evil entities with minds of their own, right?

    Did you know that right now, there are enough components in your home to make probably over 100 types of bombs?

    By your idiotic rationale, which you seek to challenge my actual knowledge about the subject with, we should outlaw countless numbers of household cleaning products, electronics, alcohol, and food products. They can be used to make bombs. They're too dangerous, so we must outlaw them, right?

    When a gun acts upon free will and takes a life, then you can call me out. Until then, don't even dare attack me with your accusations. The responses I've seen to my post have reminded me yet again why I outgrew message boards almost 8 years ago. All you ignorant kids, hiding behind your tough guy internet facade have no clue what the real world is like. You think your opinion, as uninformed and blind as it is, is the only one that is correct. You are influenced by other like-minded, ignorant people who are always first to blame the device, and never the person.

    I knew that posting my response to this thread would prompt these attacks. I'm not the least bit ashamed of what I wrote, because it's the truth. You are within your right to hate guns. You are certainly within your right to fear them. You can even stand up and say that the Constitutional Amendment decalring the right of American citizens to bear arms should be challenged. Good luck, you've got 200+ years of that amendment's longevity to contend with.

    And you loudmouth idiots who used the shooting in arizona against me? Guess what. Have you actually researched ANYTHING about that shooting? Have you seen that mutant-looking freak? Are you the least bit aware of what kind of nutjob he was? Are you going to sit there and tell me that the manufacturer of the gun he used commanded him to brutally murder those people? He was a freak. He should burn for what he did. How dare any of you A-holes think I defend that shooting.

    But then here I am getting angry at idiots on a message board. It's really not even worth my time. It has nothing to do with MK, which is what this site represents. People have different opinions, always. Guns are like politics...you have your belief, and the opposing side is going to attack you like a slavering, mindless moron because your belief conflicts with theirs. That's life.

    And as a closing statement, as I have no intention of returning to this thread to feed into your moronic attacks, know this:

    When I was living on Long Island, which has in the past 10 years become a haven for dangerous Latin gangs, my best buddy, my wife and I were held up at gun point as 3 MS-13 members broke into his apartment at 11pm at night for a home invasion. We weren't harmed, but I was more afraid of the maniac wielding the gun than I was of the actual gun because, like I pointed out in my first post on this thread, this same maniac could have used ANY OTHER object in a threatening manner that would have the same effect. A gun would kill me just as easily as a sledgehammer blow to my head. While I don't necessarily feel "safer" to now own my own gun, I am happy to know that it is my constitutional right to own this gun, which I have obtained legally and properly, and can use it to defend my home at any time from events like that.

    Just so you know, your stance is the same stance that morons like Hillary Clinton uses to say that video games should be outlawed and banned from the United States. She has a whole anti-game advocacy group. Sucks to know you're no better than those people who aim to take away your Kombat, eh?
    You were held at gunpoint because someone sold the idiots GUNS.

    And seriously, if the guys came running in with a sledgehammer, your chances of getting away unharmed are much greater than if they came running in with a gun. With a sledgehammer, they need to be close up. With a gun, all they have to do is point and shoot.

    You're so ****ing far out with your logic that it's borderline insane.

    I mean, now you're bringing up household components and comparing them to guns? What the hell? How does that make the selling of guns right?

    So by your logic, because there are thousands of different ways to kill a person, it should be okay to sell more dangerous shit to the average Joe? In this case, more is NOT good.

    That's like saying, "Can I have some more cancer with my cancer, please? I'd like a little for my brain today."

    Guns serve their purpose. There is a time and a place for them. You and I should have no right to own a gun. No one on this forum should own a gun. Especially the people on this forum. Most of them are ****ing nuts. Myself included.

    And no, it's not the same as the video games should be outlawed stance. That's just ignorance.
    Games are not designed to kill. Games are entertainment. But the purpose of a gun is to maim or take away life.

    Get your shit straight.

  15. #95
    Black Dragon Recruit Umon Daisuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    612
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictor View Post
    Gun control is doesn't always mean guns ownership is banned altogether. It just means restricting their distribution and how easily they are acquired.
    That's exactly what I meant, and noted that banning is not a realistic option. The gun control we have here in Canada just makes it hard for individuals to legally obtain/register guns, but it's far from perfect. For example, I can look into getting one myself, but it'll take months and cost a pretty penny to boot.

    It does get pretty ridiculous here though, even with cops. Every time they reach for their guns, they'll have to fill out a ton of paper work.

  16. #96
    Black Dragon Recruit mcgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    529
    Thanked: 55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by drapture17 View Post
    You make a great point, but remember not too long ago, nobody knew how to make crystal meth and now you have the avg joe making it out of a coke bottle. Let me tell you, the most difficult thing to do in pharmacological research is make something that doesn't kill the patient. You also have a bunch of guys in the desert that can make a remotely activated bomb with less than $5 US dollars worth of materials! If there is a will, there is a way.
    Also, let me post you this scenario, how do you think you'll do if I wake up you at 4am by breaking down the door, in the dark and ask you to shoot at those clays again while the clays shoot back? And how do you do this while making sure your ammo doesn't hit your loved ones or your neighbors.
    You see what I mean though? you are one of the anti-gun ownership individuals that have a very valid point and I'm not saying that you're wrong, because you're not. Its all about the individual circumstances, how do you tell a hardworking single mother of 2 that lives in the ghetto and has to walk home from her 2nd job at 3am in the morning that she can't have a gun to defend herself?
    I'm glad you're hearing me out, but I'm not clear on the point you're trying to make about meth. I definitely agree that the will creates a way, but in the heat of passion in the blink of an eye, people get murdered. Not exclusively, and I don't know if it happens more often than not, but that's how it goes.

    I used to work at a pawn shop, and I saw with my own eyes a dude threaten somebody right after I sold him a gun. The waiting period was still in affect, and we refunded him his money, canceled his order and banned him from the store, but the dude was totally approved, despite having a few alleged assaults on his record (that I know of) and being borderline retarded. He could have very easily just left our store and bought one somewhere else. But that's why the waiting period is in place, to give people time to cool off in case they have murder on their mind. By the way, if you live in Bakersfield, this gentleman's name is Dennis. He's always at Jerry's Pizza, has a lazy eye, and loves talking about computers, and still makes me fracking nervous whenever he comes around.

    My point is that, you're right, the crafty will always be able to get shit done when they have the will. But there's a lot of idiots for whom guns are a shorthand. Especially in more urban areas.
    Last edited by mcgriffin; 02-28-2011 at 02:16 AM.

  17. #97
    Black Dragon Recruit mcgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    529
    Thanked: 55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Shang_Heihachi View Post
    The funniest thing so far about this thread is that every single person who took my post and attacked me with it is feeding into exactly what I made an example of.

    Of course an XBox controller is not designed to be a weapon. You shouldn't be afraid of it. I am not comparing the two. I even said, after all examples were given, that they were ridiculous statements. By feeding into them and using my own words to attack me, you prove exactly how ignorant you are. Someone here said that "by my rationale, we should allow people to have bombs." Guess what. There is nothing in the constitution that gives us the right to own or possess bombs. Bombs are not, should not and never will be allowed into the hands of the general public. This is why many states outlaw fireworks...they are seen as a makeshift explosive.

    Bombs are designed for specific uses.

    In the civilian sector, bombs are used in general demolitions work...demolishing buildings, clearing mines, etc. They have TREMENDOUS risks associated with them. This is why, in the civilian sector, demolitions experts go through rigorous, extensive training. It is one of the most difficult professions in existance because one simple mistake can end your life, and possibly countless others.

    In the military sector, they are used as weapons of destruction and chaos. They are designed to inflict terrible damage on the enemy and cause extensive collateral losses, not necessarily in human life, but in property. A bomb is used to destroy tactical facilities and strategic points. It is also a terrible effective anti-personnel weapon.

    Bombs are NOT legal to own. CERTAIN TYPES OF GUNS ARE. The police have specific squads that are trained to deal with explosives. These explosives experts are highly trained, many have military backgrounds, and they are the leading practitioners in their field. The reason they have these squads is because there are insane, dangerous people who seek to inflict terrible harm on innocent people. But wait...bombs are vicious, evil entities with minds of their own, right?

    Did you know that right now, there are enough components in your home to make probably over 100 types of bombs?

    By your idiotic rationale, which you seek to challenge my actual knowledge about the subject with, we should outlaw countless numbers of household cleaning products, electronics, alcohol, and food products. They can be used to make bombs. They're too dangerous, so we must outlaw them, right?

    When a gun acts upon free will and takes a life, then you can call me out. Until then, don't even dare attack me with your accusations. The responses I've seen to my post have reminded me yet again why I outgrew message boards almost 8 years ago. All you ignorant kids, hiding behind your tough guy internet facade have no clue what the real world is like. You think your opinion, as uninformed and blind as it is, is the only one that is correct. You are influenced by other like-minded, ignorant people who are always first to blame the device, and never the person.

    I knew that posting my response to this thread would prompt these attacks. I'm not the least bit ashamed of what I wrote, because it's the truth. You are within your right to hate guns. You are certainly within your right to fear them. You can even stand up and say that the Constitutional Amendment decalring the right of American citizens to bear arms should be challenged. Good luck, you've got 200+ years of that amendment's longevity to contend with.

    And you loudmouth idiots who used the shooting in arizona against me? Guess what. Have you actually researched ANYTHING about that shooting? Have you seen that mutant-looking freak? Are you the least bit aware of what kind of nutjob he was? Are you going to sit there and tell me that the manufacturer of the gun he used commanded him to brutally murder those people? He was a freak. He should burn for what he did. How dare any of you A-holes think I defend that shooting.

    But then here I am getting angry at idiots on a message board. It's really not even worth my time. It has nothing to do with MK, which is what this site represents. People have different opinions, always. Guns are like politics...you have your belief, and the opposing side is going to attack you like a slavering, mindless moron because your belief conflicts with theirs. That's life.

    And as a closing statement, as I have no intention of returning to this thread to feed into your moronic attacks, know this:

    When I was living on Long Island, which has in the past 10 years become a haven for dangerous Latin gangs, my best buddy, my wife and I were held up at gun point as 3 MS-13 members broke into his apartment at 11pm at night for a home invasion. We weren't harmed, but I was more afraid of the maniac wielding the gun than I was of the actual gun because, like I pointed out in my first post on this thread, this same maniac could have used ANY OTHER object in a threatening manner that would have the same effect. A gun would kill me just as easily as a sledgehammer blow to my head. While I don't necessarily feel "safer" to now own my own gun, I am happy to know that it is my constitutional right to own this gun, which I have obtained legally and properly, and can use it to defend my home at any time from events like that.

    Just so you know, your stance is the same stance that morons like Hillary Clinton uses to say that video games should be outlawed and banned from the United States. She has a whole anti-game advocacy group. Sucks to know you're no better than those people who aim to take away your Kombat, eh?
    Did anybody actually attack this guy, or just disagree with him? He just called all of us morons and idiots, and then told us how it's our right to disagree, after a bunch of lessons about laws we already know, but simply disagree with.

    Shang, I'm sure you really did bounce forever, but it's called a debate homey. I don't think I personally ever said you weren't allowed to have a gun. I certainly didn't call you an idiot.

    You have a lot of contradictions in your argument. That's okay, as you seem very prone to cite the law in your debate, and that's fine, but something's legality isn't necessarily a sign that it's right or safe. For example, you don't like our comparisons of guns and bombs, as bombs are illegal. But a bomb, much like a gun, can't intentionally hurt somebody, which is what your whole argument is based on.

    I'm sure you'd never argue for bombs to be legal. Just like I'm never going to let Hillary Clinton take our video games away. I'm a liberal, though I lean kinda libertarian in a lot of ways. I've said this before, I'll never tell you you can't have a gun. But there needs to be more checks and balances in the way they get out there, and there certainly needs to be more steady-handed conversation, and less shouting.

    I'm not attacking you.

    I imagine people are going to start getting really mad, because you called us morons and idiots and ignorant and all that. I can only hope you understand that though we disagree, I wouldn't mind a compromise between safety and deterrent. I live in the city, and every time a murder is committed with a legally acquired gun, it shows the system isn't working.

    But that doesn't mean all gun ownership is bad. Hopefully you'll come back and we can have this conversation more like adults.

    PS: More of an argument for gun control here, what if said MS-13 gang member DID have a sledgehammer, and you had a gun? Isn't that preferable? Making guns harder to get would mean they fall in the hands of non-criminal home owners more often than dangerous gangsters. The harder we make it for them to get them, the better off we are.

  18. #98
    Elder God Jade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hugh Jackman's Pants
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,432
    Thanked: 505
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    There's no need to call each other idiots/morons/etc. Grow hair on your chest and discuss it like adults.

    ~Thanks =)

    Team Chris Redfield
    CM Punk > You

  19. #99
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pro Gun Anti-Gun

    I'd just like to point out that, technically, bombs do fit the definition of "arms", so, constitutionally speaking, we should still be allowed to own them, too. If the Constitution singled out specific weapons, then we would be violating it by owning anything it mentioned, but since the 2nd Amendment was created to allow us to protect ourselves from each other AND the government, they didn't want to single out anything because doing so would put "the people" at an automatic disadvantage since the government would have the upper-hand from an arms standpoint.
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  20. #100
    New Kombatant Abhishek Gangulee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    47
    Twitter
    @Abishai100
    Thanked: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    The Death Star!

    When human beings first began to use tools and make weapons, they used these 'toys' to hunt wild game (animals) for food (meat), and later, when they began forming settlements, they started using tools/weapons to create defensive measures. Many centuries later, man has evolved to develop nuclear weapons which they aim at nations while keeping animals in zoos and selling beef and meats in supermarket chains such as Wal-Mart.

    The concept of self-defense and hunting was why weapons (e.g., guns) were first invented and today, in many high schools across the USA, teachers tell students about the development of the NRA and the treatment of animals in zoos and the sale of black market munitions to terrorist groups such as the IRA and ISIS.

    So when exactly did humanity decide that hunting animals was simply not exciting enough? When did humanity decide that the use of guns could imply aggressive behaviors towards fellow men?

    Surely, Industrialization was a pivotal 'event' and the development of nuclear weapons and toxic waste impacted humanity's perspective on the ethical use of 'toys.'

    I like when kids play with water-guns, but I get scared when I think about countless impressionable American high school students watching MTV videos showboating gangsters and hoodlums armed with black market guns and pistols.

    Maybe it's all like Star Wars, and we're progressing towards some ominous 'martial-law' Death Star (or a totem of complete savagery) and a loss of our 'primal innocence.' I think that's what the innocence-devastation film Elephant, a vignette about a gun-related high school massacre, insinuates (rather intelligently!).




    ====

    GOD: Even kids think about playing with guns in the modern world.
    SATAN: That's what Gus Van Sant's biting film Elephant is all about...
    GOD: Teachers and parents should tell young students about the dangers of firearms.
    SATAN: Politicians fail to address the gravity of NRA-related controversy.
    GOD: America was founded on selovernance principles, and citizens still believe the right to bear arms is linked to self-defense.
    SATAN: However, many inner-city gang members in Los Angeles and other major cities purchase guns to create territorialism.
    GOD: Yes, gangs defend their 'turf' and sometimes with firearms.
    SATAN: There's simply not enough political and psychological talk about the 'development' of criminality and violence.
    GOD: Why are ancient cavemen portrayed as 'simple savages'?
    SATAN: It's embarrassing to talk about the 'corruption of Industrialization, since so much labor goes into power-plants.
    GOD: High school teachers should tell students about water-guns and peaceful 'mock-fight' rituals such as Holi (India)!
    SATAN: They should also teach students about war-epics such as the Mahabharata and Star Wars!
    GOD: I'd be wary if humanity is actually creating some negligent 'Death Star'...
    SATAN: It's possible, which is why there are naturalism-programs (e.g., Animal Planet).
    GOD: In that case, there should be parental supervision in the purchasing of video-games which present graphic imagery.
    SATAN: Yes, Mortal Kombat and Gears of War are rather graphic/violent video-games.
    GOD: That's why I really like youth-innocence films such as Varsity Blues and School Daze.
    SATAN: Make love not war...as the cliched proverb goes...

    ====






    zoo.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Strykers new gun
    By Methados in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. Anti-spyware
    By Goraka in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 04:53 AM
  3. The Anti-Kochal Revealed!
    By Glamador in forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •