Sektor Moves Speculation and Observation

LocustToyBox

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would try give some information on characters other than Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Mileena.

Special Moves:
Missile - Standard projectile missile that we are used to.
Upward Missile - Same as his MKA upward missile
Flame Thrower - Same properties as Lex Luthors flame thrower in MkvsDC (not sure about properties)
Teleport Punch - MK3 onwards teleport punch
FlyKick - Batman in MKvsDC type flykick, seen in the Mkast's as his Entrance attack in Tag-Team mode.

Sektor appears to using iron man like repulsers in his palms, in his basic attacks and at the end of his X-Ray, so maybe we will see some sort of Repulser Special Move or Enhanced move, if it is not already in the game maybe one will be added to his special moves as it appears to already be a feature. He uses is for his X-ray, Basic Attacks, End of round Victory pose, and winning animation.

In the Mkast we see Sektor performing his Entrance move in Tag-Team mode which is generally a special move that the character already has. It is a fly kick move that we have not seen performed by anyone in any demonstration except for the Mkast, maybe this move was added recently.

ENHANCED MOVES:
Double Missile (Enhanced Straight missile) - Could be two straight forward missiles (MKT), or an upward missile combined with a straight missile.

Homing Missile (Enhanced upward missile) - CONFIRMED MK3 & UMK3 homing missile, it is also his assist attack in Tag-Team mode.

Teleport Punch Down (Enhance Teleport Punch) - CONFIRMED, adds a punch down pop-up to the end of his teleport punch.

Flame Thrower - It appears to have the same properties as his special move flame thrower, it could be just slightly longer distance or maybe it is just a place holder. When he performed it in PAX his super meter went down one third, but I noticed no real difference, any extra info on this would be great.

FlyKick - Mkast video, he performs a fly kick as part of his entrance attack in Co-Op mode with Scorpion, so we have yet to see his Special confirmed in a listing and footage of his Enhanced version of this move.

His throw that throws the opponent behind him was basically Cyborg smokes throw from MK3 and his forward throw was the exact same throw, maybe this is just a place holder, lets hope his MK3 throw makes a come back.

If Sektor only has his Missile, Upward missile, flame thrower and teleport punch as his specials, then he will be a very boring long range character who will suffer greatly in up-close kombat, hopefully he will be balanced properly.

Has anyone else got info on any Sektor speculation?

Last edited:
The homing missle is the enhanced version of the upwards missle.

I do not remember trying the EX flame thrower but it probably was unfinished. It wouldn't be the only move like that. Kitana had moves that were listed as EX moves in the movelist and would drain meter but wouldn't act any differently.

I know the input for the telecut is changed. It's d,f and a kick button.

Thanks for this Sektor Thread, it's an excellent idea ! He is my favorite character at the moment at UMK3...

About MK9's Sektor, sure he is a long range character, but he is also one of the faster : His straight missile and his teleport punches avec very, very fast ! I hope he will keep this property in MK9 !

It's sad, in my point of vue, that NetherRealm Studio kept some animation from MK VS DCU !!!!! I would prefer a better (and NEW) flamethrower for Sektor, than the slow-small-range one of Lew Luthor !!!

Looking at Sektors upward missile properties, I can tell that if you use it in the same way I use shang's upward projectile in MKvsDC, by inputting an upward projectile after a blocked mini combo (3-4% damage) the missile will bail you out of the combo and leave the opponent having to either dash back or stand blocking, you will get your opportunity to move in for some shin kicks or an 8-10% Throw, or repeating the mini combo into upward missile...Sektor can very dirty and that tactic appears to be only one of his limited up close exploits to try.

Try it with Shang in MKvsDC and tell me how you get on, its a tricky one to get out of.

Dude you have to put links man, with all this info on the moves you got going on we need some proof! Hahaha, but seriously how do you find all the good videos.

Its been blatantly stated in the MKast, Sektor is designed as long range character in this iteration. I don't see how being a long rang-character how is a bad thing while there are plenty of fighting game characters who are optimally played at close range. He does need some tool that will help him keep his distance when a foe gets too close though.

Its been blatantly stated in the MKast, Sektor is designed as long range character in this iteration. I don't see how being a long rang-character how is a bad thing while there are plenty of fighting game characters who are optimally played at close range. He does need some tool that will help him keep his distance when a foe gets too close though.

What will he do against teleporting characters, though? As soon as he fires a missile at a distance, they'll teleport and combo off of it. Seems like he's too one-sided, and will suffer greatly in certain matchups. Cyrax, on the other hand, seems really well rounded.

What will he do against teleporting characters, though? As soon as he fires a missile at a distance, they'll teleport and combo off of it. Seems like he's too one-sided, and will suffer greatly in certain matchups. Cyrax, on the other hand, seems really well rounded.

Sektor can teleport too. Besides, Sektor looks to be pretty deadly at hand to hand from what we've seen from the videos.

I never once said that having long range moves is a bad thing, when did I say that?

What I did say was he needs something to balance him out or he will suffer with a lack of options for zoning and up close ranges.

In the Mkast 2.2 at 5.50 ''sektor is more of a long range to mid range charecter'', but that doesn't mean its ok for him to have no up close moves considering almost every other character that is good up close and zoning such as Cage, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, etc, also have really great long distance projectiles. All I am saying is Sektor would need to be given something up close to balance him or he will fall right down to the bottom of the tier list very quickly, just like Lex in MKvsDC, a lot of similarities.

Sektor can teleport too. Besides, Sektor looks to be pretty deadly at hand to hand from what we've seen from the videos.

Yeah, Sektor has an awesome teleport, but you can't just fire a missile, see the opp teleport, and then teleport yourself to counter. Unless his missiles have near-zero recovery.

I haven't really seen him being deadly at close-range, either. No more than any of the other characters so far, anyway. Do you have an example?

Yeah, Sektor has an awesome teleport, but you can't just fire a missile, see the opp teleport, and then teleport yourself to counter. Unless his missiles have near-zero recovery.

I haven't really seen him being deadly at close-range, either. No more than any of the other characters so far, anyway. Do you have an example?

Well thats the whole point, if you use your projectile at the wrong time, you get punished.

I never said that Sektor was better than anyone else at hand to hand, I was just saying he isn't lacking in it.
As for the example, just watch the gamespot e3 interview, he has some good pop-ups :)

Well thats the whole point, if you use your projectile at the wrong time, you get punished.

I never said that Sektor was better than anyone else at hand to hand, I was just saying he isn't lacking in it.
As for the example, just watch the gamespot e3 interview, he has some good pop-ups :)

Yeah, that's fair, my point was just that he's gonna have a much harder time against characters with teleports. That's true of any character with projectiles, obviously, but Sektor doesn't seem to have a whole lot else, other than his own teleport and the flamethrower.

I noticed that up close he used a couple of short strings that created a lot of space, so that's good. It's just his special moves seem lacking. We'll see, though, obviously.

He does need some tool that will help him keep his distance when a foe gets too close though.

It was said in one of the MKasts that he has a palm strike that pushes the opponent away. That complements his far-range style, if the opponent gets too close, you do this palm strike and you're at good range again.

Yeah, that's fair, my point was just that he's gonna have a much harder time against characters with teleports. That's true of any character with projectiles, obviously, but Sektor doesn't seem to have a whole lot else, other than his own teleport and the flamethrower.

I noticed that up close he used a couple of short strings that created a lot of space, so that's good. It's just his special moves seem lacking. We'll see, though, obviously.

Your right, but the OP said that he had a flying kick, I haven't personally seen it but hey, ya never know lol. I don't like fighting games with "rock paper scissors" type characters. Like if he chooses this guy then I can't pick that guy.

Your right, but the OP said that he had a flying kick, I haven't personally seen it but hey, ya never know lol. I don't like fighting games with "rock paper scissors" type characters. Like if he chooses this guy then I can't pick that guy.

I don't like that, either. Hopefully MK9 won't have any seriously bad matchups (like 2-8 or worse).

They should just make Sektor's projectiles have seriously fast recovery, so that you'd have to telegraph them to be able to punish them with teleports.