MKI

guitarguy1181

Anyone have any advice on how to win the endurance matches on MK1? Its just been so long since Ive played it, well where I haven't been able to set it on easy.

Keep trying. I don't know what other advice to give you. All I can really say is using a lot of jump kicks is usually the way to go. Just do a flip backward, or walk backward a little ways and do jump kicks, they'll often connect. If you don't move back first, though, the computer usually catches you.

There's one sort of "glitch" that I've always used in the endurance rounds. It's not exactly a glitch par se, and I imagine most people would know about it, but anyways, playing as Scorpion or Sub-Zero: after you defeat the first fighter, you can do the harpoon or freeze to catch the second fighter jumping in (which obviously will at least give you a free uppercut). They can't dodge it in any way. I think this works with most everyone's projectile attacks, but I mostly only play as Scorp and Subby in MK1, so I can't say for sure.

Well what I do is play defensive on the first guy and pick my spots. The first one usually plays slower than the second one.The important thing is being able to still play offensive when the second one pops up. If you got life to give you can take some chances and evcen the fight up. Try to stay far away because if they get to punching you or sweeping you it'll be a very long day before you win. Other than that just keep trying as they get easier with the continues.

???

Isn't there a johnny cage glitch with the pit where you can fight Ermac?

Also Ive done a double flawless, fatality, no blocks on the pit and no Reptile? Whats up with that?

Re: ???

angelsmommy2002 said:
Isn't there a johnny cage glitch with the pit where you can fight Ermac?

Also Ive done a double flawless, fatality, no blocks on the pit and no Reptile? Whats up with that?

MK 1 it was Reptile you fight in the pit. Ermac was a red scorpion/subzero color error in the arcade machines.

He was an error, and supposedly that was how they got the idea for Ermac, because the error was called, Error Macro or something like that, and it changed whatever ninja you were fighting to the color red. I've never witnessed it though so I don't know for sure.

Bodomite1014 said:
He was an error, and supposedly that was how they got the idea for Ermac, because the error was called, Error Macro or something like that, and it changed whatever ninja you were fighting to the color red. I've never witnessed it though so I don't know for sure.

As I know it, it could only happen when fighting Scorpion. He was a Scorpion palette error and I guess he'd show up as red and his life bar would screw up and read "ErMac" or "ErrMac" or something like that, and he'd proceed to whoop the hell out of you. Few have seen it, I've never seen it, and I don't know anyone who's ever seen it.

So anyway, he's not actually a character in MK1, just a huge, rare glitch. I think I've even heard that this could only happen on the original MK arcade boards. When they changed it, they might have fixed the error.

angelsmommy2002 said:

There has to be a silhouette flying in front of the moon on the match you do it. It won't work, otherwise.

angelsmommy2002 said:
And only 1 out of 10,000 times your on the pit to see something go across the moon, which is bogus.

I played through maybe 3 or 4 consecutive games against the computer and ended up getting something passing by the moon, so it's not that rare. It is pretty bogus, but Boon never liked to make things easy.

???

Can you get it on the first time you play on the pit or does it need to be higher up the tower? Also what about continueing, will it still work, I could just keep continueing on the first person and keep trying it that way.

angelsmommy2002 said:
Can you get it on the first time you play on the pit or does it need to be higher up the tower? Also what about continueing, will it still work, I could just keep continueing on the first person and keep trying it that way.

I don't think it matters. I've only seen something fly by the moon once on this particular version of MK1 (it ended up being on an endurance round), but then again I haven't played it much. I did draw a silhouette in front of them moon after doing a bunch of two-player games on the MAME version, though, so I don't think it matters at all.

It should happen every certain number of matches no matter what the circumstances.

Keep trying to win the Endurance Matches in anyway you can. I beat it with Johnny Cage weeks ago in my cousins house. I didn't give until I beat all three Endurance matches. Alot of jumping back and jumping forward kicks helped.

Personaly,I never had aproblem with any of the games,I have always stuck with my boy scorpion.when it comes to the endurance in Mk1 then I say gowith scorpion,The spear/uppercut was always a classic then you just jump towards them and do a combo just repeat 8) :twisted:

WHERE did you get MAME?

Id like to get it and be able to play you, can you help me out on what it is and where to get it? Also can you play "the grid" on it?

And NBA JAM TE 1.0 and all the MK games?

angelsmommy2002 said:
And only 1 out of 10,000 times your on the pit to see something go across the moon, which is bogus.
the odds are actually supposed to be 1 in 6, but i could be wrong.

MK1 is actually the easiest game ever when it comes to patterns.. all you have to do is jump backwards and jump forwards and kick in the latter half of your jumping arc.. when playing as Lui Kang, it doesn't always work.

Anyway, this is the only game (that I know of) that I can beat literally blind-folded.