Select Screen Music

MKKing

MK 3 had the best select screen music, announcer, stage music, Shao's voice, etc..
But I think we all already heard the MK 2011 select screen music if you downloaded the widget, its alright hope they change it to make it sound more dark. I'm pretty sure that is the new music.

I hope the Widget music isn't the select screen music. I was hoping for a return to the classics.

I mean, the music isn't bad or anything... Eh. Just not what I'm hoping for. Sounds kinda cheap.

MK 1, MK 2, MK 3 so hope they remix maybe one of these I prefer MK 3 though.

It would be sweet if they remixed them all, and randomized the tune each time you entered the select screen. Yes they should do that, but they wont. The jerks!! lol

It would be sweet if they remixed them all, and randomized the tune each time you entered the select screen. Yes they should do that, but they wont. The jerks!! lol

That's a nice idea actually, one that they likely won't use, but it would be sweet if they did. I am also hoping for TMK's idea that he brought up to Ed to happen, where they'd have unlockable MK1 announcer's voice(Ed Boon), and classic stage music tunes. Where you could switch them out if you want in the options menu once you unlock them. Ed said it was a great idea, but usually that kind of stuff gets left off the game for some reason, even though most of us old time fans would love the option. It's options like these that would make great krypt items or secret unlockables etc.

Here's a video of all the select screen music from MK1-MKvsDC that TMK did, for those who need a fresh reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5utP9Ou1Rk

I would like something along the lines of MK1 or MK2, those are still my favorites. MK4 probably comes in the 3rd. I like the asian sounding themes much better than the random instrumentals etc. they used for the later games. Just made nicer select screen music, and didn't get old or annoying.

One thing this has reminded me of, is I would LOVE the old gong sound effect for when you choose "Arcade" or whatever, and it dissolves into the select screen, I always loved that gong sound.

Please report spam posts through the tool. Do not quote and respond to them. We will delete and ban the person responsible. - TRMK Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you keep posting this in every thread????????????

Spammer or spambot alert. Most likely a user that has been banned trying to get revenge. You can use the little triangle with the arrow inside it, located under a disruptive post to report it to the mods.

MKII has one of the best selct screen musics. It's simple, but nice, and not boring after some time. MK3 is also good. MK1 too, I just don't like it so much because it sounds too much chinese.

MKDA and MKD screwed with the evil sound. MKA is not that bad, though. MKvsDCU is just too much heroic.

I must agree with the MKI-MK3 music. Any of those would be great. Not a big fan of the other games' select screen music.

MK1 had the best selectscreen music, followed closely by MK 2 and short after that MK4. So I hope the next one is going to be in the line of those themes (especially MK1's).

As far as I can tell, MK3 had the best select screen music, hands down.
During my UMK3 playthroughs, I sometimes find myself enjoying the music, which is the best one to fit into the whole MK atmosphere (in my opinion, obviously), rather than quickly selecting a fighter before the time runs out.

I'm not into videogame music, but in this case, UMK3 is an exception. I guess it's one of the several reasons to make this game so remarkable.
"The Ultimate Fighting Game"? Yeah... I think so.

Last edited:
I actually really like MKDA and MKD's select screen music as well. MKA's music was pretty bad though

My preferred order:

MK3, MK4, MKDA, MKD, MK2, MK1.....then at the very bottom MKDC and MKA

The first two were a little goofy sounding (though legendary by all means), and the later efforts have come off uninspired and generic.